Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Kinda starting to aggree with Mids, though I only have Hi-caps....:confused: ..running in HRTA was Noisy when i needed to get in behind the defenders.

Anyone know where to buy Aug Midcaps? At a reasonable price!

Can i ask why u need mid caps if ur mags hold 80?
    Id love if the regular mags for my G36c came in 80s:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it would be nice to have the odd military sim round, but i dont know how many people actually have low cap mags,
    But intresting to play with a set amount of ammo, say 2 or 3 aeg mags and 2 pistol mags, tactics would definatly come into play more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

o1s1n wrote:
    actually, how was HRTA today? I woke up and it was lashing down out here. Didn't fancy walking from Swords village out to the site in that rain.

Damn annoying as I really want to use the range.

Im not far from bray and can give you a lift if you like.
    It would be easier if you could make it to me in Knocklyon and id take u from there. Just a suggestion for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Evolute wrote:
    Can i ask why u need mid caps if ur mags hold 80?

More ammo is always a good thing, as long as you don't have to wind the mag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    Im not far from bray and can give you a lift if you like.
    It would be easier if you could make it to me in Knocklyon and id take u from there. Just a suggestion for next week.

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. Next week I might have to meet some people at the spire so I'm not really sure what's happening.

Where's Knocklyon anyway? I've never heard of the place.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote:
    Where's Knocklyon anyway? I've never heard of the place.

If you get on the M50 its the exit after Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote:
    One of the more enjoyable things about HRTA is chatting to Paul as well, the man is a fountain of information and is extremely enthusiastic about Airsoft and other related topics.

He said he is in the process of preparing Isla Sorna aka HRTA2 which should be more land and better terrain so can't wait for that. I am sure Tony has chatted to Paul about helping quartermaster the newbies this new site will attract with "toys" :D

isla sorna...heck he should name it that!!!

how big is the site...??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Approx 20 acres............................I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

liamo333 wrote:
    Approx 20 acres............................I think.

So about the same as Predator then...and that's huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

20 acres?!?!

Okay, I'm going to move these posts over into the HRTA thread. As this deserves more elaboration! If anyone knows anything else, that is.

Edit; moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yeh, thats the only downside of low caps, sure theyre more realistic for me, but when you're up against others who have 200-300 round mags, it's kinda unfair.

I like a challenge though... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

lol got a 1000 round hi-cap for the AK :)

You stick to those low caps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Evolute wrote:

I have 50 round mid caps for my g36c, if thats what you mean, got them on airsoftworld or wolf armories. cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

gandalf wrote:
    lol got a 1000 round hi-cap for the AK :)

You stick to those low caps :D

Well don't come crying to us when one of your fingers falls off from all that winding :P

what most people dont realise in the film 'gone with the wind', the exact quote was like this

'frankly my dear, winding is a pain in the tits' but the producers didnt think anyone would understand it...since airsoft didnt exist..

other little known examples -- spot the movie..

'you cant bargain with it, you can reason with it and the winding will not stop ever, until you get mid caps'

'phased plasma rifle in the 40 kilowatt range, hey pal do i look like i own hicaps?'

'yo see what we have herrre, is a failure to wind'

did i wind 6 times or only 5, since this is the biggest hicap in the world and could bore you to death winding you gotta ask yerself, why didnt i buy a mid cap'

'make him an offer he cant refuse, offer him a mid cap'

one shot, one kill and no f***in winding in sight'

'just be careful of the sammies throwing hicaps and you will be fine'

'just bring pizza and beer'..huh? mid caps dude, mid caps'

'prepare to defend yourselves, with mid caps'

'hi caps dont surf!!!'

what we are dealing with here is a xenomorph with hicaps, its a bug hunt'

this is the m41a pulse rufle with over and under 40mm armour piercing tipped caseless...notice no hicaps...'

houston, we have a hicap'

may the midcap be with you'

you cant handle the MIDCAPS,

show me the MIDCAP!!!

"You talkin to me ? You talkin to me? You talkin to me? well i only see mid caps here....

shaken, not stirred, im fed up listening to hicaps

are you goona bark all day like a hicap or are you gonna bite?

he has hicaps...he is on double secret probation!!

And most recently, a Toga Party was held from which we received more than two dozen reports of acts of perversion so profound and disgusting, let me just say..hicap....

it is an army bred for a single purpose...to use hicaps...

okay more to follow as i remember...but my parting comment

for the love of all that is holy...get rid of hicaps....

Just a warning about midcaps- DO NOT LEAVE THE BB'S IN FOR TOO LONG! I DID AND NOW I HAVE 8 USLESS MIDCAPS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

makes sence, see if you can find some springs to fit, you can call them 'Liamo's Customs"

Nah, I think I know how too fix them. Will let you know in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I keep warning my bro about that with his Lo-cap. SAme goes for Pistol mags, or any springs really, including your AEG! Fire a shot on semi when done to release spring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Col Austin

i only had 3 midcap 140 rmd mags with me on sat and as long as i watched my fire i didn't have a problem. i prefer mid or low cap mags as you can just hose when you need to and know it wont stop till the mag is empty, as in two weeks ago with the 10 man charge for the tanker. i empties a full mag into them before i was taken out. if i was using a hicap mag i guarantee that when i started to fire it wouldnt have done anything. you always need to wind at the worst possible time.
    and for this weekend i should hopefully have another 5 midcap mags so ammo wont be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I carry 7 midcaps with me at the moment. By the end of most games I'm still on my first one, sometimes my second. Only in very long games do I use 3-4 and most of the time the mags aren't empty when I pull them as I reload when they get low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I shall be in attendance this weekend, probably with two others. Alas camo is still on route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

my back is knackered so ill not be out for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I should be in Saturday. Not sure re. full or half day yet, but man it's been too long! :(

Also, got pm'd earlier today on French airsoft forum I frequent - one of the guys there is heading over here for the week, he's looking to drop by along with his brother (lives local) and a few more guys to tag along (no relation to davowl - but we may yet get enough to make a French squad, LOL!). Told the guy to get in touch with Paul re. sorting out rentals.

ambro25 wrote:
    I should be in Saturday. Not sure re. full or half day yet, but man it's been too long! :(

Also, got pm'd earlier today on French airsoft forum I frequent - one of the guys there is heading over here for the week, he's looking to drop by along with his brother (lives local) and a few more guys to tag along (no relation to davowl - but we may yet get enough to make a French squad, LOL!). Told the guy to get in touch with Paul re. sorting out rentals.

oh jeasus, god help us all...a french invasion......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

'Guess Liamo will get his wish granted if it all pans out ;)

So who is going tomorrow?
    I for one will deffo be there.
    Got my new Colt M1911 to try out. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I wont be back skirmishing till
    Sept.1st:(
    Stupid weddings and such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    So who is going tomorrow?
    I for one will deffo be there.
    Got my new Colt M1911 to try out. :)

Nadir may be along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i'll try to get there in the morning for a while, want to try out the p90 since the full tune up kit went into it, and got a new hopup for my aug as i split the old rubber

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement