Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nice pics Gandalf!

Camera phone pic for Liam:

liam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

And I bet you STILL didnt fire as many as Crazy Rabbit:D

I'll have you know that I'm on a bb diet. :p
    I've used less than 6000 rounds in the last 3 weeks. :D Yes, a small miracle, I know.

I really must stop being the guy at the front, and learn to duck better. Dying first, well it really impacts your ability to empty four 500 round mags into your opponants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Never noticed you taking that photo:p

Hee hee.
    I'm about to take me MP5 apart, ballsed up in the last game... :(

What happend?

• Advertisement

Dunno, it was shooting away fine and suddenly bbs stopped coming out, despite the gearbox firing away as normal, so i switched out mags, same thing, just dry firing.

Then I tried again and it started making this weird noise, as it there was something in the way of the piston. Paul was standing behing me and said it sounded like the hopup was gone.

I've got it stripped right down to the reciever and grip portion, but cant for the life of me get the body off!

Take the stock off and try to pull the plastic body back where the stock should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

this should probably be split off into another thread, but anyway

voodoo: www.mechbox.com have a good guide for stripping an mp5, i'd imagine you might be mising the screw(s) beside the hopup adjuster?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Conkey wrote:
    That was some great games today. Between me trying to retreat and hold me pants up and our medic splitting his in the line of duty what more could ask for!!

Fortunately the M76 MK II TBCTSD (Tactical Bungee Cord Trouser Securing Device) came in useful for you!

Thanks KDouglas, but I figured it out, the Classic Army MP5 is wayyyy easier to disassemble than the Marui, it just slides apart.

I took the whole thing apart, only to notice this when I looked down the barrel:

stuck.jpg

A bb wedged in the barrel with a piece of foam! I knew it sounded like something was blocking the output! Anyways, managed to buckle the hop up when taking the barrel out, so had to disassemble the whole hop up chamber and put it back together again, good as new!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

did your mother never teach you not to look down the barrel of a gun! lol, hope you had safety glasses on....

that's a bit of an odd occurence alright, probably a bit of stray styrofoam from when it was still in the box... glad you got it sorted

Nah, sure i've had it for months now. It was the kind of white foam used to pad gloves or the like, dunno where it came from! Only in airsoft eh?

Lookin back, that was a great day yesterday some turnout. I would have thought there as closer to 60 people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

stuck.jpg

Can we have a "captions competition" for this photo please :D

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Can we have a "captions competition" for this photo please :D

"Voodoomelon's impression of Curt Kobain"

:eek:

upon reading that i said ooooohhhh in a negative tone, followed by a sharp intake of breath... your going to hell for that one, but LOL :D

"Voodoomelon's impression of Curt Kobain"

:eek:

When you get haunted by the ghost shaggy caffeine addled Seattle Grunger dont come crying to me. Bad taste but quite appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Ah 54 people, the battles must have been great I'm raging I wasn't there but last weeks impulse buy meant I was broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Yep, sat was a good, day, first time i've had a chance to play in the big field, once i was on defence,and crawled into a hole in the hedge beside the entrance, kept my head down till the entire emy team passed me, got up and opened up full auto with the p90, and jammed, arGh dry firiing, such an opertunity wasted.
    But it was classic wghen the pallets fell over, i was rushing in at the time and simpley emptied the mag into them.

Hopefully i can bring the uzi next time, have to sort out a new hopup rubber as i think thats where the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another shot from Saturday and my fav along with the M60 shot.

1399227758_ff4a341839_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

hey, he's a ghost, his image shouldnt show up in photos.

Nice pics by the way. would make great exhibition pieces for showing off tthe sport at events such as salute etc.
    Can just picture them blown up to a2 size and hanging on the stand.

aside from the fact i look like i have a bit of a belly, it's a pretty good pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

oh, that was yourself, nice meeting you Kdouglas.

thanks boston, no idea what you look like tho?

kdouglas wrote:
    thanks boston, no idea what you look like tho?

I had the same problem last time i saw him. Horrible black mask thing he was wearing. You can tell its Boston though from the total and utter disregard for personal safety he displays while hurling himself around the back field during a fire fight :p

lol true enough. this is moi

Boston wrote:
    lol true enough. this is moi

Ahhh ... can see the lower half of your face now.

Nice Star G36 by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Haha seing that massive man jump into a bunch of "long" grass akwardly made my day!

Also kdouglas when are you due? :p

Grass on the outside, nettles on the inside, I spent a solid 30 secs on my back trying to get up. Man that hurt. Wasn't expecting a pallet to be there either. I blame Lemming, he had me pinned down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Calm Horizons

Boston wrote:
    Grass on the outside, nettles on the inside, I spent a solid 30 secs on my back trying to get up. Man that hurt. Wasn't expecting a pallet to be there either. I blame Lemming, he had me pinned down.

I remember that, there were about 4 of us pinned down by the M60 behind the large patch of nettles on the right side of the field, mid-way up. You turn to me and ask for covering fire...

3... 2... 1... I stand up and let the G36 do the talking, you then jump into the bed of nettles. I thought you'd lost it; there was no grass on the outside, it was just a massive bed of nettles :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement