Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

sounds like it was a good weekend, working this weekend so will be down next week, hopefully i can get my underarm holster by then so i wont be running around trying to keep my pants on with the weight of the deagle pulling them down.
    Still like to get a claymore to try out, but the homemade ones seem to be coming on, we only had the one last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Cant wait to see what all thease claymores and mines are like, Ive a feeling i might find out first hand :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Skatedude wrote:
    sounds like it was a good weekend, working this weekend so will be down next week, hopefully i can get my underarm holster by then so i wont be running around trying to keep my pants on with the weight of the deagle pulling them down.
    Still like to get a claymore to try out, but the homemade ones seem to be coming on, we only had the one last time

I have the same problem with my dropleg, my P226 is too heavy for it, the velcro strap keeps ripping open. I have another holster on the way I'll be attaching to my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

the dropleg i have has elasticated leg straps, they stretch too much and then just become loose when you have it on, especially if you run. the vest i got a few weeks ago has a cross-draw holster on it, much better, haven't dropped my pistol since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Lads,

Who owned the DBoys M4 I saw there ? One of the Boardsies ?

I'm thinking of getting one - any reports on it, good or bad ?
    Online reviews have been pretty positive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Gary had the Dboys M4, he doesn't post on boards. It's not bad at all, accuracy and power are quite good. It does have a few problems though, the outer barrel is a bit wobbly but not too much. Also getting the battery in and out is a bit of a pain, not so much a problem in itself but the crimp connectors are bad on his one, they battery can disconnect itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,209 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So ya'll going next week?

I'm going to try and make it out myself. My mate finally got that Aug so he wants to give it it's first skirmish.

I also want to give the sniper/Mac combo a try out. Neither of them have notched up any kills yet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

Guess whos back.....:D

I'm hoping to get there this Saturday or Sunday. To ask paul in the flesh but if he says no oh well thats the end of that..... now to read all the posts i missed:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Guess whos back.....:D

Fiach? N.O.I.P? Slim Shady? Ah I give up. I'm no good at guessing games.

Oh, and good news for you Irish_Trinity, it seems that Predator have lowered their minimum age to 12. So at the very least you can play there.

Heh getting up there is the only problom:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Heh getting up there is the only problom:rolleyes:

A number of years ago, some pretty smart person created what has come to be known as the 'mini-bus'. This miraculous invention along with another wonder of modern engineering called 'a car' have made it possible to travel hundreds of miles in just a few hours. Of course, that stills leaves the huge problem of asking someone for a lift when they are traveling such distances. :p:p

smart arse:p

well i remember last time when you guys went to predator i asked my dad and this was the responce i got.

"Well Andrew i find it strage that you want to go up with a bunch of men to Northern Ireland to go shoot guns behind a derelect pub.:p kind of strange if you think about it

My mate finally got that Aug so he wants to give it it's first skirmish
    I to am waiting to give my AUG its long awaited debut but i had 2 disassemble the damn gearbox to reshim and add bushings and a solid cylinder, arrggg its still sitting on the table atm. Im getting worried about it it :(

Master of the Universe

Well, you have 4 days to get it back together...GO!

going whore into it 2morrow, its the damn metal bushings they have a thick lip stickin out and thats after their litterely beating into the hole's, yes they are the right size Jg just have probs with a ew common bushings types :(, got both my beretta's working fine for once so ill be heading up regardless

scope: just hope it doesnt end up like my mp5, ah yea, full tune kit, ill install that in a day.... 5 weeks later and i only got it working again last week (not technically my fault though, piston didnt fit properly, very hard to diagnose when you cant see inside the gearbox and it works fine before you screw the gearbox back together)

:( i hope so to ,ive put more money into t then any off my other airsofts

yay she's up and running now :D , it was the internal trigger mechanism which caused most of the hastle, man that piece couldnt be any more awkard. So ill be headn up this saturday for a game if ya'll wanna go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Anyone know how Sunday was? Everyone seems to be talking about saturday. Is there any point on doing a sunday?

Join Ireland Weather Network

theres always a point!

• Advertisement

Ya know id much rather head up with you and maxforce on sunday Tcob but i realy cant get off work so its saturdays for me :(

Master of the Universe

Maxforce is heading up Sunday? He been before? I haven't seen him around

i think he's heading up with tcob, not sure but sunday seems to be a better day for him aswell so im stuck getting the damn 6 am bus again :(

Sadly MaxForce has work problems and now cannot make it. I am hoping to make sunday but wondering how many were there last sunday or planning on going on sunday. It is a long trip for me

o1s1n wrote:
    Maxforce is heading up Sunday? He been before? I haven't seen him around

He was hoping to come up this weekend but work threw a few problems so cannot make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Was speaking to tcob today and I might have to work on Sunday so I wont make it. Damn and it was going to be my first time. A skirmish virgin.

:(

I'll probably be driving up to HRTA on saturday & sunday, so you'll have at least one person to shoot at no matter what day you play.

Turnout on sundays is about the same as saturdays now, based on what I've seen recently..

rough estimate for this saturday? if you were 2 venture a calculated guess?

• Advertisement

8 seems to be the average i think

there was 14ish last saturday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement