Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    Naw its ok already have the leather couches :)

Anyway once I'm in Mr. Shiva will be getting a request for one of his best M4 or M16's and if he is going to stock the shotties one of those as well.

Are you stockpiling for the apocalypse? Might want to get some canned foods too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

o1s1n wrote:
    Are you stockpiling for the apocalypse? Might want to get some canned foods too.

Naw I like the feel of the AEG's also have a few mates who are interested so with extra AEG's then they can come along and not have to worry about rentals. I had the MP5 PDW with me last time to test it out but had the AK74 for the skirmish one of the other lads there didn't have an AEG and Paul had no rentals available. I gave him the Galaxy to use for the day.

OK OK I am actually stockpiling for the Airsoft Apocalypse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Shotguns are good to invest in, what i've noticed is that they force you to take your time. A lot of ppl could do with going a little easier on the trigger. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Shotguns are good to invest in, what i've noticed is that they force you to take your time. A lot of ppl could do with going a little easier on the trigger. :)

panic fire...and a rattley pepper shaker high cap..never a good mix HAHAHAHA...its why i want to just once do a true milsim game with 30 bbs per mag...6 or 9 mags in your vest, 2 mags for your pistol...

wolf, you should do sniper, looks like you have the patience of Job for it dude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

think eventually ill opt for the sniper too....question is - how does one afford a sniper AEG!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I lost a troy silencer at HRTA today... perhaps at the river area, anyway if anyone seees it could they please let me know

odonnell wrote:
    think eventually ill opt for the sniper too....question is - how does one afford a sniper AEG!?

Go for a bolt action one like the HFC USR 11 I have (or a TM VSR11 which it's a clone of). Still haven't skirmished with it yet thou. September will be a bumper skirmish month for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Here's a video of the fun and games today. A bit of Practical Pistol, range shooting, vanity AEG firing and lunch time bull session :D

Featuring Fiach, Hetzer, Rochie, Gar and the Voice of Hetzer :p

th_HRTA06AUG07small2-1.jpg

Lower quality then last time but I had to drop it down to get a good amount with the 128 meg card :(

well by the look of it mate ill be right there with ya..... nothing is stopping me airsofting every single weekend as soon as my camo arrives and i place an order with shiva to kit me out.

m4 cqb fires same range as m4 long barrel yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Anyone got pics of HRTA?

• Advertisement

Just realised that i didn't get shot at all today...
    and if anyone finds a troy silencer somewhere at hrta(perhaps near or in the stream) could they please let me know

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Just realised that i didn't get shot at all today...
    and if anyone finds a troy silencer somewhere at hrta(perhaps near or in the stream) could they please let me know

noooo you didnt....youve been smiling to yourself all day waiting for a chance to say "i just realised...i didnt get shot at all today" - havent ya!! cmon...admit it.... heh :D

Some pics on my airsoft set on flickr here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

thanks a lot mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Shotguns are good to invest in, what i've noticed is that they force you to take your time. A lot of ppl could do with going a little easier on the trigger.
    too true, im glad i started off with a shoty ;)

Master of the Universe

Merged those two new HRTA threads with this one. No point having three threads about the same thing :p

odonnell wrote:
    noooo you didnt....youve been smiling to yourself all day waiting for a chance to say "i just realised...i didnt get shot at all today" - havent ya!! cmon...admit it.... heh :D
    I got bang killed once though... but yes, yes i did lose a silencer during a game

Mark_Sc wrote:
    I got bang killed once though... but yes, yes i did lose a silencer during a game

sure someone will hand it in if they find it mate.

Master of the Universe

People play so much on that piece of land now that lost parts have a high rate of turning up. I'd be very surprised if it didn't sooner or later.

someone found an aep mag(probably a DE or TM usp one) at hrta yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

So who is going this Saturday?
    Hmmmm?

im going to try for this sat.

Master of the Universe

odonnell wrote:
    im going to try for this sat.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I think I may be allowed out this weekend....I've been a very dutiful and attentive new daddy, so its payback time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

That mag may be mine, I'll check when I get home tonight:eek:

Shiva wrote:
    I think I may be allowed out this weekend....I've been a very dutiful and attentive new daddy, so its payback time :D

payback time? sounds like words of frustration to me man....youll be taking it out on all of us then yeh? :)

lads a question: hrta, full day shot yeh? 10.30 - 5.30 on saturday.... what do yous do for food and stuff? are there any facilities or is it bring your own etc. what should the noob know before he comes completely unprepared, cos when my stomach starts growling - theres no escape man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

There's a garage about 2 minutes down the road from HRTA, they have a deli counter and have some hot food. About half of the lads there head down to the garage at lunch time, everyone else brings their own stuff. Theres a clean toilet and drinking water available onsite. You might want to bring wet wipes or the like to wipe yourself off if you become dripping with sweat.

A change of clothes makes sense if you end up getting filthy or wet for the journey home.

and do most of yae stay the whole day yeh?

cheers for the info btw mate.... just so i know what to tell the mrs.

She'd prolly come collect me heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

odonnell wrote:
    She'd prolly come collect me heh

Jaysus...I want a wife like that one.

Just so you know mate, its become kind of a tradition...newbies usually bring lots of Mars bars and goodies for the regulars on their first trip to HRTA.

No, seriously...it has ! I swear !! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement