Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Just to echo what Doc said - thanks a mill to Paul for letting us have the run of the place. Enjoyable game tonight although I think a grave error might have been made (not looking at anyone in particular 2IC...:rolleyes:) in the decision to get the bomb to each teams base which was also their respawn point. Turned into a stalemate however we had Team Take Aim nailed in their respawn for the longest time - it was easy on them though as they had only to walk 5 paces when we slotted them where as we had to leg it the length of HRTA and back when they took one of us out (which thankfully didn't happen that often!;))!! Look forward to doing it again soon!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thanks a million to Paul for opening up the site for us Hawks to play against the Take AIM team in a friendly match.

Was a good game with great honour and sportsmanship ( we wont touch on the hostage incident, cheeky bugger :P ) and good skill too.

Was a pleasure playing against the Take Aim Team Squad ( TATS, your new name) :)

Hopefully there will be more in the future, with maybe even adding a few more teams to the fold for some friendly fun.

Your more than welcome, any time.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

+1 from me, Cheers Paul.

The site has really come on, so many buildings and so much cover, made for fantistic games, or should i say Game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fayer wrote: »
    +1 from me, Cheers Paul.

The site has really come on, so many buildings and so much cover, made for fantistic games, or should i say Game :rolleyes:

Agreed, the site has come on leaps and bounds and just promotes tactical play, amazing.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Agreed, the site has come on leaps and bounds and just promotes tactical play, amazing.

Just wait till some off them walls go up :D

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Just to echo what Doc said - thanks a mill to Paul for letting us have the run of the place. Enjoyable game tonight although I think a grave error might have been made (not looking at anyone in particular 2IC...:rolleyes:) in the decision to get the bomb to each teams base which was also their respawn point. Turned into a stalemate however we had Team Take Aim nailed in their respawn for the longest time - it was easy on them though as they had only to walk 5 paces when we slotted them where as we had to leg it the length of HRTA and back when they took one of us out (which thankfully didn't happen that often!;))!! Look forward to doing it again soon!:pac:

Was fairly annoyed that I missed the game the other night. Been swamped with working on the magazine. But I heard it was a good game and thanks to Paul for opening the site for the lads. Just to make things clear though, next time I'll be playing and you girls will find yourselves in a world of hurt!!!!!!!! :)
    I think this should become a regular thing though. And just a quick thanks to all the Hawks for helping us out with the latest issue. Cheers, guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

anybody headin up sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

im comin up with one guy, so 2 tomorrow so far,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Was fairly annoyed that I missed the game the other night. Been swamped with working on the magazine. But I heard it was a good game and thanks to Paul for opening the site for the lads. Just to make things clear though, next time I'll be playing and you girls will find yourselves in a world of hurt!!!!!!!! :)
    I think this should become a regular thing though. And just a quick thanks to all the Hawks for helping us out with the latest issue. Cheers, guys!

The pleasure's all ours Ian. Let me know when you're ready to hold your ass and I'll be happy to schedule a date when we can come and hand it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Anything special happening for the bank holiday weekend?

• Advertisement

Craigsy wrote: »
    Anything special happening for the bank holiday weekend?

I think most poeple will be away, at red hammer, but if any one wants the site for the day, i'll open up, or if two teams would like to go head to head, you can have the site to yourselfs.

Tomorrow, Tuesdays games, 12 years to 17 years, from 14:00 to 17:00, price is €10.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

hrta wrote: »
    I think most poeple will be away, at red hammer, but if any one wants the site for the day, i'll open up, or if two teams would like to go head to head, you can have the site to yourselfs.

I'd especially recommend this to any teams who haven't gone to HRTA in the last few months, it's a completely different site than it was a few months ago. Just ask the Take AIM las, some of them hadn't been in a while and were very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Hey, I'm heading out to Jebrovia tomorrow but I'll need to book a rental if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Might neeed a lift me self my transport is on the sick

so if anybody can offer me a lift just incase??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Is there many heading up on Saturday? If there is I'll probably be up with a rental or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Is there many heading up on Saturday? If there is I'll probably be up with a rental or two.

saterday does ususally be the better day. but we might be missing a few of the regulars due to the Balkan Thunder games. ill be there anyway:P

I'll head up so, I'll see if I can get a couple of mates to join in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'll most likely be there assuming I have the BarSpec in proper working order

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

anyone one going on sunday , have to get back to playing

• Advertisement

Had an excellent days gaming, well done and fair play to all who made it so enjoyable and well done to P.K and Hivemind for their brilliant marshalling!
    It won't take me two months to get back again!
    Hmmm, I'm still? bleeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Thanks to everyone who came out today. A joy to marshal the games with virtually no run-ins at all. :)

What do people think of the new additions and layouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Thanks to everyone who came out today. A joy to marshal the games with virtually no run-ins at all. :)

What do people think of the new additions and layouts?

It's great. I'd put some more gaps or openings into the new 'walls' though. Maps!! It'll help. Great stuff. What gerrowadat said: I haven't been there in a bit, and it's really evolved. Massive site, with a lot of complex game possibilities.

Thanks for a great day's gaming to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

kevteljeur wrote: »
    It's great. I'd put some more gaps or openings into the new 'walls' though. Maps!! It'll help. Great stuff. What gerrowadat said: I haven't been there in a bit, and it's really evolved. Massive site, with a lot of complex game possibilities.

Thanks for a great day's gaming to all.

walls you say?..... I'll be down tomorrow :P

no seriously i will...or shud i say today....its tecnically sunday...

Great site and just keeps gettin better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

woohoo back in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

any one heading here tommorro??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Is there a game?

Is there a game?

I'd say there might be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

i might be make it down depending on lifts,
    ive a few repairs to do:rolleyes: