Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

got a txt this morning about heading out for extra numbers, already had plans for the day though, would have loved to go out, sorry lads...

Sounds like you all had fun and are now addicted to airsoft :D , hopefully sunday numbers will pick up soon, and if not, just go on a saturday, small numbers can be good craic, but larger games are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well the 3 of us who went this morning were newbies and one didn't even know what airsoft was. The mornings airsoft ended at 1.30 with him asking if his wife would let him get a rifle LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:
    got a txt this morning about heading out for extra numbers, already had plans for the day though, would have loved to go out, sorry lads...

Sounds like you all had fun and are now addicted to airsoft :D , hopefully sunday numbers will pick up soon, and if not, just go on a saturday, small numbers can be good craic, but larger games are great

While everyone had fun, I'm #1 on many of their hitlist's after today though. I managed (accidentely) to shoot several people in the head, neck or fingers...especially during the sniper hunt game. Truly not intentional. I'd say it was a rather painful 1st experience at HRTA for some :eek: Sorry everyone!

I got that txt as well....oddly enough, the sender didn't show up himself... :p

P.S. I wish I had gotten a pic of the that kid trying to hold my G3 SG1. It was a LOT bigger than he was!

TBH I got tagged in the head today and it wasn't bad and I knew it wasn't on purpose. The most painful hit was on my arm indoors where I got 3 hits in close proximity to each other including one on the elbow.

Looking forward to my next trip there, with more gear hopefully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

i would come on Saturdays but my nephew works on said day :/ so its only Sundays we can go unless where off to Pred, in which case he takes the day off :/. Wasn't me that hit you in the head was it Gandalf? from under the tanker?, if it was sry :| (trys not to get on the Wrong side of a Mod, or mods, ~waves to Lemming :p)

Oh btw Gandalf you might be interested in this http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=112413 a CYMA Thompson for £45 at rsov

• Advertisement

Naw it wasn't but you did get me from there. I was hit in the head when we were defending the tanker. I think it was your brother (is that right!) he was sneaking up the side I jumped out just as he was getting up and we both tagged each other lol :D

Great craic and will definately will be back soon......with more kit ordered yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

EyesOnly wrote:
    Wasn't me that hit you in the head was it Gandalf? from under the tanker?, if it was sry :| (trys not to get on the Wrong side of a Mod, or mods, ~waves to Lemming :p)

I'll be waving back from behind an M60 one of these days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Alright gang, who's on for this Saturday? Try and get a good group goin! I haven't been in ages :D

Here's the thread on IAA.........
    http://www.irishairsoftassociation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i'm off this weekend so i will be there as long as i don't decide to go to foxtrot58 instead which i'd like to be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I should be there too....been too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Gonna try meself but i wont know for a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Same here, i wont know untill my M4 arrives

Won't be able to make this weekend. Have to do clear up work here and the new kit won't be delivered until the end of next week at the earliest.

Have fun all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

been a good day today my AEG arrived and i got a new job offer :) so i will def be at hrta at some point this weekend

Wont be able to make it this weekend either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Me either, the M4 is only being shipped tomorro:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Pity so many of you won't be going this Saturday :( I'll be there with some of my team.

Ya realy was looking forward to going :( ahwell should be able to attend next saturday if all goes well, Out of curiosity how many players do ye have now Fiach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Still 6 at the moment, a friend of a friend is coming with us on Saturday. If he likes it and decides to get into it I'm sure he'll be joining our team. Another couple of friends have shown interest but haven't been able to make it out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Can't Saturday, but 'am allowed' (:rolleyes:) this Sunday (24/06) - so which is best, Sunday AM or PM?

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote:
    Can't Saturday, but 'am allowed' (:rolleyes:) this Sunday (24/06) - so which is best, Sunday AM or PM?

Both...just show up! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

going to try and make it saturday, but cannot garrentee it yet as i dont know if my car will be back from the garage by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

anyone going to be meeting up at the spire this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok so. Whats the storie with this HRTA place? Me and a friend might go up next weekend for a look. He has no guns I only have me bell m92, I assume we can rent guns, masks, bbs?? What kind of prices are they? Would I need to bring gas or would that be supplied too?

Can we just show up and start playing or does a game start at a particular time? Do I need to book into a game? Probably go up on a saturday.

god damn it, this is the 4th time i've typed this post because my bloody pc just doesnt want to co-operate today so basically in bullet points:

www.hrta.ie has most the info you need

rental guns have battery charged and mag full of approx 300bbs

youll need gas for your pistol if you want to use it, none available to buy on-site but rental guns are all electric

extra bbs are 18euro for 5000

rental for the day is 45euro for gun/mag of bbs/mask

youll need to ring ahead to let paul know you want a rental

registration 10.30, games start at 11.00 (in theory)

It's only €25 if you have your own AEG.
    The €45 gets you an AEG, a mag of bb's, a full face mask & a helmet if you want one.

People show up at the strangest times and just start playing. You can pay for a half day or a full day, or work out something in between with Paul. It's quite flexible.

People are normally there from 10:30am up until about 6pm.

If you are bringing a rental, make sure you give Paul a ring to make sure he has an AEG to rent (but 99% of the time he does). Worst comes to worst, I can rent out my AK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Think I shpuld be abole to get there for the full day but the fekkin rain is nuts!
    Hope it clear up as I was looking forward to lurking in a hedge for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lovely cheers

I'd have to be leaving here at 7am to be there at 10:30 :eek: No drinkin Friday night. :(

We'll all have to rent aeg's but that's ok. I'll give yerman a buzz sometime during the week once I confirm who's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

could be worse, i promiced to work tonight and i wont finish till 6am (all going well that is)
    all (0r almost all) of Na Taibhse will b there early as we have things to sort out as well as playing.
    Cant remember whos involed exactly but does anyone know if team Wolf will be in attendence? we wanna meet and discuss something.

• Advertisement

from what i remember, wolf come down every couple of sunday's, dont think they've been down in a few weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement