Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He had the cool pickup truck and he was a man of my proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

well the safe zone was great on saturday,:o :o

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

krazy_8s wrote:
    It was, Dar is one of the Hawks right? Because I gave it to a Hawk. Man I need to learn some names.

I am indeed, and it was my scope. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

krazy_8s wrote:
    Man I need to learn some names.

Same here, I usually end up shouting orders along the lines of "OI HOODY GUY - FLANK LEFT!" :). It's pretty much inevitable with the amount of new faces showing up every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dar wrote:
    Same here, I usually end up shouting orders along the lines of "OI HOODY GUY - FLANK LEFT!" :). It's pretty much inevitable with the amount of new faces showing up every week.

"Oi FLANK LEFT!" usually nets me the same expression I get when I show a dog a card trick .... n00bs are fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

you could just do what Dr pepper was doing, issue all your orders to me and watch as five people simultaneously carry them out.

'Boston, fire right' = poor guy getting riddled from 3 directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Harekin wrote:
    Were you there last week? I handed a P90 high-cap into Paul.

excellent, i have 2 more on order as well, 4 per game might just about do it with the current rof

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Sorry for asking guys, but I've been inactive for a while, Has HRTA got bigger?

yeah its moving to a new 20 acre site probably /might be, at the weekend ,were using one of the big fields at the back of the carpark for most of the games now its mad craic its hitting an average of 50+ ppl skirmishing

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dar wrote:

Right then, good chance "Hoody guy" was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

which site is the 20 acre site lads? the one in the google map posted a few pages back? that site is 8.6 acres or there about.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Details/images on new site? When are you planning to transfer?

nonex wrote:
    there was 56 people.
    i think might move this week to the new site, as a good many will be going to predator this weekend, i'll see if i can do it :eek:
    id say it depends on how many arent going to predator there is a few car loads heading up north

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seems to be a good load going up. Paul, please close HRTA this weekend. It'll help convince people to get up to pred.

COMON, come to pred lads, It'll be great with a load of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Seems to be a good load going up. Paul, please close HRTA this weekend. It'll help convince people to get up to pred.

COMON, come to pred lads, It'll be great with a load of us!

a tad on dramatic side dont you think....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Im sure Paul wouldnt mind losing 100s of euros so the competition can have more buisness :p

here not all of us can afford to go to predator ,il got to HRTA if its open and my downgraded spring is fitted ,either going saturday or sunday if anyone else is going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

well given that pred is on sunday, there's plenty of people who would still go to hrta on saturday

i would personally, but i had to move my sunday plans to saturday so i could go to pred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

an update on the new site, there might not be a lot set up for the weekend so if any one want's to come a long to have a look and may be a game if we can there will be no fee so i wont be doing gun rentles as it wound not be fair on them, i'll only be useing 12 acres of the site for the time being but can have 100 acres when i want it and have a tank or two;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent news Paul. Any idea on the pricing to drive a tank. Would love to do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

nonex wrote:
    but can have 100 acres when i want it and have a tank or two;)

What diameter BBs you need for one of those then ? :eek:

Gee, at what ? 150 mm ? You're probably looking at 10 FPS to stay within the 1J limit ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ambro25 wrote:
    What diameter BBs you need for one of those then ? :eek:

Gee, at what ? 150 mm ? You're probably looking at 10 FPS to stay within the 1J limit ;):D

I reckon it'll make it to the end of the barrel with an almighty roar .... and then roll out the end having expended all its energy :p

In other news, cracking news Paul. Looking forward to the new site, and perhaps some tank driving. Of course, I could always have Gandalf drive whilst I sit on top with M60 in one hand whilst chomping on a cigar with speakers attached to the turret blasting out Carl Orff's "Oh Fortuna" ;)

anyone driving out ,ammo for the tank TENNIS BALLS at 1j basicly a giant sized bb that bounces

just launch nerf balls like the americans seem to be so fond of

or a styrofoam cup with about 100 bb's in it

nerf balls havent got the pain factor of tennis balls ,or fit a water cannon

exactly why to use them, youll know your hit without being in pain and the nerf will go further with less energy

actuly you might be on to something there KD, a gased launched nerf type projectile being used as a support weapon .ie LAW or TOW for used against fortifed positions or pallets:) :)

there's a LAW on redwolf that uses m203 shells to fire bbs, but you can also stick a nerf ball into it and fire that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i have some homemade 80mm canons for the site that shoot 10 toy balls in one go, they can shoot about 300 feet, and johnny is barred from useing them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement