Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

OK crazy, this is def too late but just in case i'll say it anyway. I'm gonna be at the spire. If ur friends there we can go together. I be wearing army boots and carrying a rifle bag with two other bags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Crave - soz, went out since 17:00 last night 'til wee hours, didn't see your post 'til now.

If you manage to catch this before setting off for Spire, I'm setting off at 10:00 this morning, pm me your mobile and I'll pick you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Thanks for the offer, maybe next time.

I also wanna say that I had a great day today at H.R.T.A. Was expecting something different but was great all the same. Also wanna thank lighting and his mate for the lift into swords. Cheers!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

For the first time in weeks we had decent weather. Yay!

Good turnout. Lots of strange faces (and some of them were really strange :p )

Shame about the arguments...it got to the point where Paul had to warn everyone to play by the rules or everyone could just go home! It kind of ruined the day because everyone was on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

For the first time in weeks we had decent weather. Yay!

Good turnout. Lots of strange faces (and some of them were really strange :p )

Shame about the arguments...it got to the point where Paul had to warn everyone to play by the rules or everyone could just go home! It kind of ruined the day because everyone was on edge.

for those of us were not there...jeeze arguements...hate that...what started It?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I can just guess...

"I hit you"

"No you didn't..."

Hoping to get out next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote:
    I can just guess...

"I hit you"

"No you didn't..."

Hoping to get out next weekend.

sure does sound like it all got a bit schoolyardish out there...pity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

let's just say things got a bit messy for a game or two, paul reminded people about the rules and we had some good games after that, no more really needs to be said about it tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Next weekend... i'll defenitly go next weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ill hopefully be able to go meself, its a been a while :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Crave wrote:
    Thanks for the offer, maybe next time.

Sure thing, anytime (but won't be before August now :( ).
    Crave wrote:
    I also wanna say that I had a great day today at H.R.T.A.

Seconded and tripled. All-day long skirmishing, good turnout (20), and just the one short, sharp shower (to cool tempers down ;) ). This was great, great craic.

'Tis gonna feel like one very long wait for me now.

kdouglas wrote:
    let's just say things got a bit messy for a game or two, paul reminded people about the rules and we had some good games after that, no more really needs to be said about it tbh...

Agreed. No need to go into specifics.

Ill definitely be there next saturday anyway, it'll be my last skirmish for over a month as i'll be going away....

Now i just need to figure out a way to beat the withdrawl symptoms?!?!

kdouglas wrote:
    Ill definitely be there next saturday anyway, it'll be my last skirmish for over a month as i'll be going away....

Now i just need to figure out a way to beat the withdrawl symptoms?!?!

But...but...but what if we need to fix an AEG? If you're going away, we demand a phone number you can be contacted on 24/7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Just lock him into the toilet in HRTA when you're finished Saturday.
    We can let him out whenever we need something fixed.

But...but...but what if we need to fix an AEG? If you're going away, we demand a phone number you can be contacted on 24/7!

yea, sure no problem, contact 087-FixMyAEG :D

ill probably still drop by boards every few days anyway since most hostels seem to have internet access and ill be needing my fix...

kdouglas wrote:
    yea, sure no problem, contact 087-FixMyAEG :D

ill probably still drop by boards every few days anyway since most hostels seem to have internet access and ill be needing my fix...

I rang that number and got through to some erm...'massage parlour'...and they offered some non-standard services. When I asked for you, they said you were busy with a client. What exactly do you do for a living?

yea, I own that "massage parlour", had to deal with a client that was complaining, said his masseus didn't get the knots out of his shoulder the way he liked ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Once again this thread nearly leaves the first page only to be rescued by me:D
    Who's going this weekend then?
    Ill be there , with some new toys in tow!

Looks like Saturday is the day so I'll be there for a half day in the morning, with new toys in tow as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gandalf wrote:
    Looks like Saturday is the day so I'll be there for a half day in the morning, with new toys in tow as well :)

And I'll be there to get him whilst he tries to use his new toys. Maybe I can get him before he has a chance to try them out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll be up there on saturday! Getting giddey with excitment. Two of us heading up from Galway.
    kdouglas wrote:
    Are you not going to be going to any of the European Airsoft places? Although it might be a bit of a hit to the drinkin budget.

Is there going to be anyone there with either a Tompson or MP5SD6 that I could look at, I'm trying to decide which one to buy.

Lemming wrote:
    And I'll be there to get him whilst he tries to use his new toys. Maybe I can get him before he has a chance to try them out ;)

I'm deciding whether to bring the lovely new WA1911A with silencer or not......decisions decisions :)

ScumLord wrote:
    Are you not going to be going to any of the European Airsoft places? Although it might be a bit of a hit to the drinkin budget.

Pardon the shameless plug but .... Ground Zero '07 Trip in August ... go read ScumLord. Then say you're going ;)

ill be there this saturday anyway, no shiny new toys unfortunately, but come september ill be ordering a small armoury :D

ScumLord: aye, i fully intend to checkout some airsoft sites while im away

Lemming: starting to think your on commission for Ground Zero!

My traveling for this year is already all planed out, moneys tight this year so I have to stick to my plan. Amsterdam - Latvia - Finland maybe back to Slovakia for the Ireland game (even though I've little or no interest in seeing the match just going for the craic).

Anyway I'll need some practice at hrta before I go get riddled in a different country.

kdouglas wrote:
    Lemming: starting to think your on commission for Ground Zero!

Lol, nope - just wanting to drag people along with me to share in the mayhem. Would be better than going by my lonesome :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Is there going to be anyone there with either a Tompson or MP5SD6 that I could look at, I'm trying to decide which one to buy.
    Therl be many a Jg mp5sd6 up their for ya to paw ;)

Are you heading up this weekend yourself scope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Okay, this is a shout out to anyone that lives in the Louth/Dundalk area. I planned big time on heading down to HRTA this Sat, but my lift fell through and now me and none of my mates can head down. :(

Does anyone here live in around Dundalk? I live just 2 miles outside...

I got all my gear this week and then my plans were crushed by a lack of a lift :(.
    I really have to sell the bike and get a car!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement