Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EyesOnly wrote:
    wouldn't know where the closest shop was anyway,does it have hot food on a Sunday? .. could always cook Sunday dinner and bring it down in the engine bay :P
    Lol, no table there, sunday dinner tasting of petro on the bonnet of you car! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

~Goes to town and buys a picnic set~ lol
    looks like a packed lunch then or just bring aload of junk food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

closest shop is the petrol station down the road which does hot food on a saturday but not sure about sunday, of course down in swords village you've got eddie rockets, subway, mcdonalds and a few other places...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Anybody going to be there today mid-morning to mid-afternoon? :confused:

Is it worth turning up just for the range at say 12-12:30-ish? (gotta be at airport by 15:45 or so to pick family up)

... Am I posting this too late? :rolleyes:

Still not fired my DBoys M4, f***ing weather :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I shall be there in the morning with one other for definate and maybe another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gandalf wrote:
    I shall be there in the morning with one other for definate and maybe another.

Shooty Shooty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Today was a special day at HRTA.

All outdoor games, no CQB.
    KDouglas didn't need to take out his tool kit for once. Nothing broke today. Woohoo.
    We got to play in the back field where the horses normally are.
    We got very very wet.
    And we played the longest ever individual game....about 90-120 mins long with the attackers finally winning.
    Na Taibhse (The Ghosts) got a new caterer...eh medic, eh I mean team member.

A good day despite the weather, with two very good sides playing against each other. A real challenge.

Ok, good day, not brilliant due to batteries, tractors, KD AND CO SLEEPING IN!(Then coming pelting down the lane with paddy(???) out the sunroof with an m4 and box mag!), lack of CA Aug and Bad weather.

Anyway, now know who KD, Crazyrabbit(had seen but didnt know it was him), 16asssault and the others i dont know their usernames. As i'm now on holidays should be back more often and with my aug and not a bloody tm P90:eek:

Ok, good day, not brilliant due to batteries, tractors, KD AND CO SLEEPING IN!(Then coming pelting down the lane with paddy(???) out the sunroof with an m4 and box mag!), lack of CA Aug and Bad weather.
    I would have been on time, but had to pick up our right honourable leader on my way over.... so you can blame him, but at least we brought a fun new toy with us and entertained you with our entrance :D

(btw, that was johnny, not paddy?!?)

Anyway, now know who KD, Crazyrabbit(had seen but didnt know it was him), 16asssault and the others i dont know their usernames. As i'm now on holidays should be back more often and with my aug and not a bloody tm P90:eek:

If you don't like the p90, then your obviously not using it right :p

Today was a special day at HRTA.

All outdoor games, no CQB.
    KDouglas didn't need to take out his tool kit for once. Nothing broke today. Woohoo.
    a rare occurence indeed!
    We got to play in the back field where the horses normally are.
    We got very very wet.
    And we played the longest ever individual game....about 90-120 mins long with the attackers finally winning.
    Na Taibhse (The Ghosts) got a new caterer...eh medic, eh I mean team member.

A good day despite the weather, with two very good sides playing against each other. A real challenge.

Actually i think you can also count that as the first ghost's training session, considering it was ghosts vs everyone else all day long! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ok, good day, not brilliant due to batteries, tractors, KD AND CO SLEEPING IN!(Then coming pelting down the lane with paddy(???) out the sunroof with an m4 and box mag!),
    rofl would have loved to have seen that :D

ah sure we'll do it again next time your up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

id like that :rolleyes:

Yep have another for tomorrow. 2 of us will need rentals, I assume its ok to turn up, that sundays aren't that busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

is anyone going tomorrow might get of my lazy ass and consider going in. (still waiting on my own AEG :( ). should i ring up the hrta guy as i will need a rental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

gandalf wrote:
    Yep have another for tomorrow. 2 of us will need rentals, I assume its ok to turn up, that sundays aren't that busy?

Nah Gandalf you have to book rental guns.

feck it I assume its too late for that now !!

you'll need to ring paul and let him know so that he has batteries charged for them

Edit: just txt paul on his mobile (its on the website i think), not too late for him to stick a couple of batteries on charge, i think he had a couple on charge earlier this evening anyway

No, the p90 is ok but stock hasnt got a high rog like it should. Also, mags kept slipping and i had to rewind em(takes ages without allen key!). I'm just used to a big longer range gun=AugA1:D Would have been able to nail crazy when he stood up with that new toy of his and your sneaky little head to the far right. :p

hehehe... you were very close to getting me, but all i had to do was keep my head down and i was grand, you did manage to get one or two lucky shots on me though...

• Advertisement

I sent that text earlier hopefully I got him with enough time.

where setting off in an hour so we'll see who every is coming up in 3 hours or so:p

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

was meant to go yesterday but got called into work cause of the stoopid rain, goin mad now. looks like i missed a good day

Went for a half day this this morning with Lemming and another mate of mine and it was fun. Met Eyesonly and 4 others (sorry lads forgotten yer names already) and Paul was an absolute gent.

In pain now not used to moving around like that and the fact that I decided to fall into a hidden hole but can't wait to go again. Discovered the MP40 is not a great general skirmish weapon as it rips throught the 50 round mag too quickly, it does look excellent and will be a great Mil Sim weap. Am ordering a CYMA AK74 for a general skirmish AEG. The KJW Sig P226 performed fairly well but didn't get a lot of use as we were outdoors in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

50 rounds? I take it you're using a mid cap magazine. If you don't like using mid caps try a high cap.

Something like this

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/accessory.pl?accessory_id=1646

(That's for the TOP mp40 mind, I'm not sure if the magazines are compatible with yours)

Don't think they are, the gun fires great although there were a couple of dual bb's being ejected. One of the other lads who was there today is going to buy one, then again he was using an AK74 and I have just ordered one of those LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Myself and Andy from Na Taibhse turned up today to help boost the number of players which was a bit low this morning. Not exactly a breathtaking turnout. But the games we played were great fun.

Funniest part of the day had to be when that guy showed up with his 5 year old son. Crazy kid spent 30 mins trying to find ways to hurt his dad.

He chased his dad with the remains of a hand saw, poked him with sticks, and asked us about 20 times if he could shoot his dad with an AEG! What made it particularly funny was that he only wanted to "shoot him in the nuts"...his words, not mine!

O1s1n, don't panic!. We did not let him fire an aeg at his dad...as much as he tried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

All these posts are making me sad:(
    Havent been to HRTA in 4 weeks and wont make it for another 2 weeks at least.
    The only plus is my flecktarn loadout may be complete by then:)
    and the drum mag(now a box mag)project sholud be ready:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

Myself and Andy from Na Taibhse turned up today to help boost the number of players which was a bit low this morning. Not exactly a breathtaking turnout. But the games we played were great fun.

Funniest part of the day had to be when that guy showed up with his 5 year old son. Crazy kid spent 30 mins trying to find ways to hurt his dad.

He chased his dad with the remains of a hand saw, poked him with sticks, and asked us about 20 times if he could shoot his dad with an AEG! What made it particularly funny was that he only wanted to "shoot him in the nuts"...his words, not mine!

O1s1n, don't panic!. We did not let him fire an aeg at his dad...as much as he tried.

Priceless:D

• Advertisement

Yeah great day mostly outdoors, Thanks to Crazy and andy for coming at short notice :D, Hope he gets his g36k? working :/.

The little kid just made the day tho lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement