Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

The Band of Hawks will be there tomorrow to lend a hand or even play a game .. who knows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Dobry

Ok in that case where is game tomorrow on HRTA 1 or HRTA2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Guys if anyone is heading to HRTA tomorrow and is going through the city centre could you hit Dobry up with a PM and maybe meet him in town, he has put up a couple of posts now and seems to have been ignored, where's the airsofter solidarity.

Thanks N.O.I.P., I appreciate that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

CTU_Agent wrote:
    Mini 8.4 v, is sunday a go?

Sorry, I have only the large type batteries. I would have given you a lend of one.

I have no idea about sunday, but I imagine it's business as usual.

• Advertisement

No problem man I'd meet up with you myself but I've got something else on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dobry wrote:
    Ok in that case where is game tomorrow on HRTA 1 or HRTA2 ??

HRTA 1 is no longer used as far as I know.

Sorry I can't provide a lift as I'm biking it to HRTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Love to help out tommorow, still havent seen the new site yet, but stuck in work all weekend again:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Guys if anyone is heading to HRTA tomorrow and is going through the city centre could you hit Dobry up with a PM and maybe meet him in town, he has put up a couple of posts now and seems to have been ignored, where's the airsofter solidarity.

PM sent to Dobry.
    I can detour via city. Anyone else just pm me before 9:30am sat.

Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

PM sent to Dobry.

Aidan.

Goodman defenderdude ;)

• Advertisement

PM sent to Dobry.

Aidan.

Kudos man I owe you a beer :cool:

Thx defenderdude, i'll give you a call tomorrow about 8-9

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

might be headiing just need a lift ,can any one change a spring for me

CANCEL THAT NO SPARE CASH TO SKIRMISH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Please post when you are "oficially" opening HRTA2 so i can be there again, like HRTA1.

Cheers
    LB
    i am open,but it's a big site, and it's going to take time to set it up, and a lot of prop's to fill it.

Originally Posted by CTU_Agent
    generally right here, im hoping to go Sunday, cant make saturday. Can someone advise if sun is a go? Also can someone at HRTA confirm if I can rent/buy and battery on site?
    i can rent you a battery ctu,i've had no calls for sunday, so i dont no!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When youve filled the site with props please let me know so i can get like 5 of us out playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

First time skirmish last saturday. It was really great and gotta say a big thank you to all who made myself and a few other newbies very welcome.:D

Still cant get over the embarresment of bringing sambo's to a bbq. My wife laughed her head off:o :( and she made me take them!!!:mad: :p

Note to self:
    (hide sambo's in pockets and eat in a ditch... then grab a burger!)

Very, very enjoyable & fantastic day - esp for a geriatric like myself:D

Thank you one 'n all:D

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

How did the games go after lunch? Had to go due to battery and time constraints. The first two were pretty good worn out after them. Lunch went on a bit too long even Paul said we need to turnround quicker enjoyed myself though and it is now good to be able to put faces to names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

After lunch we played two games of a scenario where a bomb had to be picked up and deposited in the opposing team's base, the bomb had to be carried by two players at a time and both teams were going for it. It was a fun scenario, a bit of a faster pace than the mornings games, and the fact that you had to move the bomb encouraged people to keep moving a bit more instead of getting dug in and camping.

Overall I'm liking the new site, I think it's going to be deadly when there's more stuff up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

First time skirmish last saturday. It was really great and gotta say a big thank you to all who made myself and a few other newbies very welcome.:D

Yep my first proper skirmish as well on Saturday. Thanks to all who made us feel welcome. I had to bail early after the first two games.

If all goes well I'll be there again next Sat and I should have more than one mag for my G36 happy days :D

Good to meet you on the day Defenderdudude and CPB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I should be along next saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Hi all,

does HRTA insist on full face protection or will a pair of "sunglasses" type eye protection suffice?

Wanna buy some sort of protection but dont wanna be wasting my money either...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

"Full face masks are required to participate in events on the field - Goggles are not acceptable, please do not ask - There are no exceptions. Rental masks are available at €1.00 per day. If you do not have them. "

oh....sorry about that...:o

For CQB full face masks are required. For open field eye protection is required. However given that the new site will be organised differently, the rules may be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fetch

Currently eye protection is allowed except in CQB but I would advise you to get a full face mask... an AEG at or under 1j isnt going to do too much damage but you could be in danger of chipping/losing a tooth... best to pay out now for a full mask with anti-fog lenses than paying out 10 times more for dental work... having said that I dont follow my own advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

People have lost teeth there, from range, and even without losing teeth, getting a split lip or cuts/welts on your face isn't exactly pleasant. I'd say go for a full face mask unless you're willing to put up with being left bloody from getting hit in the face. Basically once your eyes are protected you'll be allowed play but it's at your own risk.

Spetzcong wrote:
    People have lost teeth there, from range, and even without losing teeth, getting a split lip or cuts/welts on your face isn't exactly pleasant. I'd say go for a full face mask unless you're willing to put up with being left bloody from getting hit in the face. Basically once your eyes are protected you'll be allowed play but it's at your own risk.

Chipped a tooth actually. He didnt lose the whole thing... and it was pretty funny.

But yeah, CQB, face masks make sense.

2 people have chipped teeth actually. And in case its not obvious you will not be allowed play with a AEG over one joule. Onsite testing does occur

Boston wrote:
    2 people have chipped teeth actually. And in case its not obvious you will not be allowed play with a AEG over one joule. Onsite testing does occur

A tooth hit at the right angle will chip with a lot less than 1 joule of impact force.

However, if you are stupid enough to be beaming your pearly white grin at the enemy while he is pi55ing BB's downrange at you then I have no sympathy for you what so ever. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I caught a burst from an MP5 in the back of the head (blue on blue) at about 4-5 feet range and it made a good job of making **** of the back of my head. Took an hour or 2 to stop bleeding fully. I could feel where each BB had left a small crater in my head and where a few had hit together a bigger deep cut was made. Took about a week to heel.

I've seen a couple ND's the couple of time iv been up there so its advisable to wear eye proection as much as possible even when you feel safe!!

• Advertisement

Well, accidents do happen no matter what you do. It just goes to show that its a good thing we have the 1 joule rule.

Mind you, someone riddling you close range, full auto and a blue on blue incident ... I would have had "choice" words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement