Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Blay wrote: »
    Making sure people forllow the rules is everyones job.

Its not my job!!! I go there to use the facilities. Its not my job to run around after people tellin em to take hits its the marshalls job to cheater check which I informed several times who simply shrugged his shoulders! Everyone that was there was pointing out the same thing as I did here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 K1fan

I mad my feelings clear when one of the marshalls sent me back up for not wearing goggles 'my mistake i know' but he was an ass about it. An i dont know how many times i shouted at a marshall bout those young lad not taking their hits. I shot half a mid mag at one an he jus got up an ran away!!! Soooo it clearly wasnt just as simple as "nothing that a couple of shots didn't sort"!!!!!!!! Cos it didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,030 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Its not my job!!! I go there to use the facilities. Its not my job to run around after people tellin em to take hits its the marshalls job to cheater check which I informed several times who simply shrugged his shoulders! Everyone that was there was pointing out the same thing as I did here.

Do something about it then, don't point your finger.

People are great for showing problems but not giving answers.

Work towards rule following yourself.

Eactly it's not your job to tell them to take hits, it's your job to tell the owner about it.

Making sure people forllow the rules is everyones job.

Get the finger out and work towards stopping cheating, if you have a problem tell the owner or keep quiet. Simple really.

No point moaning on here, nothing Paul can do once youve left the site.
    Do something about it then, don't point your finger.

People are great for showing problems but not giving answers.

Work towards rule following yourself.

Eactly it's not your job to tell them to take hits, it's your job to tell the owner about it.

Its my job to tell the marshalls which is exactly what I did!

Its my job to tell the marshalls which is exactly what I did!

And you stated you weren't happy with their actions, so the next step is to go to the owner.

Bad mouthing a site is bad form when you didn't give the owner a chance to solve the problem.

• Advertisement

sci-ops wrote: »
    I think you will find the following applies to most (if not all) sites :

If you suspect another player is not taking their hits, alert a Marshal, inform them of the player in question. They will then take a keen interest in that player until such a time they are satisfied the player has either been hit and acknowledged or is in fact cheating.

Couldnt of said it better meself! Where here does it say ive to come and babysit? I did what is recommended and all i'm sayin is that its the marshalls job to cheater check which wasnt done all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,018 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Probably the time to remind you of an old saying -

'It's only a game'.

Deal with your issues on field. Don't be dragging this rubbish on here please.

And you stated you weren't happy with their actions, so the next step is to go to the owner.

Bad mouthing a site is bad form when you didn't give the owner a chance to solve the problem.

Like I said its constructive. Thats the whole point of this forum to express opinions to better the quality of the games! I'm sure Paul is on here to see exactly whats goin on so he can fix it if he want to. Every site is as good as its marshalls and on saturday they were poor

There was none of that when andy was marshalling

Like I said its constructive. Thats the whole point of this forum to express opinions to better the quality of the games! I'm sure Paul is on here to see exactly whats goin on so he can fix it if he want to. Every site is as good as its marshalls and on saturday they were poor

Grand, think we can both agree that non hit takers are losers anway:D

Im not bad mouthing the site!!! The site is gr8 one of the best just a few kinks is all an im just having a rant to see if anyone agreed with me about the young lads an the lack of cheater checkin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

K1FAN and Dboy ... can you identify yourselves to the audience please?

Who were you and what kit were you wearing? Maybe I can remember you from the 30-50 people that went through HRTA on Saturday.

Grand, think we can both agree that non hit takers are losers anway:D

Now we're talkin:pac:

But in fairness it does ruin a game for everyone:rolleyes:. I brought a load of men with me to get em regulars and they too were put off by it. I hope they come again for the sake of bad marshalling.

Why u wanna kno??? I said in my earlier post i was the guy who got thick when the marshall told me to go to paul an tell him bout not wearin my goggles? Rember now?

Dboy ... can you identify yourselves to the audience please?

Its irrelevant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

K1fan wrote: »
    one of the marshalls sent me back up for not wearing goggles

well i'm 100% with the marshalls on that one

Craigsy wrote: »
    well i'm 100% with the marshalls on that one

Yea iv no problem with a telling off but threating me lik a fukin 2yr old is jus a power trip so wat you tryn to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Why u wanna kno??? I said in my earlier post i was the guy who got thick when the marshall told me to go to paul an tell him bout not wearin my goggles? Rember now?

Hmm

Just been reading this whole discussion and couldnt disagree more, but one thing came to mind. How can you criticise somebody for not abiding by the rules when you yourself dont do it ? And what you do is probably alot more dangerous/worse than what they do...

If they get hit, They cant take it back, but then can learn by there ways, It you get hit, your eyes gone..

Master of the Universe

Yea iv no problem with a telling off but threating me lik a fukin 2yr old is jus a power trip so wat you tryn to say?

I've already asked people to let it go.

Any more of this and I'll be hanging out bans.

You've been warned.

I do indeed. Can't forget you.

For the record, I asked who you are so as I could be certain when I posted your behvaior on the day.

1) You were sent back to the safe zone for not wearing your goggles after having received the same safety briefing as everyone else - twice. Once the morning and once again after lunch when a lot of new players turned up nesesscitating the second reading. You broke the safety rules (there to protect you) and you were given exactly the same penalty as everyone else.

2) When you returned to the safe zone you did not speak to the venue owner - as instructed by myself - and proceeded to return to the field whereupon, by instruction of the site owner I sent you back - again.

3) You spoke to the site owner and were instructed to remain in the safe zone for ten minutes as per the venue penalty protocols. Instead you wandered back down after 2 minutes and were again told to return to the safe zone. I believe you began whinging about "going home" and not wanting to be spoken to like a child - however I am open to correction on your precise words.

4) You were reported to me 3 times for not taking your hits, neither incident I saw and as such I didnt pursue it.

I remember you. I'll certainly remember your attitude, a lot of which is permeating through in your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

anyway all that said and done, any news about some monday milsim madness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

You wouldnt happen to be the "iam not a ****ing 2 year old one would you?
    Its irrelevant!

I went down at the later stage of the day, as i was in the safe zone fixing things. I went down and ended up getting involved, keeping an eye out for any one acting the eejit, and didnt see one, even tho the "younger lads" did catch my eye a few times, but infact they ended up just running back to regen, or else just not putting up there hands and just walking back. I dont know what was going on in the first half of the day, but things didnt seem to be as bad as you are makingn them out to be.
    iam not saying there wasn't cheating or trying to hide it, but even when i was playing(with a handgun) there didnt seem to be any problems with hits

In defence of the marshalls as such, there is a procedure followed for things likes this, when a player has a complaint against him, a marshall usually pays a particular attention to that player and others who have complaints, if they are found to be cheating they are sent back to the safe zone timeout follows then sent back down once more, if they are still actin the muppet they are sent back and dealt with the site owner,
    as for cheater checking, its not exactly implemented EVERY time theres a complaint, but it is used, when available/needed. If marshalls went around cheater checking everyone people would just get browned off, and it holds up players.

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Hmm

Just been reading this whole discussion and couldnt disagree more, but one thing came to mind. How can you criticise somebody for not abiding by the rules when you yourself dont do it ? And what you do is probably alot more dangerous/worse than what they do...

If they get hit, They cant take it back, but then can learn by there ways, It you get hit, your eyes gone..

I wasnt playin i was walking down to play an forgot to put them on "easy mistake" an he let me walk the whole way down b4 telling me to go back up an tell paul what i did??? im not a 2yr old!!! he could of said hay u put those fukn goggles on an that would of been fine. Now thats a power trip if iv ever seen one lad YEAH???

P.K wrote: »
    You wouldnt happen to be the "iam not a ****ing 2 year old one would you?

YEP tats me, an why wasnt you an andy marshallin cos tat never happnd when ye 2 marshalled

Its irrelevant!

I'm afraid it is relevant.

There was a pretty large number of brand new players in the late afternoon and a lot of others whom had never been to the site before.

I received three complaints about people not taking hits on the day. One from G3-Nut and one from another lad as I walked past him in the field (the other was earlier in the day and was resolved by other means).

In neither situation did I see the accused not take a hit but in both circumstances the second marshal was radioed to take a few minutes to watch the individual in question.

I would remind anyone determined to throw stones of the following:

Its your word against theirs. Your sense of injustice is not evidence enough of a person cheating.

Cheater checking is done at HRTA and was done on Saturday. We try to keep a lot of it covert and as such use properly moderated guns for the job. On Saturday we had only one of these available and it was used - repeatedly - to cheater check. Just because you dont see something happen, doesnt mean that it did not.

Look my final say on this is BAN ALL under 16 from playing

Look my final say on this is BAN ALL under 16 from playing

That is idiotic

I wasnt playin i was walking down to play an forgot to put them on "easy mistake" an he let me walk the whole way down b4 telling me to go back up an tell paul what i did??? im not a 2yr old!!! he could of said hay u put those fukn goggles on an that would of been fine. Now thats a power trip if iv ever seen one lad YEAH???

I did not let you walk the whole way down. I called you on the instant I could tell you were not wearing your goggles.

In future I will of course carry long range binoculars with digital "not wearin' me ****in' eye-protection" finding technology.

Master of the Universe

Ever get the feeling nobody is listening to you?

I'm momintarily locking this thread until I figure out who to ban. (Apologies Paul, won't be for long)

Master of the Universe

K1fan - Banned for two weeks. I gave you fair warning.

Dboy85 - A bit of civility goes a long way. You were lucky you copped on after my warning or you'd have been banned too. If I see you do that again you're gone. Cop on.

And to the Marshals - Thanks for trying to clear things up. But in future please don't let trolls wind you up.

Now I'm going to reopen this thread. As I said previously -

LEAVE ANY ISSUES TO DO WITH MARSHALLING ON THE FIELD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Just to help prevent a image of Cheaters running rampant at HRTA.

The problem of none Hit taking only arose to me when I heard the above complaines shouting things along the lines "I HIT YOU F*UCKING AGES AGO" and such.

This was to three lads that i was standing beside watching.

Then these "young lads" not hit taking we shot and were nearly in tears because it was their first time getting shot.

So clearly if they were hit, I the marshal, standing beside them, would of noticed their screams of pain.

This is only the bitter back lash because of someone thinking that health and safety rules are to be followed at their leisure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement