Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What a great day at HRTA!! 54 there today some classics up in the top field, especially the moment the defenders last ditch defence was ruined when their base of pallets fell over :)

Piccies up soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

gandalf wrote:
    What a great day at HRTA!! 54 there today some classics up in the top field, especially the moment the defenders last ditch defence was ruined when their base of pallets fell over :)

Piccies up soon....

DBoys M4 = €120
    Bag of 5000 BBs = €18
    Walk-on Fee for the day = €25

The sight of your base falling over and your enemy unleashing the largest amount of bbs you've ever seen in flight at one time heading towards you = Priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

54 people??? Oh christ looks like I missed a classic *sulk*:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

54?! The last *big* game I was at up there, there was 25. Usual weekends were 6 in the morning.

Has it really been that long? :(

Heal knee...HEAL!!!

yea, the numbers were crazy today, nonex: we need that bigger site!!!!

it's getting to the stage now where we could have 2/3 games going at once with those kind of numbers

• Advertisement

keith I think he will have that sorted imminently ;)

gandalf: aye, already aware of that, but sssssh, lets say nowt for now :)

Shot of the day.

1387434071_c08e2a7b2a_b.jpg

I don't think Lemming liked it when he found out I had a bounty on the first bang kill against him with the M60. Liamo collected the reward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gandalf wrote:
    I don't think Lemming liked it when he found out I had a bounty on the first bang kill against him with the M60. Liamo collected the reward :D

Git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Lemming wrote:
    Git

I take it you got the kink in the feed tube sorted ?

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote:
    I take it you got the kink in the feed tube sorted ?

Oh yes ... mwwuaahaahaa. There was much riddling. I even did some running whilst firing from the hip, one handed ;)

Kdouglas had some sharp cutters with him,so got the feed-tube cropped in short order and it worked a charm. Had a slight problem shortly after with part of a washer or something getting into the magazine and jamming up the feed by wrapping around a BB. Got that fixed in fairly short order, but missed the first game because of it. Fixed mid-way through the second (at the tanker), and ran in on defense. The attackers weren't expecting it and first blood for the M60 was Fallschrimjager from a good distance off down the field.

The '60 has a ferocious appetite though. She was eating the BBs. I went through 3 bags of 2000 BBs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote:
    Shot of the day.

1387434071_c08e2a7b2a_b.jpg

has the smell of napalm in the morning off it...

Lemming wrote:
    The '60 has a ferocious appetite though. She was eating the BBs. I went through 3 bags of 2000 BBs :eek:

And I bet you STILL didnt fire as many as Crazy Rabbit:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have craters in my head from my own team mate and medic leathering me on full auto. Took hours to stop bleeding!

Rew wrote:
    I have craters in my head from my own team mate and medic leathering me on full auto. Took hours to stop bleeding!

Yeah that looked extremely painful. Nice medic heals you at then tags you from point blank. I assume it was an accident?

More photos up on my flickr. Will be posting another batch up soon, 128 shots taken today :)

Lemming wrote:
    Oh yes ... mwwuaahaahaa. There was much riddling. I even did some running whilst firing from the hip, one handed ;)

Kdouglas had some sharp cutters with him,so got the feed-tube cropped in short order and it worked a charm. Had a slight problem shortly after with part of a washer or something getting into the magazine and jamming up the feed by wrapping around a BB. Got that fixed in fairly short order, but missed the first game because of it. Fixed mid-way through the second (at the tanker), and ran in on defense. The attackers weren't expecting it and first blood for the M60 was Fallschrimjager from a good distance off down the field.

yep and on my face as well you bugger LOL...still i shall claim my 15 minutes of fame as the first to get a pasting from an m60...

i have to say tho lemming, 10 out of 10 for it...its a stunning truly stunning piece of kit...

gandalf wrote:
    Yeah that looked extremely painful. Nice medic heals you at then tags you from point blank. I assume it was an accident?

More photos up on my flickr. Will be posting another batch up soon, 128 shots taken today :)

linky?

yep and on my face as well you bugger LOL...still i shall claim my 15 minutes of fame as the first to get a pasting from an m60...

Ouch! Sorry about that. It's firing high and needs adjusted. I also need to mix white BBs in with the black ones for tracer effect since the M60's rate of fire means I can't even see BBs leaving the barrel (or hearing hits because of the noise).

As for the pasting, you were the first in-game victim ;)

Gandalf asked me to riddle him before we started. He walked out towards the bank around the side of the QCB-house and I riddled him very briefly because he complained so much when getting hit, the big jessie :p
    i have to say tho lemming, 10 out of 10 for it...its a stunning truly stunning piece of kit...

Cheers. I'm well chuffed with it. Good weight-lifting exercise too! I'm getting 2-for-1 on it, airsoft AND weight-training!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

That was some great games today. Between me trying to retreat and hold me pants up and our medic splitting his in the line of duty what more could ask for!!

Lemmings new battle cry is "come get sum, come get sum.. uff. Hit!!"

Conkey wrote:
    Lemmings new battle cry is "come get sum, come get sum.. uff. Hit!!"
    Animal Mother: You a photographer?
    Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.
    Animal Mother: Well you seen much combat?
    Private Joker: I've seen a little on TV.
    Animal Mother: You're a real comedian.
    Private Joker: Well they call me the Joker.
    Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.
    Private Joker: Well pilgrim, only after you eat the peanuts out of my ****.
    Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

*ahem* The buggers were most inconsiderate and avoided the right-side of the field completely because they knew I was there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I was a class day. The medic thing really added to it.

linky?

Its in my sig but here you go http://www.flickr.com/photos/gandalfirl/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

gandalf wrote:

You have an impressive eye for it I have to say and I know some good photographers to compare against!

well as my disasterous colonel (destroying any vain hope that i was a colonel jack o neill waiting for an opportunity) position was appointed by paul (the typical marine choice was given i need 2 volunteers, you and you, gandalf was the other, er , volunteer, thanks again for that 'gift' paul :D)) we had a medic on our team, who quite frankly was the balliest guy on the field, well they do say that angels walk with medics on the battlefield, maybe one or 2 was with us today because he friggen danced through rounds today....whoever you were...bravo!!!

Boston wrote:
    I was a class day. The medic thing really added to it.

well dude the star aeg you had was one fine piece of kit...some really nice pieces out there today and a helluva lot of people...

the one other thing i noticed lemming...the gearbox must be made of someting kncoked off from area51, because the rof was pretty friggen amazing...

actually on the face hit...today every time i got hit, the little buggers squeezed between the face guard and the goggles, or the goggles and the hat...quite amazing really...whats the friggen chances, and when they are over distances we were playing at -- you barely notice tbh, except one on out team, cant remember his name off hand, who got, er involved in a friendly fire incident, jesus that one looked friggen sore....

gandalf wrote:

Ah, I have the sigs switched off.

Cheers man, absolutely brilliant work.

the one other thing i noticed lemming...the gearbox must be made of someting kncoked off from area51, because the rof was pretty friggen amazing...

Systema (I believe)

pictures look good, looks like i have a rather large chin in the one with the m4 though... :D

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote:
    Systema (I believe)

great sound as well...quite intimidating (depending on the team you are in, then of course its the best sond in the world..., which is the point i suspect...

well bravo for systema...and by the way the fake bullets is classic...

quite a few vietnam types there today...very accurate as well...all we need is a green towel, a couple of claymores and some of the commie types to play 'charlie' and we could have a right laugh...

that and wearing black pyjamas obviously....

had a looksee gandalf at the pics...excellent...we should post them around, i can see it actually driving interest in airsoft...great day for the shots as well..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement