Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Nice to know I can have that effect on people :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well its looks like it's going to be a big day this saturday as well. I'll be along with Clam Horizons there as well as another mate, provided a rental is freed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ah sure ill pop along myself aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Should be up there on Saturday as well. I'll see if I can round up any n00bs for the slaughter! Weather is looking to be good for Saturday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

54 people!? jaysus....

serious question here - is it no a bit cramped for 54 people? how did yous manage it?

• Advertisement

odonnell: that all depends on which parts of hrta you've seen before?

we didnt play at the tanker much, mainly up in the other field which isnt used as often, but i agree, it's getting crowded up there

ah...nah i didnt see the other field, only the tanker area - whihc i thought was the extent of the site!

[edit] infuriating double post

nope, there's the other field which is 2 maybe 3 acres i think

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Other field rules, those pallet bases games rocked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Do many people show up for games on Sunday?
    Its the only day I don't have collage or work

No idea, but i think its a pretty small game. HRTA really took off in a matter of weeks. I was there one saturday and there was about 12 of us, two weeks later something like 32. The big field does indeed rock but I can't wait to play the 20 acre site.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Thats this about a 20 acre site have I missed something

Hunter1100 wrote:
    Thats this about a 20 acre site have I missed something

yes, paul just acquired 20 acres which is going to be the new home of hrta, ill be having a look at it later on tonight, so will report back and let you know what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

ill be having a look at it later on tonight, so will report back and let you know what its like
    Can you give us a rough location too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont forget your camera! Or even better, a video camera/decent cameraphone:D

well it was quite dark out by the time we got out there, so couldn't take any pics, the site is a good size (20 acres+), but at the moment is a blank canvas, it's a large open field surrounded by plenty of hedges and such... but there are plenty of plans to make it into quite an interesting venue

it's exactly 6.7km from the current hrta (according to andy's car anyway) and is just past ballyboghil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

has to be one person to bring down the mood ,new site great news but i take it is even harder to get to using public transport than the present location:( :(

fair play nonex still be coming over though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Yeah that is quite a bit out!

• Advertisement

Guess I'll be learning to drive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Boston wrote:
    Guess I'll be learning to drive then.

See another positive for airsoft :)

And this makes for the ideal starter vehicle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote:
    See another positive for airsoft :)

And this makes for the ideal starter vehicle :)

jeeze a t72...if only i had 50,000....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sell the SUV and armoury of AEG's you have and you can go to the ball.............................in a T72 :)

gandalf wrote:
    Sell the SUV and armoury of AEG's you have and you can go to the ball.............................in a T72 :)

would be interesting going thru the toll gates on the m50...HAHAHAHAAH

an airsoft t72....would be kinda hard to hide behind the pallets tho...maybe i could camo it like a crate??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

would be interesting going thru the toll gates on the m50...HAHAHAHAAH

an airsoft t72....would be kinda hard to hide behind the pallets tho...maybe i could camo it like a crate??

Actually it would make for some really interesting games where 1 or 2 people manned the APC and it can only be taken out by a special forces team armed with explosives (some kind of powder charge?) while support teams patrol the area.

That or it would be a great way to get from Swords village to the new site because I am f*cked if I am walking.

Edit: Just to point out that Military smoke grenades etc are a little too dangerous for use in Airsoft considering the canister temperature and toxicity of the smoke produced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Pity pyro isn't available here alright. Some of it is as dangerous as it is fun though, the mil smoke is fairly toxic and the canisters are red hot while letting out smoke and for abput 30 mins afterwards. I could see somone thinking they can pick one up and throw it back!!

Id love to see what the pyro there using in the north is like, we might get somthing similar here some day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Rew wrote:
    Pity pyro isn't available here alright. Some of it is as dangerous as it is fun though, the mil smoke is fairly toxic and the canisters are red hot while letting out smoke and for abput 30 mins afterwards. I could see somone thinking they can pick one up and throw it back!!

Id love to see what the pyro there using in the north is like, we might get somthing similar here some day!!

Yeah, should I have pointed that out myself actually.

Perhaps a gas charge with a chalk or flour payload would be more suitable?

i asked this website would they deliver, from what i can read they burn cool, with low risk of irratation (except if you live in it) and they have 30 second burn time and would be good enough for the bigger field....

the bad news is its 75 dollars shipping.....i meant to ask paul what he thought as i know he mentioned he was looking for a fireworks (?) license to allow him use some of this stuff..as in smoke, etc....

edit sorry forgot the link

http://www.metermall.com/product%20pages/Smoke/Smoke%20Candles.htm

i cant find anywhere in europe that sells these at all...they are called smoke candles...

• Advertisement

I don't think he's interested in smoke grenades. He's mentioned more then once that he's found them poor, even the long burning ones. But sure give it a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement