Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    Well i was hardly going to go pick you up.
    Guess u better make ur own way.

Ambro dese folks dont deserve a lift.
    My offer is now revoked.

Awwww ... you didnt have to put it like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I don't think he was after a lift, was he? Just trying to bait us Southeners.

Hey, Hivemind... you can stop digging, you're just about about to breach next to RSOV's bricks-&-mortars in HK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

i might be going with the bro if he feels brave enought to bring his car as its acting up :(. If i am going ill be bringing a few things to sell (2x black hk vest and a AGM M14 with 2 extra mags(Sorry for the pimping :p))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Can't go, work spilling over week-end :( :mad:

sorry, Dr_Pepper - let me know if you still need any input about how to get there.

Have a good'un, the lucky lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

heading from tallaght myself if anyone is heading by car ,pm me to sort something out thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Have a good one Ya'll, realy wish i was going :( ,My Aug is finaly firing straight and by god the range is immence and she still hasnt had a proper debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i have being in talks today to swop a t 34 tank for one of these,as bob said today you can drive this to work but not the tank,he has a point and it holds 18 body's,what do you think.

some info on it,
    Amphibious armoured 8x8 vehicle of Czechoslovak-Polish production. The Czechoslovaks produced the engines, transmission (both by Tatra) , undercart, the Polish the armour and weapons. In use since 1964 in Czech, Slovak, Polish, Hungarian and other armies.

Technical data:
    Weight: 12,8 tonnes
    Length: 7,44 m
    Width: 2,55 m
    Height: 2,71 m
    Undercart headroom: 0,46 m
    Crew: 2 (+16 passengers)
    Armour: 14 mm turret, 10 mm hull
    Armament: 14, 5 mm machine gun, 7.62 mm machine gun (PKT) i now someone thats looking for this,no name,s?
    Engine:
    Tatra T 928-14 V-8
    Diesel 180 hp
    Operational range 710 km
    Tank: 320 l
    Speed:
    94 km/h (road)
    Floating speed: 9 km/h

could make a great taxi for HRTA ,picking up people from swords
    where can i get one ,must ask shiva can he order one in for me:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

where can i get one ,must ask shiva can he order one in for me
    Im going wait till a Clone comes out first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Oh please let me drive it! It'd be great in a game. Are there any gun ports for passengers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I sooooo want to drive into the Local Driving Test Centre in that, walk in and tell them I'm ready for for car driving test.

I think it's a good trade (something you can use for something you can't), but I've no idea of the financial aspects of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

So theres no people from out near bray going in tomorrow then??? If there are my number is <snip> gimme a shout tomorrow and we can meet up somewere. oh and is there a microwave in H.R.T.A? i havent been there in a wil so i dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

well it could be driven around as publicity so why not. thats if its gonna be in ireland of course. not much point otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Evolute wrote:
    So theres no people from out near bray going in tomorrow then??? If there are my number is <snip> gimme a shout tomorrow and we can meet up somewere. oh and is there a microwave in H.R.T.A? i havent been there in a wil so i dont know

There is a microwave, a sauna, swimming pool and a massage parlour. Bring along your laundry as well and pop it into the washing machine while you play. :p

OK, that was the long answer.

Short answer: No microwave :D

Might not be a good idea to put your phone number on a public forum. You could end up with prank phone calls at 4am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

too late, i already took the number down, mwuhahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Might not be a good idea to put your phone number on a public forum. You could end up with prank phone calls at 4am.

I took his number down last night and he put it back up again :mad:

Stop the madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

nonex wrote:
    i have being in talks today to swop a t 34 tank for one of these,as bob said today you can drive this to work but not the tank,he has a point and it holds 18 body's,what do you think.
    Nice...all we need is a lake now...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Paul I assume this is the transport for Isla Sorna?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Great day, the games in the large field were great fun.

A great fun day out and certainly got the blood pumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Large field !!!

Oh I hope this happens next week !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Gatling wrote:
    could make a great taxi for HRTA ,picking up people from swords

I somehow doubt it would be road legal, but we can always hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I thought I replied to this but maybe not as I'm recked.

The open field play was excellent. 3 very class games in there today. The Roman advance was brilliant

Whats this about something planned for the 22th of September? Some night op?

That was FUN BIG TIME ,my first visit to HRTA great day had by all . at least there was a few newbies like myself ,everybody body was great ,i was jealous of the equipment that was in use,
    Roman advance was so cool ,except i was on the recieving end of it :D:D:D:D
    thankyou DR PEPPER for getting us out to HRTA ,:D :D

just a little advice from a first timer to HRTA

1-dont wear a black hoodie there bb magnets,get some kind of DPM

2-gloves important as every bit of cover has nettles or stingers.

3-buy a bag of ammo the mag you get with a rental wont last that long.

4-stay away from the tanker ,sneeky snipers like head shots:D.

5-get to know everybody,the guys are most friendly.

6-the enemy have biggger guns.

7-have fun.

8-come back for more fun next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

pretty nice sum-up alright !
    just would like to add :

- dont regroup at the tanker, some freak with a mp5k may jump out of the bushes and own u all

who, me ? :rolleyes:

yeah sneeky mp5 guy hiding in the bushes

have another one to add , waterproof boots, when u sink ankle deep in to mud at the river you will be glad you read this far,
    :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jayf1

thanks for the advice. so far i have never played airsoft but i'm looking forward to playing very soon well as soon as my first aeg gets here from eirsoft. have to say i had never even herd of airsoft untill i herd a show on fm104. and whoever it was that phoned them up and put an informed point of view across done you all proud. thats what got me interisted to start with.

Trust me its sound advice ,went for the first time today had so much fun,hopefuly il make next weekend too,plenty of first timers as well,dont be shy ,
    got intrested 10years ago while in Denmark couple of lads i worked with introduced me ,when i came back here nobody had heard of it ,and was notmuch info online at the time ,then 3 weeks ago i found Airsoft international in easons hooked again ever since:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jayf1

yeah i cant wait to get to go soon just want to have my own gun with me. dont know if its a good gun or not but it was the only aeg that eirsoft had left in stock at the time (ArmyR85A1). even if it aint a good one it will have paid for its self even if i only go along 3 times and dont need to rent. so ya will deffo see me there soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Dar wrote:
    I somehow doubt it would be road legal, but we can always hope :)

No it is road legal read the posts before the one you wish to quote:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement