Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fianna1916

Well sounds like der will be a good turn out this weekend u can count me in!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well one of my work mates is going Sat afternoon with 4 others. Thats 5 newbies to shoot up :) (which I can do if they are on my team, gotta sort out my tking habit!).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Last time....ohh...tks...Lots of laughing and shouting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Oberleutnant

Huzzah!

finally i get to test my M14 out on living targets!!

i will be there with bells on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

The hawks will be there as always.
    Me, Dar, Blank and Boru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

im in for saturday , half day only:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

I'm going to try and be down on Saturday (Can't promise I'll be anyway sober though). Might be bring a n00b as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Hlaf-day as well for me :(

So turn up early, people!

I shall be there @ 10:30 sharp

If anyone wants a lift around Knocklyon/Ballyboen/Rathfarnham (like muted last week), meet can be arranged at SuperQuinn CP Knocklyon and I'll be setting off for HRTA at 10:00 (sharp). Have room for 2, pm me or post in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Went last Sunday for the first time.

Will be there this Saturday 10:30 till hopefully 3. With 3 of my mates so loads of extra cannon fother for ye crack shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Anyone going tomorrow?

• Advertisement

The Hawks would like to thank all those who played today.
    We had a great day with some very memorable moments.
    To those who played with us i hope you enjoyed working together to form a winning team :p, i think it is safe to say that a co-ordinated rush can work.

There were a lot of new people there today and i would like to welcome you all along to the sport. I am glad to see some new blood showing up. 36 people i believe was the max count so lets keep it up guys and continue turning up on Saturdays.

DrPepper

Yep brilliant day, in bits here at the moment.

Dr Pepper heres that team piccie I took of you guys, I think :)

1348482474_a8057fcde3.jpg

A few other shots are in the airsoft set here

Cheers gandalf! Great shots there.

Tis a pity that we will need to retake next week as we are 5 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GUNN

chalky wrote:
    Anyone going tomorrow?

Anybody heading down today ?

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    Cheers gandalf! Great shots there.

Tis a pity that we will need to retake next week as we are 5 now :)

Ta man...what 5 of you that will ruin the symmetry of the shot !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Good stuff Gandalf, looks like a great day was had. I'll be along next saturday hopefully with my new gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I was looking forward to going yesterday and had to cancel at the last minute :( I'll really be trying to make it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cheers for the fun yesterday folks. I'd never tried the other field (didn't even know we had it to use!) so it was interesting. Needs more cover, but even though it looks so open, it's not. The long grass is indeed long.

The new folk looked suitably hooked and are preparing to sign away their bank balances with enthusiasm. And of course there was Shiva turning up with a boot-load of brand-new shiny equipment for people.

My radio and mic got its first work-out and worked great up until a certain point where I could hear everything but not broadcast. But that's down to me not knowing the full ins & outs of the radio yet. Give it time :D

Alas the M60 did not make its appearance as I am still awaiting delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey, anyone know what the story is with the Chezch APC?

Paul is still considering it, I'd say its likely but he has to sort out a few bits and pieces before he can go ahead.

• Advertisement

God I love Bighugelabs.com :)

1350717732_5589b09136_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Lemming wrote:

The new folk looked suitably hooked and are preparing to sign away their bank balances with enthusiasm. And of course there was Shiva turning up with a boot-load of brand-new shiny equipment for people.
    Yeah second time down a HRTA. First time meeting/dealing with Shiva and my bank balance is in worse condition than I am!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Conkey wrote:
    Yeah second time down a HRTA. First time meeting/dealing with Shiva and my bank balance is in worse condition than I am!:eek:

Heh. Get used to it. I managed to anhiliate my credit card last last week ;)

But Shiva turning up was funny. There was a team waiting out at the tanker to defend and one of them came back wondering where everyone was because they were waiting for ages. Then they found out Shiva had turned up with a boot-load of kit. The response was "oh ... " :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

gandalf wrote:
    Yep brilliant day, in bits here at the moment.

Dr Pepper heres that team piccie I took of you guys, I think :)

A few other shots are in the airsoft set here

That an IR filter on the camera or just lots of photshop?

Nope a bit of post processing using dodge and burn oh and the len opened up right to f1.4 to get extreme dof as well.

Heres another from Bighugelabs (as you can see I am dossing as I clean the place up and do my washing lol!)

1349953561_1c4db00a9b_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

A big thanks to you all for one of my most enjoyable sessions at HRTA yet.

Special thanks go to the Hawks for the memorable fun of my last 2 games of the day (before the lunch break), defending the first firebase with spirit and most excellent teamplay.

(erm... yeah... and defending the second firebase oh-so-briefly with throwing empty mags at the attackers! :D )

It was also very good to meet some more of the posters in here face-to-face, I'll be looking fwd to making my next guest appearance (;) @ gandaf) week after next, with a working hopup this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lemming wrote:
    Heh. Get used to it. I managed to anhiliate my credit card last last week ;)

But Shiva turning up was funny. There was a team waiting out at the tanker to defend and one of them came back wondering where everyone was because they were waiting for ages. Then they found out Shiva had turned up with a boot-load of kit. The response was "oh ... " :D

Well it was boring out there, and at least I did get shot on the way back. But I cant say much, 4 of those guns ended up in my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gandalf, I think that picture is feicing excellent and more people need to see images like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Great fun last Saturday! Hopefully we can break the record next week! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The Google Maps Images of HTRA are pretty good. Imagine the craic if they were live :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement