Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

I have one of these, might work...

pocket_nerf_howler.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

that would be great as you would have the incoming whistle sound as it gets closer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well a game i saw before was no so much defend the tank but defend a safe zone...so a law is set up , say 15 meters from the tank. only attackers can use it, as in they carry the nerfs...the goal is to assault to get close enough to fire from a fixed position a nerf at the tank.

its a right good laugh...

i found on the web before a guy who built a m203 gas grenade mortar that fired nerfs, it was a pvc pipe and a hand built firing mechanism...seemed easy enough (it always does until you build it!)

that could be a goal of a game in the new site...when the tank is on site obviously..

the other one was a defend, attack, defend...as in stop an assault. if the assault is successful they plant a charge and have to defend the original defenders for 5 minutes...now that should sound very familiar to the counterstrikers out there...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

EYES ONLY
    HRTA special operations center.
    lateset intelligence so far, the hrta base has being taken by paramilitary force,
    The base was hit at 04:00 zulu on the 29/09/2007,4 paramilitary forces teamed up togerter to take the base to get there hand on the cookie jar but the base commander had his SF team hide it on the base before they where over run, the paramilitary force have fallen out when they did not get there hands on the cookie jar, and spit in to 4 gourps, Hawks, ghosts, contractors, wolf dogs,and have set up camp on the out skirts of the base in the hope of geting there hands on the cookies, intell puts them set as, Hawks sw, ghost's nw, contractors ne, wolf dogs se, of the base.

HRTA special operations center commander is putting a team together to take back the base and to recover the cookies, this mission will be a black opp's with no back up from our government.
    intell on these paramilitary forces organization, logistics, support,will be updated as we get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Can't wait to get up there on Saturday now. I've been away too long.

• Advertisement

paul are the hawks..the hawks, the ghosts ..well the ghosts, and the dogs all the rest of our rag tag bunch (myself included)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm very very tempted to go this saturday, darn.

nonex wrote:
    i have some homemade 80mm canons for the site that shoot 10 toy balls in one go, they can shoot about 300 feet, and johnny is barred from useing them.

paul any chance we could use them as a prelude to an assault or for the defenders...anyone within a 5 or 10 foot radius is out for 2 minutes?? that would be way cool...

those nerf screamers are the way to go....apparently they are way way cool...sound like incoming!!!

EYES ONLY
    HRTA special operations center.
    lateset intelligence so far,
    just landed on the my desk
    id: photo's on the 4 gourps, Hawks, ghosts, contractors, wolf dogs,
    http://www.nataibhse.com/gallery/4.html the ghosts unit,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gandalfirl/1348482474/ the hawk unit,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gandalfirl/809989485/in/set-72157600589689081/ the only one member of the contractors that we got,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gandalfirl/930406249/in/set-72157600589689081/ this member we belive to be the ring leader of wolf dogs, and this one member has being none to take out a whole unit
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gandalfirl/931309178/in/set-72157600589689081/
    SOF OUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Im afraid i will not be there this saturday. Gotta go see a chiropractor! :D

• Advertisement

Add another item, a mag for a KJ Works P226, to the list. My other mate was using that on Sat so I only noticed it missing last night when I was cleaning my gear.

padmundo wrote:
    I don't know if this should be on a seperate lost & found thread.

Anyways, if anyone comes across or has come across a long beretta 93 mag like the pic below let me know or hand it in to Paul. I found the pistol minus the mag during one of the big games (by chance, my friend was using it) in the big field so it's somewhere up there...

KSC-93RII-MAG-L.jpg

I think someone else lost an electronic mine too... you'll knowwhen you stumble across that anyway!

Cheers lads

big thank's lad's & las for the help tonight in moving some stuff to the new site.
    if any one is coming out to the old hrta site this saturday, i will be there at 10:30, i'am hopeing some people will show so we can walk the filed for the lost stuff, and maybe get a game in the new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

was going to try make sunday but my M4 is still not useable for a skirmish ,im booked out for saturday

nonex wrote:
    big thank's lad's & las for the help tonight in moving some stuff to the new site.
    if any one is coming out to the old hrta site this saturday, i will be there at 10:30, i'am hopeing some people will show so we can walk the filed for the lost stuff, and maybe get a game in the new site.

I'll be there with a few others. Looking forward to having a go on the new field :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nonex wrote:

Your welcome.

Kind of a sad day seeing the shed empty bar the safe zone. :(

I'll drop up to the old site on saturday to help search for lost items in the small field. To be honest, it's gonna be like looking for needle's in a rather large haystack, but it's worth a try. I wonder if the horses have eaten any of it while munching on the grass?

Good thing those lads showed up with the torches and extra drills. That really sped things up. And fair play to Nigel for providing the van for transporting everything to the new site.

Oh, and someone please shoot me on saturday as punishment for forgetting to bring a drill myself...or at least a screwdriver or torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,008 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll drop up to the old site on saturday to help search for lost items in the small field. To be honest, it's gonna be like looking for needle's in a rather large haystack, but it's worth a try.

Anyone got a metal detector at all? Has to be someone out there with one. I'm sure it would yield a huge bounty of lost mags and gold. (Okay maybe not the gold)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

o1s1n wrote:
    Anyone got a metal detector at all? Has to be someone out there with one. I'm sure it would yield a huge bounty of lost mags and gold. (Okay maybe not the gold)

mentioned that too paul, he said it wasnt worth the hassle, it would take too long and it would also pick up loads of other things that wouldnt be mags or of any value

nonex wrote:

no problem, as rabbit said, sad to see the place go, but onwards and upwards eh? :)

Metal detector, not a bad idea... anyone know someone with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

padmundo wrote:
    Metal detector, not a bad idea... anyone know someone with one?
    I have one at home, but as KD said, its really not worth it, searching that field with it properly would take far too long.
    I can bring it with me though, if you want to have a go with it.

chalky wrote:
    I have one at home, but as KD said, its really not worth it, searching that field with it properly would take far too long.
    I can bring it with me though, if you want to have a go with it.

Ah I presumed it would be handy having never actually used one (I hadn't seen KD's post) but if it's going to beep for just about anything then it's probably more hassle than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Hi lads,

I was in with bfsl yesterday and picked up some gear. I was hoping to join yis in rathbeale on saturday as a newbie. Im waiting on my batt and charger from BFSL (order is delayed). If that arrives b4 hand can I just show up and join in.

Do I need to be a member of a team or is joining a team an option. Usually things like teams are pretty close knit group.

Advices?:) Did I see a post saying this saturday was free at HRTA?

Cant wait to use my new rifle either CA-36C I got some shoot n c's aswel which are kinda cool. Oh and am I allowed to use a gas powered pistol as a sidearm at HRTA or does it have to be AEG?

Just turn up mate. You'll be allowed on a team for the day no problem at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

CTU_Agent wrote:
    Hi lads,

I was in with bfsl yesterday and picked up some gear. I was hoping to join yis in rathbeale on saturday as a newbie. Im waiting on my batt and charger from BFSL (order is delayed). If that arrives b4 hand can I just show up and join in.

Do I need to be a member of a team or is joining a team an option. Usually things like teams are pretty close knit group.

Advices?:) Did I see a post saying this saturday was free at HRTA?

Cant wait to use my new rifle either CA-36C I got some shoot n c's aswel which are kinda cool. Oh and am I allowed to use a gas powered pistol as a sidearm at HRTA or does it have to be AEG?

HRTA is in the process of moving to a new site this weekend, so basically it's anyone who's available to give a hand turn up, they will be searching the old site for lost mags and such in the morning and then moving up to the new site later, depending on how much work gets done between now and then, a few hands may be needed to throw some pallets up as a temporary base and then there'll probably be a game

a gas pistol is fine (once it's under 1 Joule) and are quite common, i myself have 3 gas pistols now and one electric, the blowbacks are great fun and very realistic, also a sidearm does come in handy for close range stuff and when your aeg runs out of bbs/batteries or just dies inexplicably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

i was just thinking - when i started reading this thread for the first time ever, a few months ago - the over-riding advice was to try it out, then consider buying your own gear. But now all thats gone! We are surrounded by gear junkies who buy tonnes of stuff THEN skirmish!! :) hehe im one of them!

arent we all just children really...

cool, thanks guys. Pending my batt and charger and stuff Il see you then. If not is Sunday open for business?

odonnell wrote:
    i was just thinking - when i started reading this thread for the first time ever, a few months ago - the over-riding advice was to try it out, then consider buying your own gear. But now all thats gone! We are surrounded by gear junkies who buy tonnes of stuff THEN skirmish!! :) hehe im one of them!

arent we all just children really...

My first ever game was up at Pred and I turned up with full kit, 2 AEG's and no clue :D Self confessed gear junkie.

yea gear junkie all the way, I walked into the new shop in orion business park, It was like a mini paradise...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

nonex wrote:
    I'd be glad to lend a hand from about 11:30 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

dont think i can make it on sat due to working late, but will try to be there on sunday if its open after the move

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

Unfortunately I won't make it - heading to Mayo for the next three days to do a refresher course in World War 2 Combatives. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement