Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

ambro25 wrote:
    Ah, c'mon guys, this ain't rocket science... Just play a few war film DVDs as 'Research Material', and Google up tactical deployments :D

good plan
    next you'll want a bootcamp !
    learn by doing
    this is a game ie : fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I think the trick is for someone who's experienced or tactically aware to take charge of teams during the game and to actually lead. Any of the games I saw getting bogged down into a camping match mostly came from a lack of strong leadership, new players might be unsure of what to do to an extent, but having orders shouted at them should help to clear that up. If the games are set up with scenarios that encourage team work and tactics then that's great, but a good leader and a decent plan is going to be a huge asset to a team even in a simple scenario.

some good points, but watched a game last week were the 'leader' stayed in a base camp 'shouting' orders .leader = lead
    FUN ....FUN....

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Each team member should have defined roles. Experienced members should have lead roles. By lead i mean giving the orders, Leading by example, Being decisive and being able to communicate under pressure.

Common military positions include the Point Man, OIC, Assaulters, Grenadiers, and Rear security.

I think this months AI mag covers team formations....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Well boys I think this whole "tactics" thing is a spiffingly good idea, what what. I say we march right up and give Jerry a bloody noise and whatnot! Then we'll be back at base for tea and medals by high noon! Tally hoe chums!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Who's going this weekend?
    I'm hopeing to be there with some new stuff to
    shoot you all with:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

CTU_Agent wrote:
    Each team member should have defined roles. Experienced members should have lead roles. By lead i mean giving the orders, Leading by example, Being decisive and being able to communicate under pressure.

Common military positions include the Point Man, OIC, Assaulters, Grenadiers, and Rear security.

I think this months AI mag covers team formations....

Most of the experienced teams will organise the others like above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

airsoft game's are all about team work, leader,s, planing, tactics, roll playing, that what made you get the gear in the frist place, and that's why airsoft got so populer.

ps, a bad plan is better than no plan at all,
    evey thing you do in life is a plan, getting up for work, getting a bus, or what ever you do from day to day it's all a plan in your head and you are so used to doing it you dont plan it any more, until some thing upset's your plan's and then you have to make new plans, and this is where must get upset because they now have to make a new plan's, so this is the way you need to be thinking with your plan's, and dont forget the what if plan if your frist plan isnt working you have to have your what if plan and so on,
    i'll give you the frist bit of my plan for the day when ever one come's to hrta i look at ever body, and look at how they gear up so i can see that thay are good so far at planing or not, so when a game is in play the one's that need help a long the way i will help and doe's that dont need any help, and i have had some of the players give out to me on this for giving away tactics on team's, but that is what planing is all about,
    so all way's have a plan, and your what if plan, and dont forget your back up plan,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

whydave wrote:
    good plan
    next you'll want a bootcamp !
    learn by doing
    this is a game ie : fun

Do you play any collective sport without reading up some about the rules beforehand? :rolleyes: :p

I ain't suggesting that watching BHD (e.g.) is gonna make anyone Delta-grade material, nor that they must be Delta-grade material or do 100 pressups everyday to enjoy airsoft. But it might give the viewer a slight idea about how & why units move, something to build upon "by doing" - as opposed to no spatial/tactical awareness whatsoever.

But hey... don't mind me: if all you want to play is BB fodder, don't let me talk you out of it :D

On with the show...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Last day I was there there were lots of chiefs and few indians, people generally want to do their own thing or else stand around and discuss doing thier own thing. Some tactics and leadership would go along way to making it more fun. There were alot opf people there for the first time though that day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Are rentals available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Maybe some kind of buddy system would be a good idea. Teams and experianced players could sign themselves up for it and new players at their request could be assigned to one of the experianced players for the days gaming. The experianced players job would be to stick with the new player on the game field and train them in how to move between cover effectively and when to move rapidly (a common problem that most new players have is always trying to stick to cover at the expense of pressing the opposing team) When to engage and when not too (just because you can see a target doesn't always mean you should fire) Situation and teammate awarness. Trigger control.

The new players job would be to make a concerted effort to listen to what they are being told and remember everyone enters Airsoft with false preconceptions, everyone! If a new player doesn't like being told what to do, don't enter the buddy system, ego's get in the way. This system would be a good resource for teams as well, a buddied new player may show the right stuff for your team.

Communication is the biggest road block between some new and old players. My team have all known each other for a very long time, ego's are kept in check, communication is fluid and commands are obeyed, usually :p We do want to increase our numbers but only with players who will add to the team, not take away from it. I think this system could be a big help with that.

My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

okay, considering i got lost in my living room, has anyone got a muppets guide to getting to hrta 2?

and no the directions on hrta website are not good enough...before someone points me there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

No directions but it looks like it might be easier to get to from Lusk rather than Swords. I'd say go to Lusk with a copy of the Map CR put up and get cab the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

all depends on if you're driving or not

have a look on google maps and make your own directions i reckon

also, this should really be in the hrta thread, ill merge it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH kd I think it might be an idea to get a sticky up with directions to the various skirmish sites springing up (3 now at this stage) as its a complete pain in the gonads to trawl through this mega thread to find directions to the new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

indeed, fair point, there are directions to the old hrta in the newbie thread actually, must update them

Right lads,

I'll be turning up to HRTA on Saturday (if I can find my way there) and I'll be collecting membership forms should you have them.

You have been warned!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Drove there last week it not too hard to find, past the old Hrta and take your first right travel straight until you get ballybougal, in the village after the x roads the is phone box and recycle bins on your left and a yellow building on your right take the road to the right here and clock 1.5miles then turn left down a lane and you will find Hrta2 on your right, lads in camo gear will be a dead give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

gandalf wrote: »
    TBH kd I think it might be an idea to get a sticky up with directions to the various skirmish sites springing up (3 now at this stage) as its a complete pain in the gonads to trawl through this mega thread to find directions to the new site.

+1 Tis a good idea alright. Just after trailing the thread trying to find co-ords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k, since drogheda is a bust for me tommorw,(can only get car for the morning)
    i'll see you there tommorow, if i can find the place, think i know where i went wrong last time,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

It is approx 2.4km after the yellow house/pub.

anyone offering lifts from city center or swords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

anyone offering lifts from city center or swords?
    City center at around 10 - 10-30. - Good enough?

City center at around 10 - 10-30. - Good enough?

Spot on man, brilliant. Pm'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well thanks for a great day today, not too sure how many were there but there was a good turnout...more then 20 anyways....

great site with really great potenital. if paul even gets 40% of what he is planning, it will be a fabulous place, as good as any in europe.

some really good games as well, some amazing kit as well. skate had a vfc ak...stunning piece of kit...nearly a shame to use it...i missed fiach as i wanted to annoy him over the new ak's he reviewed...bugger...

by the way i found a large type battery there in the base camp on the left as you look down the field (is that the hawks camp?) handed it in...so if you didnt get it already...its with paul

yep great day hope all had a good time
    hope you enjoyed contractor catering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Yes very good day. I'm too tired to write any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

A pistol and a scope found. I should get little gold stars.

• Advertisement

Anyone gaming on Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement