Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

with a bit of luck they'll come along. or at least one or two of them, will PM you why.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I want to head down but the weather is just crap, i fininsh work at about 8 ( outdoor work in pissing rain) then head down getting wetter, (i travell by fast bike transport) and arrive very wet with hangover, then play in wet grass all day!

i should probly leave it til sunday, or next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Summary for the day.

1 hour sunshine
    Rain
    More rain.
    5 mins of sunshine
    Yet more rain.
    3 inches of muck
    Guess what?..More rain.
    Little bit of flooding
    And even more rain.

And during all that, for some bizarre reason, (almost) every game was played outdoors.

---mental note to self....don't forget to bring poncho if it's raining next week.---

<---runs off to waterproof his camo clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Outdoor games are more fun, I think.

Anyway...I missed HRTA today, so if Barrage isnt happening tomorrow, are there many going to HRTA ?

I gotta get me some Airsoftin' this weekend...HRTA or Barrage..I dont care which !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

er... i thought barrage was july 1st???

not sure about hrta tomorrow yet myself, but i hear there's a good crowd gonna be there, most of na taibhse i think and a group of newbies from kilkenny

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote:
    er... i thought barrage was july 1st???

not sure about hrta tomorrow yet myself, but i hear there's a good crowd gonna be there, most of na taibhse i think and a group of newbies from kilkenny

HA !!

Yeah...it is July 1st.

Shut up :)

HRTA tomorrow it is, so !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Been up there today for a half-day game, was there at about 10:50-ish. But apparently far too early, though (had to leave by, and left, at about 1-ish).

Only Shiva and another guy had turned up by the time I left. Pity :( (but nice guys all-round, so worth it in that respect at least, and can't wait to go back for some actual action now).

And the trip wasn't wasted at all - I was able to chrony the Dboys, which is legal (updated review thread)... by a few fps :eek:

ambro25 wrote:
    Been up there today for a half-day game, was there at about 10:50-ish. But apparently far too early, though (had to leave by, and left, at about 1-ish).

Only Shiva and another guy had turned up by the time I left. Pity :( (but nice guys all-round, so worth it in that respect at least, and can't wait to go back for some actual action now).

And the trip wasn't wasted at all - I was able to chrony the Dboys, which is legal (updated review thread)... by a few fps :eek:

Sorry to hear that so few turned up. You can blame the horrendous weather we've been having. If I'd known the turnout was going to so low, I would have droped by to help boost the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

do not ever have anything to do on weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Ok, I'm organising a group from work to go maybe the weekend after next. Any advice for making sure every1 gets a gun and all that. I assume I will have to ring ahead as 20 or so ppl showing up might leave hrta a bit stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'd suggest putting a call into Paul first thing tomorrow to see firstly if he can accomodate that number and secondally if he can to ensure he has the guns booked for you. Let us know which day you're going might turn up to see what its like with a big crowd :)

Spitfire, Nigel and another four rentals showed up about an hour after Ambro left, and we had a few good games.

Nigel led us a merry chase in hunt the sniper at one stage.

Crave wrote:
    Ok, I'm organising a group from work to go maybe the weekend after next. Any advice for making sure every1 gets a gun and all that. I assume I will have to ring ahead as 20 or so ppl showing up might leave hrta a bit stuck.

with that amount of people you could easily book a private session, possibly even on a weekday if paul is free??

failing that just ring paul and have a chat, as was suggested:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Crave wrote:

yet another small corner in airsoft is passed...this is really good news. dont know what u said crave but bravo!!!

I'll ring him this afternoon so then. Thanks guys, I'll let ye know whats happening!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I shall defo be in attendence this weekend , been ages since I was last there.
    The bulk of my Flecktarn stuff has arrived so I'm looking to try that out

yet another small corner in airsoft is passed...this is really good news. dont know what u said crave but bravo!!!

Not sure if you mean that getting a group from work to a game is turning a small corner. Not the first time it's happened at HRTA. An insurance company had a evening shoot at HRTA not long ago. A few of us turned up to play with/against them :)

...but...bringing in a large group of new airsofters is worthy of a 'Bravo'.

So here ya go crave:

:cool: B R A V O ! ! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I should be there but my M4 still is'nt in ireland apperantly.... if i don't get it by saturday then ill have to give it a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Ill DEFO be there Sat this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Harekin wrote:
    Ill DEFO be there Sat this time.
    believe it when i shoot .... i mean see you.;)

• Advertisement

I would have a bigger group going only that paul only has 8 rentals :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I cant believe this was allowed to leave the first page!

So, Whos gonna be there tomorrow? SAT 30th?

was just thinking that myself, haven't seen this thread appear in a while, it's pretty much taken for granted now there will be someone there when you show up...

ill be there myself anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Robster wrote:
    I cant believe this was allowed to leave the first page!

So, Whos gonna be there tomorrow? SAT 30th?

Didn't even notice it slide of.

Crazyrabbit! You should be bumping it at least once a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

I know i say this every week :rolleyes: but it looks like ill have to wait till next saturday atleast before im up again. Hopefully ill have my mp7 holster and pistol holsters sorted by then

o1s1n wrote:
    Didn't even notice it slide of.

Crazyrabbit! You should be bumping it at least once a week!

Can't a guy have a vacation at least once every 6 months!!!!

P.S. For the first time since HRTA opened, I don't think I'll make it this week. I was looking forward to trying out the stuff the team learned in the training on Wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I cant make it today again due to work, but il be dropping in just to pick up bb,s :mad:, im gonna be goin mad with jelousy........although the bbs i need are for barrage tomorrow! :D

Can't a guy have a vacation at least once every 6 months!!!!

P.S. For the first time since HRTA opened, I don't think I'll make it this week. I was looking forward to trying out the stuff the team learned in the training on Wednesday :(

*gasp* ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I'll drop by HRTA after discharging my family duties at the airport on Sunday (1st), so probably at around 3-ish.

Given that everybody and their dog are going to be @ Barrage that day, looks like Nonex & I will just have a good natter again... and not much action.

I need BBs anyways, so it'll probably cheer Nonex up to make a sale ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is Nonex not going to Barrage himself? I thought he would be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement