Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Just to help prevent a image of Cheaters running rampant at HRTA.

The problem of none Hit taking only arose to me when I heard the above complaines shouting things along the lines "I HIT YOU F*UCKING AGES AGO" and such.

This was to three lads that i was standing beside watching.

Then these "young lads" not hit taking we shot and were nearly in tears because it was their first time getting shot.

So clearly if they were hit, I the marshal, standing beside them, would of noticed their screams of pain.

This is only the bitter back lash because of someone thinking that health and safety rules are to be followed at their leisure.

Enough said on the topic! I said my piece and dont want to risk a ban on the subject! Lets move on a deal with it IF there will be a next time on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Holy **** when did this thread get so interesting :D

I have to say only played with Hive as marshall once...and you jsut know there will be very little ****.

People should remember the marshall to player ratio is ****ing ridic, with usually 30 players per marshall.

Hive is the type of guy that realises ( i think) that to do **** properly in airsoft, you have to step on toes and deal with pre madonna attitudes.

I for one avoided HRTA for some time because of piss poor marshalling and knowing that there was as much chance of a marshall giving out to a bunny rabbit.

I'm glad Hivemind is there kicking ass, because it has spurred me to get involved in his milsim and get back to HRTA, because the games will be proper.

And to the poster who said something along the lines " omfg why was he playing complex games why not just play deathmatch i wanted to pwn noobs with my awp"

Your the reason this sport is so **** sometimes and drive veterened airsofters to the small world of irish milsim...I'm not talking about me, but it is pretty much heartbreaking when most of the soundest and best players in this region, wont come play skirmishes anymore because of its boring mondaneness

I realise that may sound epic elitism, I'm only in the sport a year and in no way a vet, but I think its the responsibility of those playing longer and have played everywhere, to educate new players on what airsoft actually is, and why its better running more realistic complex game scenarios. Much like how at first I was puzzled as to why Dex would usually spent so long with customers in the shop nearly persuading them to buy midcaps. But then I realised, as a vet airsofter, he was merely educating players in how they will enjoy airsoft more with midcaps and how it overall makes the entire game a better experience should more people use them, and I've since followed suit in talking the time to elaborate to customers both new and old why midcaps are advantageous.

Paul and Hive and Extremetaz get whopper kudos from me, and I've alot of time for them because of the effort they have put into organising and running milsim...which airsoft actually is.

Again Hivemind and Extremetaz saving airsoft...maybe not this time from being banned...but certainly saving it from being ****....

Apologies for Oisin because I well know he wants this buried and I apologise but I have to get it out of my system....before airsoft turns into CS 1.REAL. As awesome as that may have sounded when i first started...I realise now it would be utterly ****e if it was the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Just to help prevent a image of Cheaters running rampant at HRTA.

The problem of none Hit taking only arose to me when I heard the above complaines shouting things along the lines "I HIT YOU F*UCKING AGES AGO" and such.

This was to three lads that i was standing beside watching.

Then these "young lads" not hit taking we shot and were nearly in tears because it was their first time getting shot.

So clearly if they were hit, I the marshal, standing beside them, would of noticed their screams of pain.

This is only the bitter back lash because of someone thinking that health and safety rules are to be followed at their leisure.

not to continue the argument, or start a new one, you werent standing beside those lads when i shot them because they were lying down in the open grass 20 feet away from me, i was shooting them in the back, they jumped up, and then moved to where you were,thats why i just walked over to you annd asked to keep an eye on them, nothing you can do if you dont see it ! however, i didnt start roaring at them, it was one their mates who shot them after me, then he started to shout and curse at them and i agree with you that it was well out of order..some people just got too aggro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

well despite everything i had a good afternoon on saturday! once the box mag brigade left it became a game again not who has the most ammo!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

You were reported to me 3 times for not taking your hits, neither incident I saw and as such I didnt pursue it.

Hard core evidence you couldnt be bothered doin what your supposed which is prevent cheaters and follow up complaints. Your obviously not goin to see everything but your supposed to follow complaints up.
    The hrta site is class but run poorly by below par marshalls that might as well stayed at home...but your well able to come on here and troll and get ur friends to ban people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Dboy85 - Oisin has warned you already - take a week off to cool down and rethink what you choose to post here

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Making complaints, two days after it supposed to have happened, is well, i'll leave that one up to you, to think about.

As i have said before if you have a complaint go to a marshal, if the marshal is not sorting it out come to me or mel, and we will sort it out.

As to what was dealt with on saturday,

No one complained about not taken hits, to me on saturday, so as far as i can see it, it didnt happen, as for rule breaking i had 4 for not wearing there goggles, and 7 for not making there guns safe in the safe zone, i even had to take a gun off one person for not making it safe in the safe zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Dum de dum. Sorry for changing the subject :)

...but any word on Monday's MilSim?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

sliabh wrote: »

+1

Yeah trying to plan the weekend out.

Airsoft or wow.

Come on paul drag me out pwease :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

+1
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah trying to plan the weekend out.

Airsoft or wow.

Come on paul drag me out pwease :)

Sorry lads about this delay, i'm still waiting on the DoJ, for my pyro cert,

And i was thinking with friday nights game been a milsim not many would show up on monday, i even thought hive would have run his game on monday, and not friday,

But if you all want a milsim game on monday, i can run some thing, just that i wont have time to come up with some this soon, and as i said i might not have pyro's for monday.

Paul.

I'll be there Monday regardless but a milsim would be good. You haven't run a big one with the new compound structure in place.

I'll be there Monday regardless but a milsim would be good. You haven't run a big one with the new compound structure in place.
    Sorry for going "me too", but - Me Too.

I just can't make Hive's Friday night gig, so I have to get my fix in other ways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

hrta wrote: »
    Sorry lads about this delay, i'm still waiting on the DoJ, for my pyro cert,

And i was thinking with friday nights game been a milsim not many would show up on monday, i even thought hive would have run his game on monday, and not friday,

But if you all want a milsim game on monday, i can run some thing, just that i wont have time to come up with some this soon, and as i said i might not have pyro's for monday.

Paul.

I've a wedding to go to on friday, so if Hive's milsim got moved that'd be epic win. Was kicking myself I was missing the first 2 days.

Even if it's limited ammo games I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

WE WANT MONDAY MILSIM MAYHEM!!

There, I think I've made my point... Please make it happen Paul, pretty please...:cool:

I believe its in the works, watch this space.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I believe its in the works, watch this space.

How about the world v Nato?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I was just speaking to Paul and he has given me the go ahead for a MilSim on Monday.

I'll be back in a couple of hos with something tasty. :D

How about the world v Nato?
    Or something topical, post bird flu apocalypse survivalists vs barbarian hordes...

:)

Hive, will your MilSim be a standalone, or part of the ongoing campaign?

Or something topical, post bird flu apocalypse survivalists vs barbarian hordes...

:)

Hive, will your MilSim be a standalone, or part of the ongoing campaign?

Sorry Sliabh, Monday its not going to be part of the overall campaign. The scenario is being written by the RoE staff but it is a HRTA event.

• Advertisement

Sorry Sliabh, Monday its not going to be part of the overall campaign. The scenario is being written by the RoE staff but it is a HRTA event.
    No, that's fine. I couldn't make the Friday's so I haven't registered.

I was just speaking to Paul and he has given me the go ahead for a MilSim on Monday.

I'll be back in a couple of ho's with something tasty. :D

Finally someone realises what airsoft has been missing.

Its a realistic scenario, extracting hot girls in skimpies from a terrorist organisation from the middle east who are " not ok with naked chicks".

Get it done...though we may have to re-advise the search rule slightly....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You seriously need to stop playing WoW...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The epic conflict between vaguely green and vaguely tan continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The epic conflict between vaguely green and vaguely tan continues...

Lmao! :pac::pac:

I really have to try and find my way up for one of these events. Only time I can really make it is on the weekends. Has there/Will there be any plans for milsim on a satderday or possibly sunday ?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Lmao! :pac::pac:

I really have to try and find my way up for one of these events. Only time I can really make it is on the weekends. Has there/Will there be any plans for milsim on a satderday or possibly sunday ?

Personally I would run games everyday of the week if there were the interest and attendance to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

well if it's milsim its gotta be like the movies, so gradually you team dies off one by one until your best buddy is gunned down running for the extraction chopper and you make and EPIC NNNOOOOOO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if there is a milsim day monday is there a sign up list like there was for the last one or just turn up?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Craigsy wrote: »
    .... until your best buddy is gunned down running for the extraction chopper and you make and EPIC NNNOOOOOO!!!!!

I owe my best buddy €50, so I could probably live with him having a glorious exit.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    I owe my best buddy €50, so I could probably live with him having a glorious exit.

Wow. thats cold ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement