Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

davidd24 wrote: »
    Hope to get out Sunday half day too
    lookin forward to seeing the new site.
    Paul you still on same mob number???

My number is the same one, see you sunday.

Paul.

T4RGET wrote: »
    been ages since I showed my face around here:P Site looks good Paul, decidedd to check website too, see that's changed too:)
    Good luck with it, hopefully will be up after Leaving Cert

Good luck with the exams, and every one else, that has exams, best of luck.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Yeah, totally on both counts, bring lots of hydration and good luck with the exams (and remeber kids, real life before gaming!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Should be up tomorrow to see the new site and bring a few stragglers.

I have the directions to the site, is it marked at all? i.e. how will I know the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hoping to be part of the gerroutmobile.

Paul have you got any BB's onsite for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

dying to get down to the new site. really trying to make it out tomorrow for a few hours.

Paul congrats to you and your better half, i presume you have bought th little one an AEG? ;)

Hope to catch ya all tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

great games today hope to see ya all tomorrow.

oh one more thing can who ever borrowed my ghillie suit please return it to the site thanks. andy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hoping to be part of the gerroutmobile.

Paul have you got any BB's onsite for sale?

Hi Doc, we have some .2's if thats ok.

Paul.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Should be up tomorrow to see the new site and bring a few stragglers.

I have the directions to the site, is it marked at all? i.e. how will I know the entrance.

Hi Dave, there is a traffic cone on the gate piller, if thats any help.

Paul.

hrta wrote: »
    Hi Doc, we have some .2's if thats ok.

Paul.

Awesom, see you then looking forward to it

• Advertisement

I absolutely love the new site.

Fantastic days gaming I really enjoyed myself and the site is so impressive I really was taken a back by how well it plays, smashing stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Have to agree, the new site adds a lot, love the mounds and pace of the games from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

gotta say s well great lay out, room to flank on either side and the rolling asualt game was fantastic, thanks for the great day and we'll be back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭physter

New site is pretty good, great games there today especially the village assault at the end :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Unfortunately didn't have the free time this weekend to visit, sounds deadly though, any photos yet?

Great day out yesteray, I'm absolutely destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

weird question but any pics of the site or any youtube vids no? want to see it:)

There's some a few pages back.

Essentially there's a loose stone carpark ringed with cabins which forms the safe zone.

Running down the South boundary of the site from safe zone to end is a dirt track used by construction vehicles, the Northern boundary is a river which is a bit deeper than the one on the old site and in a small ravine. The West boundary is the safe zone itself and the East boundary is a large ditch/hedge/fence.

Leaving the safe zone there's a firing alley for chronoing and setup followed by an open area with some stacks of as yet unpositioned debris from the old site.

Just past that is the old two-part portakabin/caravan with kitchen and bedrooms currently positioned so that the bathroom on the kitchen end is closed off by the side of the bedroom end (there's enough of a gap to run through but it's good cover) and the bathroom part of the bedroom end faces East away from the safe zone. Flanking this on the North is open space and the South some small embankments.

From here the ground runs gently downhill over a short space of open ground to some large (tall enough to conceal a standing person) embankments and some big planks and bits of plywood barriers from the old site. Behind these are the bus which is currently at a slight lean and has some old panels and things in the ground floor (top floor still accessible).

There's open space after the bus (this could be improved a little with one or two strategicly placed cover pieces) to another embankment running North-South (about waist height) followed by a field of small mounds (same height) which provide some very good cover to move between. After this there's a short (maybe cabin length) open ground section followed by the cabins an containers.

The containers are mostly laid out in 4 North-South rows with an open space in the North East and Wastern outlier in the South. I'm not sure if this is the intended layout (I got the impression it wasn't) but it provides a variety of long and short range engagements and running along from cover to cover.

As I mentioned earlier there's a ravine along the river, there's definite scope for movement in cover along this ravine as a flanking action but it's broken by thick growth in some places and is currently not exactly the quietest approach.

On the whole, even though it's a temporary arrangement it works really well and the games we had there on Sunday were tight, active and fun (rolling assault is particularly good in the current setup provided both teams are using the same type of magazine). I quite like the way the cabins are laid out in sort of streets and I think it'd be great if Paul kept that but moved them so that they represented meeting streets (in some form of open space) rather than parallel. Perhaps with some kind of medina or fence arrangement in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Stonewolf wrote: »
    There's some a few pages back.

Essentially there's a loose stone carpark ringed with cabins which forms the safe zone.

Running down the South boundary of the site from safe zone to end is a dirt track used by construction vehicles, the Northern boundary is a river which is a bit deeper than the one on the old site and in a small ravine. The West boundary is the safe zone itself and the East boundary is a large ditch/hedge/fence.

Leaving the safe zone there's a firing alley for chronoing and setup followed by an open area with some stacks of as yet unpositioned debris from the old site.

Just past that is the old two-part portakabin/caravan with kitchen and bedrooms currently positioned so that the bathroom on the kitchen end is closed off by the side of the bedroom end (there's enough of a gap to run through but it's good cover) and the bathroom part of the bedroom end faces East away from the safe zone. Flanking this on the North is open space and the East some small embankments.

From here the ground runs gently downhill over a short space of open ground to some large (tall enough to conceal a standing person) embankments and some big planks and bits of plywood barriers from the old site. Behind these are the bus which is currently at a slight lean and has some old panels and things in the ground floor (top floor still accessible).

There's open space after the bus (this could be improved a little with one or two strategicly placed cover pieces) to another embankment running North-South (about waist height) followed by a field of small mounds (same height) which provide some very good cover to move between. After this there's a short (maybe cabin length) open ground section followed by the cabins an containers.

The containers are mostly laid out in 4 North-South rows with an open space in the North East and Wastern outlier in the South. I'm not sure if this is the intended layout (I got the impression it wasn't) but it provides a variety of long and short range engagements and running along from cover to cover.

As I mentioned earlier there's a ravine along the river, there's definite scope for movement in cover along this ravine as a flanking action but it's broken by thick growth in some places and is currently not exactly the quietest approach.

On the whole, even though it's a temporary arrangement it works really well and the games we had there on Sunday were tight, active and fun (rolling assault is particularly good in the current setup provided both teams are using the same type of magazine). I quite like the way the cabins are laid out in sort of streets and I think it'd be great if Paul kept that but moved them so that they represented meeting streets (in some form of open space) rather than parallel. Perhaps with some kind of medina or fence arrangement in between.

Thanks for that:) very discriptive, you must be good at english:P
    that street layout sounds interesting, I liked that idea and was wondering what HRTA (old) would like with streets so this should be good

almost that time of the week who's up this weekend will be up both days as im off this weekend again woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Bit wet there Andy?

G.I Joseph wrote: »
    Bit wet there Andy?

nope i dont drink but since we're at it. happy friday all whos up tomorrow woohoo.

oh joe you want me to bring those radios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I haven't had a chance to check the new site out yet so I think its about I did. I'll probably be out Saturday but either way I'll be out this weekend (unless this damn cold gets any worse).

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

andy_g wrote: »
    nope i dont drink but since we're at it. happy friday all whos up tomorrow woohoo.

oh joe you want me to bring those radios

Yes please

G.I Joseph wrote: »
    Yes please

ok not a bother what day ya up joe and ill bring them?

see ya all tomorrow

good games today see ya 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hi paul, i know your busy atm with important stuff but i was wondering when the next round of the round-up competition will be, it was a great laugh the last time!

good games saturday sorry i didnt get up sunday but see ya all the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

ah im tryin to get up to the milsim:(sounds great just tryin to get a lift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

just wonderin any lifts frm liffey valley area?for the milsim game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement