Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I agree with EVOUTE on the above ,it is road legal:p :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably gonna need to get a heavy vehicles class licence. Also, public road = Insurnace = Pricey! especially for a 13 ton tank! If you do get it I CALL SHOTGUN! HA, got their first:D

"Children 14yrs and up are welcome. (Down load waiver, sign and bring with you) There are no exceptions"

Quote from hrta.ie

Is it not know 16?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

"Children 14yrs and up are welcome. (Down load waiver, sign and bring with you) There are no exceptions"

Quote from hrta.ie

Is it not know 16?

There where 2 14 year olds there with there father/guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

davvowl wrote:
    pretty nice sum-up alright !
    just would like to add :

- dont regroup at the tanker, some freak with a mp5k may jump out of the bushes and own u all

who, me ? :rolleyes:

Were you there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

i was the sneaky guy with the mp5k who ownd 4 guys in a row alrite
    (jeans and grey vest)
    later that day a nice dude let me borrow his SL9
    were you there ? :p

Yeah I was in marapat and had my hk416. Didnt remeber seeing a sl9.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

god damn it... im getting withdrawl symptoms here, it's been far too long since i've played a proper game, why wont this stupid foot of mine heal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

kdouglas wrote:
    why wont this stupid foot of mine heal!!

Just cut it off :)

Nah hed be walking funny if he did that. He needs to cut the both off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

as far as im aware the vehicle is classed as a works vehicle. which means it could be driven by anyone with a full licence.

If that IS the case, i know i'm insured to drive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

if i remember correctly, i think it was the week just before you received your 416
    maybe next week two 416's on the field :p who knows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

kdouglas wrote:
    god damn it... im getting withdrawl symptoms here, it's been far too long since i've played a proper game, why wont this stupid foot of mine heal!!

Get yourself a gillie suit and a bolt-action and play sniper for a few weeks :)

or strecher/wheelchair

jayf1 wrote:
    thanks for the advice. so far i have never played airsoft but i'm looking forward to playing very soon well as soon as my first aeg gets here from eirsoft. have to say i had never even herd of airsoft untill i herd a show on fm104. and whoever it was that phoned them up and put an informed point of view across done you all proud. thats what got me interisted to start with.

that would be me.
    And somebody else after they cut me off.

i'm bringing wellies with me next time to see how i get on then

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Markspi

What can ya say sound adivice lad, and if you aint addicted go to B.F.S.L
    Went on Saturady , with to lads lets just say thank god i didnt have my mortgage money on me LOL,
    Serious gear .
    But bring lots of cash, dont be dissapointed ,quality stuff.
    Derek is sound , good yapper so hope you have lots a time on your hand .
    Good look with blanch Derek I WILL BE BACK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

as far as im aware the vehicle is classed as a works vehicle. which means it could be driven by anyone with a full licence.

If that IS the case, i know i'm insured to drive it.

Paul mentioned that you only need a provisional licence!

Quote from hrta.ie

Is it not know 16?

I was a little confused about this also. The current age is 14, but the insurance companies want to increase this to 16. Hasn't happened yet, so 14/15 year olds can still play for the time being. I'm not sure why they don't have it set at the same age they do in the UK/NI, which is 12. Are Irish people more dangerous? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Also, public road = Insurnace = Pricey! especially for a 13 ton tank!

Oh god I'd pay good money to be somewhere like Quinn Insurance when that call went in for a quote LOL :p

Just to see the face on the phone muppet :D

"I'm sorry sir but that vehicle is not on our database"
    They wouldnt have a clue what it was.

• Advertisement

if you have a policy with quinn AND a full licence, you can drive anything at all as long as A) you don't own it and B) You have the licence which applies

In other words anyone with a full car licence can drive anybodies car/light van/jeep/work vehicle

and the best thing is it doesnt need to be insured by the owner at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

if you have a policy with quinn AND a full licence, you can drive anything at all as long as A) you don't own it and B) You have the licence which applies

If and only if your policy includes an open-drive clause, not all do!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JOHN MC

In other words anyone with a full car licence can drive anybodies car/light van/jeep/work vehicle

and the best thing is it doesnt need to be insured by the owner at all.
    well i havent a full licence with my police i can drive any car as long as i dont own it

Dar wrote:
    If and only if your policy includes an open-drive clause, not all do!

All basic policies with quinn include this though. thats what im talking about. i ment quinn direct, nobody else.

I have bog standard tpft on my car and a full licence. by virtue of having a full licence i can drive anything and be covered TP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Thinking back to last time I was there (HRTA), I think the CQB range should be redesigned a bit.

...not asking much, Paul, I know :o

If someone happens to find it i dropped a scope and an m1911 mag in the big field.

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    If someone happens to find it i dropped a scope and an m1911 mag in the big field.

OK, mags are commonly dropped out there, but how did you manage to lose a scope? And if a the scope fell off your AEG, wouldn't you kinda notice it? :p

BTW, does anyone have a metal detector? I think there are a few pistols & mags out in that field.

OK, mags are commonly dropped out there, but how did you manage to lose a scope? And if a the scope fell off your AEG, wouldn't you kinda notice it? :p

BTW, does anyone have a metal detector? I think there are a few pistols & mags out in that field.

I was using the scope then took it off and went on a few Lt. Spears style runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I went for my first airsoft session there on Sunday, good fun I must say. I guess I'll be getting a gun then...
    One of the lads had an AUG, but I didn't catch his name, it seemed like a nice build very sturdy, accurate, good rate of fire etc. basically kick ass.
    I didn't catch his name though, anyone know where I might pick up a good quality AUG? I don't mind buying an original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I had great fun on sunday, first time playing. I was waring a black hoodie :D and a black cap.
    It was cool, just need to get a gun now and become a regular :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement