Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

underwater demo team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Udt???

Underwater Demolition Team

in American-ese

A Navy SEAL

o1s1n wrote:
    I completely disagree :D

British woodland gear when done right looks much better than any American woodland.

I think the American's do desert gear well. (Kind of have to lately I suppose!). Although, I must prefer the old Gulf war stuff than all this new fancy digital pattern gear.

You wont being saying that when you are lying on the ground trying to look like sand while insurgents empty clip fulls of 7.72 at you.

Ah ... hobbys are great arent they? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Underwater Demolition Team

in American-ese

A Navy SEAL

Not quite, calm down lads. We're not talking SBS/SAS (and certainly not Seals either). UDT in UK Navy are the diver guys - from scuba to those funny-looking deepsea 'robosuits', their specialty being mines and other explosives (planting/arming/defusing/etc.). He'll tag along for swimming up the river and plant that Claymore of Paul's behind attacking snipers, where they usually congregate at the back of the tanker :D

ambro25 wrote:
    Not quite, calm down lads. We're not talking SBS/SAS (and certainly not Seals either). UDT in UK Navy are the diver guys - from scuba to those funny-looking deepsea 'robosuits', their specialty being mines and other explosives (planting/arming/defusing/etc.)

I know ... but the SEAL's came from the UDT battalions.

Still, it would have been funy to see people terrified they were going to get shanked when the "training took over" :D

• Advertisement

would be fun to see a match between CS and airsoft regulars (hobbyists) and ex forces... i think itd be quite an even match if the best airsoft/CS guys were playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

What time are we heading to HRTA this saturday?
    Does it open at 9:30 or 10:30?

I will head there for 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

wait, that doesn't work in real life??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

haha i never thought of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hrta starts at 10:30am:D
    Danny(P90) and I (UMP and Aug) will be there ontime if we dont get lost. Can the rest PLEASE do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

who here has a claymore mine?? and if you do any chance you could bring it..i would love to see what they are like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Ill volinteer for the "how do they feel?" test

but I wont be there saturday

who here has a claymore mine?? and if you do any chance you could bring it..i would love to see what they are like..
    Paul made one.

Anyone know if Paul's going to open shop on Monday (bank hols)? And would anyone in here go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

ambro25 wrote:
    Anyone know if Paul's going to open shop on Monday (bank hols)? And would anyone in here go?

I was actually going to be asking Paul if I could bring a group this Monday. A number of people want to give Airsoft a try but can't get any weekends off untill September.

It'd be ideal if he did - Have to drop off the bro-in-law's GF at airport on Monday, then him & I could both just push a few more miles beyond, to save waiting 'til Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Someone had one last week. I forget who, but it looked the absolute business. :D

it got deployed (dunno about if used though) during the snipers vs. everyone else game around the tanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

ambro25 wrote:
    It'd be ideal if he did - Have to drop off the bro-in-law's GF at airport on Monday, then him & I could both just push a few more miles beyond, to save waiting 'til Saturday :)

Well if Pauls willing to open the place we'll be there, at least 6 of us, maybe 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Oberleutnant

Unfortunately all the CS blokes would be trying to hide on small ledges above doors or hanging on very small branches.

Of course they'd also be running with the knifes out as its faster!:p

roll on Saturday! should be a few of us up there too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Of course they'd also be running with the knifes out as its faster!:p

To quote the legendary FPS Doug ...

Cameraman: Hey man, why are you going running with a knife?"
    FPS Doug: *shrug of disbelief* everyone runs faster with a knife!

BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote:
    Someone had one last week. I forget who, but it looked the absolute business. :D

it got deployed (dunno about if used though) during the snipers vs. everyone else game around the tanker

i am so tempted to buy one from rsov....its calling me...calling me i tell you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Anyone planing on heading down on sunday? note sure i can make it saterday, and i want to test out the p90, just put a system 1j full tune up kit into it

Skatedude wrote:
    Anyone planing on heading down on sunday? note sure i can make it saterday, and i want to test out the p90, just put a system 1j full tune up kit into it
    Did you up the motor and/or battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

hi guys , just a couple of quick questions if thats ok,
    i havent played at hrta before as i usually go to predator, but they are running operation fahrenheit this weekend so i am hoping to come over the the hrta instead as i cant spend a weekend up north, from looking at the website for hrta it talks about being an indoor site but many of the posts talk about outdoor games. Is the website out of date? are there outdoor games now aswell as indoor or am i missing something?

also could someone provide directions to the site from the M50 please?

hope to see you on Saturday.

Damien.

DIrections, ask crazyrabbit!

The main area is indoor but then there is a field at the back and another off to the left. Its good fun. I'll be there sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I may be there Sunday, if not it'll be the following Saturday. It'll be the first time I've skirmished in 5 months and probably be the last time for another 2 months so I expect a crowd!

ZygOte wrote:
    i havent played at hrta before as i usually go to predator, but they are running operation fahrenheit this weekend so i am hoping to come over the the hrta instead as i cant spend a weekend up north, from looking at the website for hrta it talks about being an indoor site but many of the posts talk about outdoor games. Is the website out of date? are there outdoor games now aswell as indoor or am i missing something?

Damien.

the way i do it IF you have GPS...goto swords..then press your petrol station and look for the ESSO one. that is on the R125. drive out that road until you come to a cream coloured low wall, not too sure how many KM's it is. thats hrta. this walled entrance is on the right side as you head out on the r125. i always drive by it by mistake.

crazy and kdouglas has a post up with pictures of the route..have a look thru the pages for that.

ZygOte wrote:

Damien.
    There is another thred active atm where i posted a jpg of its location on google earth as an attach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ZygOte wrote:

Damien.

Check the link in my sig. Directions are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

thanks muchly for the info guys! :) by the by does the hrta sell consumable such as gas? if not would anyone possibly have a spare can i buy from them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement