Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

nadir wrote:
    I went for my first airsoft session there on Sunday, good fun I must say. I guess I'll be getting a gun then...
    One of the lads had an AUG, but I didn't catch his name, it seemed like a nice build very sturdy, accurate, good rate of fire etc. basically kick ass.
    I didn't catch his name though, anyone know where I might pick up a good quality AUG? I don't mind buying an original.

Shiva is getting in some of the green ones, Drop him a Pm. As for yer man's name, he's sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

nadir wrote:
    I went for my first airsoft session there on Sunday, good fun I must say. I guess I'll be getting a gun then...
    One of the lads had an AUG, but I didn't catch his name, it seemed like a nice build very sturdy, accurate, good rate of fire etc. basically kick ass.
    I didn't catch his name though, anyone know where I might pick up a good quality AUG? I don't mind buying an original.

tsk tsk, Trevor. Now all I am wondering is who the f*ck are you?

krazy_8s wrote:
    tsk tsk, Trevor. Now all I am wondering is who the f*ck are you?

Nah, if wasn't you mate, there was anotehr lad with an aug for half the day.

Boston wrote:
    Nah, if wasn't you mate, there was anotehr lad with an aug for half the day.

I'm a bit confused by that post, the lad with the Aug/p90/desert eagle on Sunday said his name was Trevor. Either that or he was getting fairly pissed at me for calling him the wrong name.

I went with 6 fellows on Sunday, and I'd like to know which one of them is nadir. John?

Nice sig btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Merging with HRTA thread.

• Advertisement

krazy_8s wrote:
    I'm a bit confused by that post, the lad with the Aug/p90/desert eagle on Sunday said his name was Trevor. Either that or he was getting fairly pissed at me for calling him the wrong name.

I went with 6 fellows on Sunday, and I'd like to know which one of them is nadir. John?

Nice sig btw.

Ah sorry, Nadir got the day mixed up, he was there on saturday. I brought him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nonex, any word on the new 20+ acre site? When it might be opening etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fetch

There was someone out on saturday taking pictures does anyone know if they were posted up anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Yep it was me there on sunday, dont remember been called the wrong name, but i was too busy inflicting pain to notice.
    My aug was a tm model, but shiva at eirsoft.ie does the classic army model, which is pretty much the same.
    And the rate of fire on mine can be improved further using a 9.6v battery, i've currently got a 8.4v in it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

yeah there was a few cameras and some video taken on saturday ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'll be along this Saturday and will have my camera with me for new action shots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Same here, minus the camera :D

After last week-end's work fiasco, I'm overdue a full day.

Uncharacteristically, I might need a lift :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fianna1916

Hey lad ive been down to HRTA once and loved it got my own guns and everything now!Just wondering if der will be a good turn out this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Fianna1916 wrote:
    Hey lad ive been down to HRTA once and loved it got my own guns and everything now!Just wondering if der will be a good turn out this weekend?

There always is a good turnout on saturdays. Not sure about Sundays though, as I don't go very often.

Only exception was the when the Salute show was on recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fetch

Fianna1916 wrote:

theres a good showing on Saturdays... I think there were 38 people at one stage last saturday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Fetch wrote:
    theres a good showing on Saturdays... I think there were 38 people at one stage last saturday...

Yeah and trying to command 18 people is a tough job!
    But hey.. the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fianna1916

There always is a good turnout on saturdays. Not sure about Sundays though, as I don't go very often.

Only exception was the when the Salute show was on recently.

Yes i went down that weekend and de place was deserted i somehow forgot salute was on that weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i might try and get down there this saturday morning...anyone else going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I should be there. Fall check your PM's.

i might try and get down there this saturday morning...anyone else going

Will be there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ill be there for a couple of hours in the morning

I'm going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll be there on saturday with Gandalf. I'll have the new radio & headset with me, so hopefully there'll be others with radios there too that I can try this baby out on.

And fingers crossed that the pig will also be making an appearance this weekend, although that is looking slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Lemming wrote:
    And fingers crossed that the pig will also be making an appearance this weekend, although that is looking slim.

I know we were talking about a Lady's Day...but no-one mentioned my ex-mother-in-law might be attending !!! Count me out that day.

Shiva wrote:
    I know we were talking about a Lady's Day...but no-one mentioned my ex-mother-in-law might be attending !!! Count me out that day.

Not that pig, only a pig of the best kind. The shooty kind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah you know Lemmings new sniper rifle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    Ah you know Lemmings new sniper rifle ;)

Actually, as a matter of interest, do those things actually have semi auto?

o1s1n wrote:
    Actually, as a matter of interest, do those things actually have semi auto?

I am evolving the sniper role. One shot one kill becomes many shots one guaruanteed fun kill ;)

M60, sniper scope, silencer. Ftw :p

All smart-arse remarks aside, no the '60 does not have a fire-selector (the original didn't either). Fire is dictated by your trigger finger, in similar fashion to the likes of the Steyr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I was wondering, is it possible to go to HRTA as a "spectator"? I've no equipment, limited interest in participating just yet, but wouldn't mind paying a visit to see what it's all about. Would you be able to see much during a game, without being directly involved?

• Advertisement

I was wondering, is it possible to go to HRTA as a "spectator"? I've no equipment, limited interest in participating just yet, but wouldn't mind paying a visit to see what it's all about. Would you be able to see much during a game, without being directly involved?

Dunno about legits of it - as in, I believe you should still have to sign off the site's disclaimer (in case you break a leg or whatnot while opbserving... not that you'll be observing for long of course: you'll dive straight in after 10 mins! :D).

That said, there's a few spots around the skirmish area that offer good and safe vantage, so can't see why not? :confused:

Advice: pm nonex and ask him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement