Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

odonnell wrote:
    haha, oh how i wish that could be so mate... she'd never allow it.

Admittedly, skimming through the various threads and pictures, i found my tongue hanging out on more than one ocassion, but that was quickly cured when i realised you can get a nice healthy Barret .50cal for a meagre $2000. Or would like you a SAW with that sir? - that'll be another $1600 please....

Nah ive 'assured' her my initial outlay will be ranging in the e350 zone...

well i will be there, and you might be interested to hear (i said it somewhere before on these boards) but a chinese firms called A&K which has a fairly good rep, is about to release this month apparently an m249 all metal mg for around 300 dollars or so...i am going to be all over that like a cheap suit when it appears...once i read a review or 2 that it isnt a complete lemon obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

At this stage it will probably be September when I go again as I am moving to an apartment in 2 weeks so doing loads of packing and skip filling at the moment :) If by any chance I can get a day or half a day freed up I might be able to get there. I'll let you know then But tbh theres normally quite a few boards heads there on a Saturday so you won't be alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

cool, cool.... good luck with the move mate, i cant think of anything less fun!

ill wait until im a bit more familiar here before i turn up then, got a good bit of info to digest first.

incidentally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjHIt3lwKw

(thats what im into i reckon...)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont worry Odonnel, just stick your hand up and shout "I'M A NOOB" and somebody will give you a hand.:D

A friend and I may be going on sat as I want to try out my new UMP.(Aug is a pain in the ass for CQB with its length)

Anyone else? Its no fun with like 4 people:p

Oh, and a point to make: PROMPTNESS:mad: !
    Guys, if you want this sport to grow then you have to start turning up on time. The regulars know most will be late so they turn up at least a half an hour late themselves. We started so late las time at hrta with 4 of us waiting for like 40mins for anyone to turn up(Kudos to paul giving us each like 2000bbs compensation though it wasnt his fault). WE could get a lot more gametime in if we start ontime and dont waste ages turning the games around. This will all lead to rentals being more likely to fork out on an AEG.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dont worry Odonnel, just stick your hand up and shout "I'M A NOOB" and somebody will give you a hand.:D

A friend and I may be going on sat as I want to try out my new UMP.(Aug is a pain in the ass for CQB with its length)

Anyone else? Its no fun with like 4 people:p

Oh, and a point to make: PROMPTNESS:mad: !
    Guys, if you want this sport to grow then you have to start turning up on time. The regulars know most will be late so they turn up at least a half an hour late themselves. We started so late las time at hrta with 4 of us waiting for like 40mins for anyone to turn up(Kudos to paul giving us each like 2000bbs compensation though it wasnt his fault). WE could get a lot more gametime in if we start ontime and dont waste ages turning the games around. This will all lead to rentals being more likely to fork out on an AEG.

Rant over.

Hehe. Initially the opening time for HRTA was 9:30am, but nobody was showing up on time so it was moved to 10:30. Now we have the same situation where most people are not turning up until 11 - 11:30!

• Advertisement

Yeah, well that needs to change!

Oh, BTW anyone here going to Farenheight? forgot about it till yesterday so I'm not going but it looks bloody Awsome and I'll be up to whatevers on next year.

jeasus, we are oirish for gods sake...when ever has an irish person turned up on time for anything...LOL..im fed up turning up on time all week with people screaming at me, i dont need it in friggen airsoft as well...RELAX FFS!!!
    :p
    having said that i will be there from 10 to 10.30 as i can only do a half day...depends on traffic tho....

Anybody heading to Farenheight?

just lookin at the hrta site there.... am i correct in that its €25 (day) + €45 Gear Rental, + €20 BBs ? = €90

One expensive wee day out... be cheaper buying the gear heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

No its 45 for rental and entry and 18 for 5000 bb's.

• Advertisement

ah. :)

hey.... listen man, im Scottish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

My condolences.

:p

wooooah there ...ouch mate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

odonnell wrote:
    ah. :)

hey.... listen man, im Scottish.

/Queues up the Braveheart gags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Are we about to see our first cammo kilt at HRTA, then? :D

NB - also available in Army and Marine ACU variants.

damn i knew i shouldnt have mentioned that heh... kilts are alright unless youre crawling through undergrowth... can just imagine the equipment check

webbing! - check
    nordie! - check
    extra mags - check
    sporran! - check!

nope - no siree.... ill be opting for cs95s all the way if i can convince the wife to let me GET to the buying my own gear stage. Sure - you lads wouldnt mind some british camo around the place would ya? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

odonnell wrote:
    damn i knew i shouldnt have mentioned that heh... kilts are alright unless youre crawling through undergrowth... can just imagine the equipment check

webbing! - check
    nordie! - check
    extra mags - check
    sporran! - check!

nope - no siree.... ill be opting for cs95s all the way if i can convince the wife to let me GET to the buying my own gear stage. Sure - you lads wouldnt mind some british camo around the place would ya? :)

Half of them are wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Half of them are wearing it.

There aren't as many wearing it as you'd think. A lot seem to be going for American patterns.

I much prefer the British one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Commando Kilt just brings up the wrong mental images !!!!

images much better left alone!!

re: camo - British camo makes sense for effectiveness given its designed for dense woodland / countryside ... i dont have any idea what the Irish camo is like in this sense, but id presume theyd be more effecitve for this region of the world.

Now... in a makebelieve world, however, American combat gear does look more the biz.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I completely disagree :D

British woodland gear when done right looks much better than any American woodland.

I think the American's do desert gear well. (Kind of have to lately I suppose!). Although, I must prefer the old Gulf war stuff than all this new fancy digital pattern gear.

ive always loved the British gear....and on the ocassions when ive gotten to wear the full kit, i have to say - it isnt uncomfortable and its pretty light. Its also decent quality contrary to a lot of peoples beliefs.

Like you say....if you do it right.

Master of the Universe

Some of it's actually surprisingly expensive. I've been trying to get a British DPM hydration pack for the last few days on ebay but keep getting outbid. The buy it now ones are 30 sterling minimum.

The webbing is expensive too.

German Flecktarn seems to be much cheaper to get kitted out in. Including the webbing. Must be a lot of surplus floating around.

From what I've seen myself, they're the two most effective patterns in this climate.

I should be able to put in a half day this Saturday, most prob. afternoon.

thats cos the germans havent had to send troops anywhere in 60 years mate! :)

actually - could have a point there, the UK military is all over the shop right now so id presume demand for the kit will have gone through the roof in recent years hence the price hikes. Some of it IS a bit dear though.... have you ever gotten anything 'used' or as new from Flektarn? I was skimming through their UK stuff last night and theyve some decent prices - shirts, combats, jackets, etc. Handy enough when you grab a pair of boots and bungies into the deal too, to bulk out your delivery. Id be interested in hearing of the quality of goods?

Master of the Universe

I haven't bought anything from Flecktarn myself. But from what I've heard, they are a great site to deal with.

What I do myself is just stick to ebay. I'm a bit of a whore for trying to get good deals with last minute sniping. Can get lucky and save quite a bit of money.
    ambro25 wrote:
    I should be able to put in a half day this Saturday, most prob. afternoon.

Oh yeah, that HRTA place. :D I wonder how many things have actually been discussed on this thread. It seems to spiral off on a regular basis.

i might try to nip up sometime in the next couple of weeks. Dont want to go up in jeans and t shirt, cos i would feel kind of half hearted about it.

Lads - yas think itd be easy enough to get a lift back into Dub afterwards from someone normally? The Mrs. usually is off doing photo shoots and has the car.

Meh, can't do this Sat. after all that - but will definitely be there the Sat. after (11/08). And I might bring along my brother in-law as a 'semi-n00b' + rental if he's interested ('semi-n00b' = ex-UK Navy UDT. Tremble in your boots, ya mere mortals :D )

ambro25 wrote:
    Meh, can't do this Sat. after all that - but will definitely be there the Sat. after (11/08). And I might bring along my brother in-law as a 'semi-n00b' + rental if he's interested ('semi-n00b' = ex-UK Navy UDT. Tremble in your boots, ya mere mortals :D )

sweet jesus...no one will argue with him over a hit...dont want to wind up with piano wire around me neck LOL

• Advertisement

Udt???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement