Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

Great games today i have to say. No cheating by anyone ,even the rentals were all honest enough to take hits. Highlight of the day for me was when the games finished we couldnt see Judd(soupy) so 3 of us went looking and we found him asleep in a courner of a portocabin even though there shooting all around him. :P:P:P
    Thanks to Paul and Mel for a great day.
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

Hi all,

I would be interested in taking part in a Jerobian Conflict evening... reading the rules, In understand that the accepted loadout for nato forces would be 10x 30 round mags and 10 x 45 round mags for the other side.

Does everyone playing actually have 10 mags? If so, where's the best place to get them and what's the best way to carry them around? Do people generally invest in tactical vests?

Thanks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Hi all,

I would be interested in taking part in a Jerobian Conflict evening... reading the rules, In understand that the accepted loadout for nato forces would be 10x 30 round mags and 10 x 45 round mags for the other side.

Does everyone playing actually have 10 mags? If so, where's the best place to get them and what's the best way to carry them around? Do people generally invest in tactical vests?

Thanks folks

no not everyone has the 10 mags, i dont and have never been caught out because i lacked mags. A vest would be a smart investment, but its not essential. Just make use of what you have, even a dump pouch would do.
    the days will be changin so keep and eye on the forum

Thanks for the info PK!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Big thanks to every one yesterday, big thanks to SE Airsoft, that made the trip up and for the chat, and the snowballs, and Nigel all the way over from cyprus, and mick for his barrett .50, made every one's day.

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Weather, a hangover and an '08 Shelby GT500 stopped me from going out on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get out in the next week or two while things are quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Paul just wanted me to post this on his behalf.

There is a special game on tomorrow night dedicated to a very special player who was one of THE original airsofters in the country and a long time player in HRTA.

Nigel is heading back to Cyprus this week and unfortunately airsoft is not playable there. So Paul is throwing a special re-union game tomorrow for Nigel and all are welcome.

Games start from 7pm till 9pm. There is no playing fee for the nights gaming, as its a happy send off for a dedicated player who was one of the first to dawn the fields of airsoft in the country. This game is open for ANYONE to attend

attachment.php?attachmentid=85490&d=1248084244

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I might be able to go, are rentals allowed? I have a few mates who might like to come too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Cheers to Paul & Mel for Sunday. We all had an excellent day. You have converted my kid brother, he's completely addicted to airsoft now & can't wait to come back.

We'll be definately be back in August & this time we'll bring re-enforcements. ;) Guys love what you've done with the site. :):):)
    Thanks again,

Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sleeps

Thanks Paul for Sunday. I really enjoyed the day & the craic. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I wont make it out tomorow. Best of luck Nigel, dont work too hard ;)

Hi guys,

Just wondering - for the Jerobian conflict - would it be ok to bring mid cap mags but only filled with 30 or 45 rounds?

Cheers

Hi guys,

Just wondering - for the Jerobian conflict - would it be ok to bring mid cap mags but only filled with 30 or 45 rounds?

Cheers

do you mean do this as opposed to bringing low/real caps?

Because hardly anyone has low/real caps.
    everyone just brings mids and loads 34 bbs, as 4 get left inbetween mag and hop unit.
    so yeah thats fine.

Hi guys,

Cheers

Yes of course you can, it's tricky and expensive for many people to get a hold of real-cap mags. Best bet is to shuffle into Eirsoft or another retailer and grab a pack of mags suitable for your gun of choice. Mag brand mid caps come in boxes of 8 for about 50-60 bucks a pop.

Dont forget to drop us a mail with your details at roe@hivemind.ie and sign up for the forum at www.rulesofengagement.ie to get access to faction specific info.

Thanks guys - that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Cheers Paul for the brilliant day, it was great to finally meet you. :)

madmaxi wrote: »
    Cheers Paul for the brilliant day, it was great to finally meet you. :)

Your more than welcome any time.

Paul.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Paul just wanted me to post this on his behalf.

There is a special game on tomorrow night dedicated to a very special player who was one of THE original airsofters in the country and a long time player in HRTA.

Nigel is heading back to Cyprus this week and unfortunately airsoft is not playable there. So Paul is throwing a special re-union game tomorrow for Nigel and all are welcome.

Games start from 7pm till 9pm. There is no playing fee for the nights gaming, as its a happy send off for a dedicated player who was one of the first to dawn the fields of airsoft in the country. This game is open for ANYONE to attend

attachment.php?attachmentid=85490&d=1248084244

Big thanks to every one, that took time out this evening to give a Nigel a great game of airsoft, and great send off, thanks again to every one, and best of luck Nigel, see you soon.

Paul.

I was thinking of putting some landmines in the site, and they would be left out there all the time, they would work off compressed air, but the problem is they would fill with water over time, and when set off you would get wet, so i am asking would any one mind getting wet from them, thanks.

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

i wouldnt mind

at least you cant deny you didnt step on one if your soaked

and well erm missing a limb lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

It will certainly liven things up. You'll have to add them into the Safety Briefing though.

Don't mind the water... it's what grows in it that I might not like!!!By the way - is the Rules of Engagement forum down at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

hrta wrote: »
    I was thinking of putting some landmines in the site, and they would be left out there all the time, they would work off compressed air, but the problem is they would fill with water over time, and when set off you would get wet, so i am asking would any one mind getting wet from them, thanks.

Paul.
    If they are left out all the time then the regulars would soon know where they are. Which means only new people would be getting soaked.

Oh, wait a minute. Now I get it.......

Don't mind the water... it's what grows in it that I might not like!!!By the way - is the Rules of Engagement forum down at the moment?

Yes, we appear to be having some technical difficulties :(. We have contacted our hosting company and it should be resolved shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing players, we assure you if there is an arse to be kicked for the down time it will be well and truly booted. ;)

hrta wrote: »

Paul.

jaysis you swear the trip wires werent enough now mines:D

i dont have a problem anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iamc

Hey lads, need to get to HRTA tonight to talk to Paul, I am using public transport. Can get to City Centre, anyone able to give a lift? Really Appreiciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

iamc wrote: »
    Hey lads, need to get to HRTA tonight to talk to Paul, I am using public transport. Can get to City Centre, anyone able to give a lift? Really Appreiciate it.

HI IAMC,

The hawks will be their tonight, post on our forums and see if any comes back.

www.hawksairsoft.com

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iamc

Yea, so Paul was saying...will do thanx!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks a million to Paul for opening up the site for us Hawks to play against the Take AIM team in a friendly match.

Was a good game with great honour and sportsmanship ( we wont touch on the hostage incident, cheeky bugger :P ) and good skill too.

Was a pleasure playing against the Take Aim Team Squad ( TATS, your new name) :)

Hopefully there will be more in the future, with maybe even adding a few more teams to the fold for some friendly fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement