Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

CR: progress pics?

Imagine the scene.....you're 2 miles from civilisation and the nearest street light. There is no moonlight, and you're standing in a field with 8-9 guys with 3 torches providing the only light.

Now, imagine you have a poor little camera phone with no flash.

To put a long story short, any pics would look like this:
    th_48424_black_122_782lo.JPG

:p

Paul did quite a bit of work. There is a port-a-cabin, some, eh...bushy thingys for cover, and part of the village/base is constructed. When we arrived this evening it was already dark so not much could be done. We plan on doing a lot of work this saturday. I assume the site will be open, but play might be limited to part of the field.

Visibility was about 10 feet, so there might be more in the field than I could see.

I'll grab some pics on sathurday and post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

there was a porta-cabin?

saw a porta-loo, but not a cabin???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

kdouglas wrote:
    there was a porta-cabin?

saw a porta-loo, but not a cabin???
    must have a great camo paint on it,i did not see it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

nonex wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

if i can organise some transport il come out on sat and sunday havent any tools but 2hands that like working same during the week .

did anyone see that helicopter on top of that camoed portacabin great paint scheme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

So are people heading on Saturday? Will it be business as usual or base construction by slave labour? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I'm heading up. I'll bring a hammer too...

nonex wrote:

hehe...ok, it was a porta-loo. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

hi all, is there a game on sat or sunday at new HRTA??

Also can one of the HRTA lads confirm If I can buy/rent a battery and some bbs from them. Or perhaps shiva is reading this and I can buy a batt and bbs from eirsoft.ie and he can bring them along to hrta on sat/sun???

Cheers

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

CTU_Agent wrote:
    hi all, is there a game on sat or sunday at new HRTA??

Also can one of the HRTA lads confirm If I can buy/rent a battery and some bbs from them. Or perhaps shiva is reading this and I can buy a batt and bbs from eirsoft.ie and he can bring them along to hrta on sat/sun???

Cheers

Brendan

Last time I checked Paul sells BB's at 5000 for €18.

• Advertisement

cool.....how bout batteries?

CTU_Agent wrote:
    cool.....how bout batteries?

sold by HRTA? I dont think so. But then I dont get out to the field as often as I'd like. It might be worth dropping Shiva a line to be on the safe side, better to turn up and find that Nonex is selling batteries and still buy the one from Shiva than to count on a battery being available on the day right?

true....Shiva's site is out of stock on batts unfortunatly. Whats the bloody big delay in getting the equipment??

CTU_Agent wrote:
    true....Shiva's site is out of stock on batts unfortunatly. Whats the bloody big delay in getting the equipment??

Thats something you would be best taking up with Shiva or companies you are ordering from.

CTU_Agent wrote:

Shiva runs Eirsoft.ie as a side job. I doubt he can risk ordering in loads of equipment that potentially won't be bought. You need a ton of capital to set up an eirsoft shop and keep a lot of stock. As far as I know, getting shipments in, isn't exactly a quick process either.

Of course, it would be best to get a definite answer from Shiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

According to the man himself, he's waiting for a delivery, which is due in a few days,His Suppplier dropped the ball, and Shiva wants it right, for us pack of wolves!:D So bear with him, I would say any day now, and as for the bb's..drop be tempted to use those sh1t ones, you'll only mangle your piece and then batteries will be the least of your problems mate...:) deep breathes..count to ten..WOOOSAAAAAAAA! and....relax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Dobry

Hi who is going to HRTA on this Saturaday ???

I wanna to try my rifle but i've never play airsoft in dublin...

whooooosssssaaa.......damn its not working. I won't buy the orange ones ive paid to much for my kit to destroy it..
    Il get some bbs from the lads on saturday...

CTU_Agent wrote:
    whooooosssssaaa.......damn its not working. I won't buy the orange ones ive paid to much for my kit to destroy it..
    Il get some bbs from the lads on saturday...

Good man. You'll also be supporting the community doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Might head over tomorrow. Is it going to be a normal day or will we be setting up bases etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Please post when you are "oficially" opening HRTA2 so i can be there again, like HRTA1.

Cheers
    LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

H.O.T.A.S. wrote:
    Might head over tomorrow. Is it going to be a normal day or will we be setting up bases etc?
    Look at it like this; Time spent at HRTA is never wasted, especially when you're starting off like I am. There is a lot I need to learn about the care and feeding of an AEG. And dropping some preconcieved notions about what works and what dosn't.
    That and the fact that there is a big arsed field to shoot outdoors in, only makes it better.
    And if one has to throw together a couple of pallets. - That's fine with me.;)

Could Somebody tell me, where i can get information who going tomorrow to play ??

generally right here, im hoping to go Sunday, cant make saturday. Can someone advise if sun is a go? Also can someone at HRTA confirm if I can rent/buy and battery on site?

PS I will bring my toolbox and give a digout.

Dobry wrote:
    Could Somebody tell me, where i can get information who going tomorrow to play ??

Well there isn't a definitive list, but there is usually 20-45 people at HRTA on saturday. While the new site is not 100% complete, games can still be played (like the games in the small field in HRTA 1)

Directions/map from the old HRTA to the new one can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54122012&postcount=2147

GPS Coords:
    N 53' 32.310
    W 006' 14.956

CTU_Agent wrote:
    generally right here, im hoping to go Sunday, cant make saturday. Can someone advise if sun is a go? Also can someone at HRTA confirm if I can rent/buy and battery on site?

PS I will bring my toolbox and give a digout.

No batteries for sale. But you can rent an AEG. Paul, or someone else might be able to loan you a battery, but no guarantees I'm afraid.

What type of battery is it? Large, mini, crane etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

All going well should be there for 12pm tomorrow

No batteries for sale. But you can rent an AEG. Paul, or someone else might be able to loan you a battery, but no guarantees I'm afraid.

What type of battery is it? Large, mini, crane etc.

Mini 8.4 v, is sunday a go?

The story is like this way that i've never been there. I'm asking for help, do somebody going there from dublin, i can meet with him for example in city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Well I'll be heading up from the bog (well, Newbridge) to lend a hand with construction or whatever need doing tomorrow...:)

I wont be going through the city centre but if I can give anyone a lift anywhere I'd be more than happy to help.
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement