Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, ill be there as usual

i've no armalites,should have an m4 in a few weeks though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone going on the 16th?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Migt make a return visit my self... :)

Anyone going on the 16th?

if it's a saturday, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Dammit! It's my mums birthday on saturday which means i have to visit my Grandmother... which of course means no HRTA...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We three (2 intermediates and 1 newbie) shall see you there rthen KD;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    if it's a saturday, yes

You feckin' addict!

o1s1n wrote:
    You feckin' addict!

jealous? :D

feck it, im finished college now, so im celebrating my freedom by going out and shooting people (or getting shot at) on a regular basis, besides im going interrailing in July, so wont be airsoft'ing for over a month then, unless I find a site in eastern europe somewhere :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

are any of ye gonna be meeting up at the spire or ye going to be making yur own way there.(think i read earlier on in this thread that some of you guys meet up at the spire)

generally some people meet up at the spire at around 9 i think, but it depends on how many are getting the bus from town.... i drive myself, so wont be at the spire, but if anyone else is im sure they'll post and let you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

are any of ye gonna be meeting up at the spire or ye going to be making yur own way there.(think i read earlier on in this thread that some of you guys meet up at the spire)

I made a post specifically for new players meeting up in the city centre. Link is in my sig.

So even if you are on your own, you should still be able to find the place. It's quite easy to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Shiva wrote:
    Well....how can I put this politely ?
    Its the Dogs Knackers :D

We've a long extended garage at the side of our house, so I've only fired it in there. I was going to pop one off ( a shell, you filthy minded bugger ) out in the back garden, 'cos thats quite long too, but I'm glad I tried the garage first - the noise and power were more than I expected. I only got the 18 bb capacity shells, but frankly for somewhere like outdoors in HRTA, they should be enough. I'd imagine one of the higher capacity ones would piss off someone on the receiving end at those relatively close ranges.

When you fire one, theres a very impressive bang, and the power and range of the bb's is excellent. They seem to spread out in a nice wide arc, but I really need to try them outdoors to get a proper idea, and the back garden is out of bounds for these things - I don't want to scare the bejesus out of the neighbours.

I'm not 100% sure how effective they'll be tactically...First off, its quite a chore to load the shell's with bb's, and loading the gas isn't easy either - the nozzle on the gas I have isnt a perfect fit so it takes a few attempts. I have a propane adaptor which looks like it fits a little bit better, so I'll be getting a can of propane this weekend to try that.

It's also a bit awkward to load the launcher, because the gun is pretty heavy and it takes a few seconds to open, insert the shell, close, and fire. But I'd imagine they'll be a bit of craic if I use them to clear out the bushes near the tanker - there'll be no bugger sneaking up and bang-killing me the next time !

To be honest, I wont be disappointed if they have limited use - I really only got the gun because I wanted an M15, and was going to buy one new. I just happened to see this one on ASI before I ordered a new one, and it looked nice and menacing with the M203 attached, so I bought that instead, and I'm very, very happy with it.

I need to get off my arse and get mine ordered. no real excuse not too considering the rate at which i purchased what i have already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Hopefully I will have enough money to get one for my sr16 and get a 180rd shell :D:D

im thinking of ordering one soon but i'll want 2 70 odd round shells not 180. it'll take forever to load a 180 and i cant imagine the effect to be any better?

SCRAP THAT, This is what i want.
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=22773

SCRAP THAT TOO, THIS is what i want.
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/NewsDetail?newsID=774

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Nice but expensive:D

well the bottle launcher could be made very cheaply but the other one is class. almost worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

bad news :( i can't make it to bfsl till next week so i won't be at hrta this week end

what you needing to pick up at bfsl, if it's paid for already (or you sort out payment with derek) i can pick it up for you and bring to hrta, i only live down the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i need a charger (still i never got one with the gun so i only charged the battery twice and it's completely empty!) so i could go but not without a battery thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

whupass wrote:
    i need a charger (still i never got one with the gun so i only charged the battery twice and it's completely empty!) so i could go but not without a battery thanks though

I have a large type 8.4v batter you could borrow.

Or I can bring my super fast charger with me to HRTA. 20 mins and your battery will be charged to 80% of capacity.

• Advertisement

also have the super duper style charger and tend to bring it with me, i've a mini 8.4v spare too if you need a small one

There's a game on in hrta tonight from 6.30, few lads coming down from drogheda to play, anyone interested in going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kdouglas wrote:
    There's a game on in hrta tonight from 6.30, few lads coming down from drogheda to play, anyone interested in going?

Are they a group booking ?
    I mean some kind of club outing...or just a few guys want to give Airsoft a try ?

group booking i think, but was just talking to paul and extra bodies are welcome
    there's about 6 of them i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I'd never make 6:30, but I'll try be there for 7:30 or so....I presume they'll be playing until at least 9.

yea, until 9 i think, havent decided yet, but if there's a few going from here, then ill go, provided i can think of how to get to swords at that time of day from the opposite side of the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

kdouglas wrote:
    how to get to swords from the opposite side of the city

kdouglas, you Dublin South?

I'm gonna try and get myself over to HRTA sometime this weekend (hey, they be opened on Bank Holiday Monday?), am Dub South as well so ye are welcome to hitch a ride.

And of course I've not got any of my firing + clothing + tactical gear delivered yet, so it'll be me naked self (well, dark jeans/t-shirt at least :D ) with hire equipment I'm afraid.

Ah - I'll also be bringing the Centimeter that's FS, for anyone interested.

Re. last night - bummer, I'd have gone if I'd clocked the thread earlier :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Should be there tomorrow. Hoping to bring 3 rentals with me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

whupass wrote:
    Never mind that if your over in Prague they let you do the real thing (minus the skirmish abviously),

http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=1075

You can book them through hostelworld.com as well.

Most EAstern European countrys have something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Opps, ment to reply to this one.
    kdouglas wrote:
    jealous? :D

feck it, im finished college now, so im celebrating my freedom by going out and shooting people (or getting shot at) on a regular basis, besides im going interrailing in July, so wont be airsoft'ing for over a month then, unless I find a site in eastern europe somewhere :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement