Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

to rent land near public service's, will be have being rented or will have a long
    lease and a big price on it , so the only land i can rent is go be a bit out of the way,and keep the price down.
    you can buy smoke candles from any of the big plumbing shops, and yes they are legal to buy, but all smokes are toxic, yes all, it is smoke remeber.
    the pyro's i have,only i can use them on site, so i am working with the justice and hsa dept: on this as this will be a frist for ireland that fireworks wound be available to the public

to rent land near public service's, will be have being rented or will have a long
    lease and a big price on it , so the only land i can rent is go be a bit out of the way,and keep the price down.
    you can buy smoke candles from any of the big plumbing shops, and yes they are legal to buy, but all smokes are toxic, yes all, it is smoke remeber.
    the pyro's i have,only i can use them on site, so i am working with the justice and hsa dept: on this as this will be a frist for ireland that fireworks wound be available to the public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

I can assure you from playing in Predator a number of times smoke grenades are kinda pointless as people tend just to shoot through the smoke once they see it. Also unless there's no wind at all they dont provide much cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

thanks paul for the update,

harekin, its more for the effect then anything else...i dont think its going to provide cover, or even provide enough to even pretend to do that, it will be a bit like the fireworks Paul is planning...its more of an effect and dare i mention the dreaded fun word then providing something practical, a bit like, er, extra mags, painting your aeg, and i may as well say it before someone else pips in here, wearing acu...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Harekin wrote:
    I can assure you from playing in Predator a number of times smoke grenades are kinda pointless as people tend just to shoot through the smoke once they see it. Also unless there's no wind at all they dont provide much cover.

Pretty much the same thing happens in real life. The purpose of smokes is to mark landing zones, fire zones etc or to mask unit and troop movement/deployments. They dont offer any kind of protection and can be as detrimental to the operator as the enemy.

In Airsoft the main use is really for atmosphere or for special game-specific reasons like "Defend this spot until the smoke clears" or "go here and deploy a marker smoke" I cant really see any other use for them and certainly not to blind the enemy.

Others may disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

btw from now onwards ACU will be called Sofa-Camo :)

the new site will be an urban town site, as it wound have beter game play and more Scenarios than wood land, you cant move the tree's,but you can move the buildings, and buildings are great for boobytraps,

nonex wrote:
    the new site will be an urban town site, as it wound have beter game play and more Scenarios than wood land, you cant move the tree's,but you can move the buildings, and buildings are great for boobytraps,

Lol ... sweet. Town Assault in Swords :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

FIBUA, I like the sound of this. What's the timeframe that you are aiming for to have this set up in?

Paul any ETA on when the new site will be ready. Trying to organise a Office trip and would love to introduce them to Airsoft at the new location. Already have one other addicted here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

nonex wrote:

Sounds very sweet, although I do like a few trees (didn't spend all that money on camo for nothing :D ). What are you going to be building the houses out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

from talking to paul, he plans on getting up and running at the new place as soon as he can, but obviously the town will have to be built first and the safe zone etc... still needs to be built, all the houses will be temporary structures (i.e. wood)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Well I'd happily give a dig out with any work needing doing. I'm sure some others here would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:
    well it was quite dark out by the time we got out there, so couldn't take any pics, the site is a good size (20 acres+), but at the moment is a blank canvas, it's a large open field surrounded by plenty of hedges and such... but there are plenty of plans to make it into quite an interesting venue

it's exactly 6.7km from the current hrta (according to andy's car anyway) and is just past ballyboghil

8.3km north of HRTA according to satnav software. Just South East of Hollywood Lakes golf club.

Coords : N53 32.314 W6 14.962 based on that google map that Nonex provided.

Anyone getting the bus is screwed though. The new site is not serviced by any buses as far as I can see.

OK, everyone send dublin bus an email asking/demanding them to lay on a weekend service in the mornings and evenings. :D

so long as the town has sofas in it for my acu, i am cool with whatever you do....:D

but jeeze paul not going to be easy to build that or have you a cunning plan?

on the bus thing, we will all just have to start coordinating pickups for people, or i am sure there is a thing called taxis...a taxi from swords wont be much, oh sorry, did i say taxis wont be expensive? sorry i forgot this is ireland....

so long as the town has sofas in it for my acu, i am cool with whatever you do....:D

but jeeze paul not going to be easy to build that or have you a cunning plan?

on the bus thing, we will all just have to start coordinating pickups for people, or i am sure there is a thing called taxis...a taxi from swords wont be much, oh sorry, did i say taxis wont be expensive? sorry i forgot this is ireland....

A taxi from Swords village to HRTA is currently a tenner. Probably pushing close to twenty for the new site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

A taxi from Swords village to HRTA is currently a tenner. Probably pushing close to twenty for the new site.

Well if 4 of us were to meet in swords village and split the cost between us it wouldnt be too bad

or maybe paul would be kind enough to drop down in a tank and collect you? :p

well lads i think a small amount of coordination, there were tons of cars there last weekend...so i have no problem picking a few up when i am passing thru...jeasus its not like we will be difficult to spot ! LOL. i dont think i can make it this saturday however. :(

well this saturday will still be at the current hrta

i've no problem picking up a few people on my way through swords either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ye can get in the boot, cars already full.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Im going shiny new M4A1 needs to be skirmished

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Right then, who's heading to HRTA tomorrow? Meant to be good weather I'll be bringing two extras down.

I'll be there in the morning for a half day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Plan to be up around 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Well im in Krazy's car so suppose i'll be there at 2 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Should be going for the first time tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I'll be there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Me and my brother will be there I'm pretty sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Should be there myself tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement