Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Oberleutnant

Will be there with one other.

hope to see you all in my sights tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Back in Dublin, plane tyres haven't finished screeching yet that I'm already confirming I'll be there in the morning for a half :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Pretty much the same thing happens in real life. The purpose of smokes is to mark landing zones, fire zones etc or to mask unit and troop movement/deployments. They dont offer any kind of protection and can be as detrimental to the operator as the enemy.

In Airsoft the main use is really for atmosphere or for special game-specific reasons like "Defend this spot until the smoke clears" or "go here and deploy a marker smoke" I cant really see any other use for them and certainly not to blind the enemy.

Others may disagree.
    But considering they cost around €2.20 a pop and only burn for about 10 seconds its an expensive "effect". Different strokes for different folks, I personally prefare to spend my money on bb grenades!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

hope you spared a tought for those of us stuck in work:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Just wanted to pop on and say cheers to everyone who was up on Saturday, had a great laugh at my first skirmish, everyone was dead sound and I had a deadly buzz even if I did break two hi-caps :D

I was the chap in tigerstripe with the AK47S for anyone who's interested.

Hope to yuz all up there next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

nonex the village idea sounds excellent. I think there are about 10 prefabs of about 60 foot in length up for grabs in your area after the building of the motorway. I'll be down with 2 others tomorrow my mate seems to know more about it than me but appaerently 1 or 2 of them are 2 story so if you managed to wrangle them they might be of some use to as as they seem to have been left derilict for months.

also did you say that smokes are legal? and by smokes do you mean the type made by a certain company in england that shall remain nameless?? as I've found the 2 and a half minute burn smokes to be great for making cover up in preator and FRV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Good day. Completely ****ed at the moment. That last game really took it out of me. I lead the lads into an un-holly slaughter.

Well the smokes are duel use. My brother would use them to find gas leaks so it would be hard to ban them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

was a good half day for myself, bolloxed too.

first time id played that field and it works quite well, even if it was a bit of a turkey shoot for the defenders! Or maybe we were just so-damn-good. Well done to whomever it was camped at the back shouting instructions and movements etc - was really handy ie.
    "someone comin up the right! in the long grass!", or "centre pallet!"

hooh ah!

That was the highlight of today - the low point being working into a great position, nailing 5 or 6 enemy, onto last mag with about 30 rounds left....aaaaand the traitor taps you on the shoulder and says "bang".

gutted.

That was Dr pepper in the background, It worked quiet well. As for the traitors, I actually meant to put a round in to crazy rabbit at the start of the game, but forgot. blast I say.

Just realised who you where. Nice meeting you odonnell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Boston wrote:
    That was Dr pepper in the background, It worked quiet well. As for the traitors, I actually meant to put a round in to crazy rabbit at the start of the game, but forgot. blast I say.

Just realised who you where. Nice meeting you odonnell

The strong scottish accent didn't give you a hint?

Oh yeah, that was funny as hell 'bang' killing the last four defenders as a traitor.

Walks up to O'Donnell from behind.
    Taps him on the shoulder.
    He turns around.
    'Bang'
    I believe a word starting with 'F' was uttered.

Repeat and rinse for the other 3.
    The response I got from some of them can't be posted on the forum :D

I felt slightly guilty as they were all dug in quite well and having such a great time. My self-inflicted punishment: I put myself on top of the tanker in the last game. 2 min later, I got shot from 3 directions at once. :eek:

• Advertisement

i cant say im gutted at you getting nailed Rabbit - and no more than you deserved you scurvey scheister....

you too boston. always good having a face to the name sir!

The strong scottish accent didn't give you a hint?

Oh yeah, that was funny as hell 'bang' killing the last four defenders as a traitor.

There where people there with lots of accents, it was a regular UN mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone know how many people showed up yesterday? There was around 53 last week, just wonderin about this Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

there was a fair size group in the morning ,i was sidelined for most of the day with the exception of 2 games,who is going next week end ,or is everybody going to predator

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:( Don't say it. I really don't want to know. (Covers his eyes)

It's crazy. I haven't been out there since June. In that time frame I've bought

A FN FAL with mags.
    (Broken) Bell m9 with mags.
    Complete PLCE webbing.
    Complete pattern 58 webbing.
    Webtex chest rig.
    Silencer for my Mac 11.

And have skirmished absolutely none of it! ah!!!!!!

Hopefully some day when myself and Hivemind get back on our feet, we can make a glorious return with all our new gear.

And get mowed down like a total pair of utter newbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Anyone know how many people showed up yesterday? There was around 53 last week, just wonderin about this Saturday...
    there was 56 people.
    i think might move this week to the new site, as a good many will be going to predator this weekend, i'll see if i can do it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

56? holy crap, when i asked Mel during the day there was 44...

time for the bigger site! (make a bloody massive safe zone too, like about 1 acre)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

nonex wrote:
    there was 56 people.
    i think might move this week to the new site, as a good many will be going to predator this weekend, i'll see if i can do it :eek:

Jumping jesus thats big numbers. I like it I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

this is great news....great news for airsoft in ireland...

kdouglas wrote:
    56? holy crap, when i asked Mel during the day there was 44...

time for the bigger site! (make a bloody massive safe zone too, like about 1 acre)

an acre is far too large - for anyone who doesnt know how large an acre is - you could build a block of flats on it and have room for sunbathing.

safe zone of around 20mx10m is what you want. Id also suggest multiple safezones to accommodate more than 1 team over the entire site.

without wanting to offend anyone - what was with the huge number of Philippinos? did all them lads know one another?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Personally I can only see it getting bigger, yesterday was my first skirmish, although the walter mitty in me had me buy all the camo and an AEG before I went, but to be honest after having so much fun I can't think of anything I'd rather spend my weekends doing than running amok in a field shooting plastic pellets at people. It's an incredibly addictive sport, one go and you're hooked, I can see support groups forming for it, Airsofters Anonymous anyone?

Spetzcong wrote:
    I can see support groups forming for it, Airsofters Anonymous anyone?

Wasnt there a thread on that a little while ago? People were seeking help for the financially crippling addiction to buying every last piece of kit they could lay their grubby little mitts on! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

odonnell wrote:
    an acre is far too large - for anyone who doesnt know how large an acre is - you could build a block of flats on it and have room for sunbathing.

safe zone of around 20mx10m is what you want. Id also suggest multiple safezones to accommodate more than 1 team over the entire site.

without wanting to offend anyone - what was with the huge number of Philippinos? did all them lads know one another?

10-12% of the population are non-irish nationals. You can expect to see a few countries represented. :D

personally im glad to see different nationalities/races/religions etc... play airsoft, it's one sport i've noticed which has a non-existent discrimination level, no matter who you are, your welcome (as long as your honest and take your hits ;))

and yes, there was 5 Philippino guys down last week, and this week paul said they booked 12 rentals (not sure if 12 of them actually turned up, but there was a few), although i personally dont see the need to make the distinction of where someone is from

By The Way: for anyone looking to rent, rentals are getting booked out very early these days, i.e. the rentals for yesterday were all booked up since the previous sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

10-12% of the population are non-irish nationals. You can expect to see a few countries represented. :D

But there was a HUGE number of them...

Dr_Pepper wrote:
    But there was a HUGE number of them...

Airsoft is HUGE in the Philippines with many professional and semi professonal teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Airsoft is HUGE in the Philippines with many professional and semi professonal teams.

Asia. Airsoft. TM, CA, Inokatsu, VFC, KSC, Systema, etc. etc. etc.

Is anyone surprised by this? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

I don't know if this should be on a seperate lost & found thread.

Anyways, if anyone comes across or has come across a long beretta 93 mag like the pic below let me know or hand it in to Paul. I found the pistol minus the mag during one of the big games (by chance, my friend was using it) in the big field so it's somewhere up there...

KSC-93RII-MAG-L.jpg

I think someone else lost an electronic mine too... you'll knowwhen you stumble across that anyway!

Cheers lads

seriously? a mine? would they not remember where they put it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

You've two hopes of finding it. I lost 2 mags there last week and i'd say about 5 other people lost gear too. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement