Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Boru. wrote:
    Unfortunately I won't make it - heading to Mayo for the next three days to do a refresher course in World War 2 Combatives. :rolleyes:

WWII tactics of the Red Army? Sending wave after wave of our own troops against them to clog up their machine guns with our dead? Think we had a few games like that last week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

Lol....eh not quite....and my AEG never clogs no matter how many bodies you fling at me. ;):D No, I'll be working hand to hand and with bladed weapns mostly. Should be fun, but I admit I was looking forward to finding and eating all the cookies before Johnny,...they were REAL cookies Nonex was refferring to right?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Just out of interest who is going on Saturday that is also heading up to Predator on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Anyone with an M4 CQB/R going tomorrow? I'm thinking of getting one but want to have a look at one first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hivemind has a lovely one.

I don't think I'll be about to make it to HRTA this saturday. I've afew projects to be working on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Boston wrote:
    Hivemind has a lovely one.

I don't think I'll be about to make it to HRTA this saturday. I've afew projects to be working on.

Yes I do.

My M4 is quite lovely too. However, due to some inexpert handling by its owner, it is currently broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Cant make it this weekend ehter. have some server moves to do Saturday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Yes I do.

My M4 is quite lovely too. However, due to some inexpert handling by its owner, it is currently broken.
    Hmm...
    Don't suppose you'll be bringing it anyway? Just want to make sure its not too short for me.

chalky wrote:
    Hmm...
    Don't suppose you'll be bringing it anyway? Just want to make sure its not too short for me.

The handy thing about that is the CQB/R (and indeed nearly all versions of the M4) are a standard reciever with a different barrel length and/or buttstock.

In the case of my ICS CQB-R it has a standard M4 crane stock and an extremely short fore-grip and barrel. Maybe 6-8" from the receiver block. Its a free floating RIS and I find its best to attach the Tactical grip for comfort.

Provided you can use an M4 crane stock (and there should be no reason you cant find a comfortable position out of the six) then you can use it no problem.

I am not sure whetherI will make HRTA this weekend, it really all depends on what I can get done between now and then. I am a little up to my eyes in IAA stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Looks like none of the Hawks will be able to make it down this saturday :(. We're looking forward to hearing the war stories from the new site though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

For those coming out to HRTA tomorrow to give a hand with setting things up is there anything we need bring, toolwise etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

padmundo wrote:
    For those coming out to HRTA tomorrow to give a hand with setting things up is there anything we need bring, toolwise etc. ?

Drills, jigsaw, screws, torches, JCB....all would find a use. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Where are we going? Are we going to the new hrta or meeting at the old hrta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Meeting at the old so we can do a walkover of the field looking for lost gear then heading on to the new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Took a few photos the other night of inside hrta after we finished tearing it down, thought id share them

the cqb arena is no more... :(

ps... all the horrible spots on the photo's are caused by the dust in the air

Yeah, there was a lot of dust. Game me a bit of a sore throat. I blame Paul for never sweeping the place! As evidence, I point you to the thousands of bb's on the ground visible in kdouglas's pics :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

kdouglas wrote:
    Took a few photos the other night of inside hrta after we finished tearing it down, thought id share them

the cqb arena is no more... :(

ps... all the horrible spots on the photo's are caused by the dust in the air
    Does this mean we can shoot the lights now?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Harekin wrote:
    Does this mean we can shoot the lights now?! :D
    LOL

All the pallets and wall sections are up in the new site now. We kind of forgot to bring a hammer and nails, so nothing is contructed just yet.

The car park is being dug tomorrow (yes, dug...as in a JCB arrived to level out the ground in preparation for stones/wood chip covering)

There are 3 temporary 'bases' built, so games can be played right now. More permanent and intricate structures will be built.

Oh, and there is a nice long laneway at the back that seems popular. I didn't get to play today or see this laneway, but Liamo had a big grin on his face when he got back from it, so it must be good.

EDIT: A few volunteers did a sweep of the back field today (twice) and got quite soaked in doing so. Was worth it though as several 'lost' items were found. I'm sure that Nonex will post a list of items found that haven't already been claimed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

sweet, unfortunately i wont be able to make it down for a full days games next weekend either by the looks of it... cant wait to see the place in daylight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

We kind of forgot to bring a hammer and nails, so nothing is contructed just yet.

Eh we brought a heap of tools....
    Oh, and there is a nice long laneway at the back that seems popular. I didn't get to play today or see this laneway, but Liamo had a big grin on his face when he got back from it, so it must be good.

Yeah we did some great ambushes along there with some good defend, pull back, defend again scenarios... lot's of running battles!

padmundo wrote:
    Eh we brought a heap of tools....

I seen drills, staple guns, saws, but not a hammer, nail or screw in sight. :D

whydave wrote:
    'Security contractors use 'over-the-top' tactics in Iraq' see CNN
    new bodies for the roll sheets

... eh ... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

probably blackwater operatives...enough said.

iceage wrote:
    probably blackwater operatives...enough said.

Lol ... dodgy gits arent they ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

blackwater are cool ,they are the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

Apparently they shot a few civilians during an ambush... All blackwater operatives have been removed from Iraq except for those involved.. they looking at getting tried in court

Apparently they shot a few civilians during an ambush... All blackwater operatives have been removed from Iraq except for those involved.. they looking at getting tried in court

Regardless (and my personal opinions aside) this is so far off topic its not funny. The instigating post appears to have been removed - can we get back on topic please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

removed my own reply.....somewhat biased, sorry bout that an d plainly off topic;)

SO........ about his airsofty thingy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

off topic i know ,Jon none of blackwaters operatives have been removed from Iraq , they are operating as normal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement