Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

• Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lemming wrote:
    I now have a nice new (well ... 2nd hand) CA1 Steyr courtesy of liamo, so I could be persuaded to have a go sometime in the next couple of weeks. Need to sort a strap, ammo pouches, face mask, etc. first though.

And ammo .... yes. Lots of ammo.

Excellent. Hope to riddle you sometime soon :)

Although hang on, you bought Liamo's Steyr? ah, that thing hurts!

o1s1n wrote:
    Excellent. Hope to riddle you sometime soon :)

Although hang on, you bought Liamo's Steyr? ah, that thing hurts!

You might reconcider riddling him. Chalky can tell you how much it hurts, hes been at the reciving end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That AUG rocks

Master of the Universe

Remember that time you rented it out to that newbie at HRTA? I ran in through the SWAT entrance and took some cover. He shot me in the top of the head. Nice, I thought, said hit and started to stand up to make my exit to the respawn.

That wasn't enough for him though :mad: He proceeded to unload on me.

Not the nicest of people. But yeah, a pretty fine piece of equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

hey guess what lads!!!!!!!

i quit my job!!!!!! which means i have free time, so i'm off to bfsl durin g the week and hrta soon, not saturday (speedball) and maybe sunday but i might be doing rock climbing

o1s1n wrote:
    Remember that time you rented it out to that newbie at HRTA? I ran in through the SWAT entrance and took some cover. He shot me in the top of the head. Nice, I thought, said hit and started to stand up to make my exit to the respawn.

That wasn't enough for him though :mad: He proceeded to unload on me.

Not the nicest of people. But yeah, a pretty fine piece of equipment.

Rember that. The b*****d would never take his hits. I think people ended up balsting him so he would take the hits.

Master of the Universe

liamo333 wrote:
    Rember that. The b*****d would never take his hits. I think people ended up balsting him so he would take the hits.

He also kept blind firing through cracks between walls and other such nonsense. Really ruins a day when someone acts the idiot like that.

Jaysus Whup, that's a pretty active life you lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

does hrta ever do any nighttime events??

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

it is now i don't work in the evenings and am off school so i can work in crossfire paintball during the days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

does hrta ever do any nighttime events??

there was one about a month ago on a sunday evening around dusk... wasnt at it myself but from what i've heard it was good craic, CrazyRabbit and Spitfire were there i think...

actually, would be interesting to get a night game going, anyone up for camping next weekend? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

i remember that fiend!! everytime id hit him i kept getting taken out meself about 3 seconds later cos ive to keep shooting him :mad:. theirs nothing worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Lemming wrote:
    I now have a nice new (well ... 2nd hand) CA1 Steyr courtesy of liamo, so I could be persuaded to have a go sometime in the next couple of weeks. Need to sort a strap, ammo pouches, face mask, etc. first though.

And ammo .... yes. Lots of ammo.

You can rent the mask and buy bb's at HRTA. The rest is is not critical, so drop in to HRTA for a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it was more an evening game (the day just dragged out that long).
    was good fun and getting within 5 feet of each other, opening up, and missing was interesting.

the only true attempt at a NIGHT game ended before it began as we (me jonny andy and nige and paul went on the pi$$)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

liamo333 wrote:
    You might reconcider riddling him. Chalky can tell you how much it hurts, hes been at the reciving end of it.
    Yup, hurts alright. has good grouping too, 2 shots in the exact same spot on the head. Reminded me to wear a helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Wont be around this weekend:(

chalky wrote:
    Yup, hurts alright. has good grouping too, 2 shots in the exact same spot on the head. Reminded me to wear a helmet.

Sorry about chalky:(

liamo333 wrote:
    Sorry about chalky:(
    If I had a problem about getting hit, I wouldn't play the sport

i wont be der this weekend,goin on the piss in the canaries:)

chalky wrote:
    If I had a problem about getting hit, I wouldn't play the sport

-Mental Note to Self-

Shoot Chalky in the fingers, neck, ear lobes, lip, inner thighs and family jewels. See if he has a problem with being hit then.

-End Mental Note to Self-

• Advertisement

dont push him he il do it!!...last sat i told crazyrabbit he could fire 1 or 2 shots into my back on the ranges...i came out of hrta looking like i had the chicken pocks

dont push him he il do it!!...last sat i told crazyrabbit he could fire 1 or 2 shots into my back on the ranges...i came out of hrta looking like i had the chicken pocks

My finger cramped up. I didn't mean to fire 300 bb's at you. Honest.

-Mental Note to Self-

Shoot Chalky in the fingers, neck, ear lobes, lip, inner thighs and family jewels. See if he has a problem with being hit then.

-End Mental Note to Self-
    Ah crap!

That crazyRabbit guy, he's crazy you know!

*runs off to find thick gloves, scarf, face mask, pants and cup. Then hides in the corner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

Be Afraid Be Very Afraid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Balaam

Pain and brusing asde, i'll be going this Saturday, bar my untimely demise before then. I would like to organise to borrow/rent/try out different people's gear to get a a good knowledge of what i want etc. PS: where and when to meet people and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I was hoping to get along, but I cant make it this weekend. Frickin' responsibilities...who needs 'em ??!!

I wouldn't mind so much either, but the M203 grenades I ordered arrived yesterday, and I was looking forward to firing them at something that could fire back :D

whats the launcer like shiva? im quite intrigued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

whats the launcer like shiva? im quite intrigued

Well....how can I put this politely ?
    Its the Dogs Knackers :D

We've a long extended garage at the side of our house, so I've only fired it in there. I was going to pop one off ( a shell, you filthy minded bugger ) out in the back garden, 'cos thats quite long too, but I'm glad I tried the garage first - the noise and power were more than I expected. I only got the 18 bb capacity shells, but frankly for somewhere like outdoors in HRTA, they should be enough. I'd imagine one of the higher capacity ones would piss off someone on the receiving end at those relatively close ranges.

When you fire one, theres a very impressive bang, and the power and range of the bb's is excellent. They seem to spread out in a nice wide arc, but I really need to try them outdoors to get a proper idea, and the back garden is out of bounds for these things - I don't want to scare the bejesus out of the neighbours.

I'm not 100% sure how effective they'll be tactically...First off, its quite a chore to load the shell's with bb's, and loading the gas isn't easy either - the nozzle on the gas I have isnt a perfect fit so it takes a few attempts. I have a propane adaptor which looks like it fits a little bit better, so I'll be getting a can of propane this weekend to try that.

It's also a bit awkward to load the launcher, because the gun is pretty heavy and it takes a few seconds to open, insert the shell, close, and fire. But I'd imagine they'll be a bit of craic if I use them to clear out the bushes near the tanker - there'll be no bugger sneaking up and bang-killing me the next time !

To be honest, I wont be disappointed if they have limited use - I really only got the gun because I wanted an M15, and was going to buy one new. I just happened to see this one on ASI before I ordered a new one, and it looked nice and menacing with the M203 attached, so I bought that instead, and I'm very, very happy with it.

Class :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

Is there anyone going to hrta this weekend? would like to have a look at some of you guns espacially anyone who has a armalite

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement