Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    No problemo, I kinda forgot yours too :rolleyes:
    its Mariel

Big thanks to all the guys who didn't single me out and make jokes
    Its a tad intimidating to join when I'm the only girl, but everyone made me feel equal :D
    (sorry about the cheese:p)

I think the book is a good idea, so if there are repeat offenders then Paul can have a word with them, and we'll know by their second report that they are up to something. Otherwise one warning could happen by mistake of judgement.
    But we do need arm bands to distiguish teams (or else some poor misguided person, not naming names might shoot their own team members again):o

Its Ronan, ;)

Glad you had fun. Dont worry about blue on blue ... happens to the best of us.

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed it. I have to say I enjoyed it too even with all my guns crapping out on me. There's a lot more options during a game at the new site and that lane is a killzone :D

Your AK, an M4, an L96 sniper and a Glock 23 .... you were 'effin jinxed on Saturday mate ...

... like a lot of us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Glad you enjoyed it. I have to say I enjoyed it too even with all my guns crapping out on me. There's a lot more options during a game at the new site and that lane is a killzone :D

jeeze dude thats a bummer...

whats the v iew on the unicorn or was that one of them that broke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Your AK, an M4, an L96 sniper and a Glock 23 .... you were 'effin jinxed on Saturday mate ...

... like a lot of us. :D

Yeah and my last P226 mag blowing an O ring :mad: We fixed the L96, it just needed the bolt clamp adjusted. I opened my AK and found the problem, I guessed right, the nylon 66 bushing has started to shred, the gear timing has been knocked out. The fuse blew too. I have to go to Maplin to get the fuses, they're automotive ones and a new set of 7mm titanium heat treated bushings are on the way from Hong Kong. Now I'm gonna have to retime the gears *sigh*

jeeze dude thats a bummer...

whats the v iew on the unicorn or was that one of them that broke?

The Unicorn gearboxes are dirt. I'm putting a TM gearbox in as soon as my next order arrives, needs a 1 joule spring. My VFC broke on Saturday, the Unicorn took a dump after 300 rounds first time I used it in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Bit of a long shot this, but is there a 100 round TM Glock 18c mag and speed loader in the HRTA lost&found, or did any1 else find it per chance! Been missing a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Just a note on the Bang Kill.

It is a courtesy, so if i were you i would always take it.
    However if i offer you a bang kill and you don't shout hit i will riddle you.
    This is the best way to approach it.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »

Agreed

The Unicorn gearboxes are dirt. I'm putting a TM gearbox in as soon as my next order arrives, needs a 1 joule spring. My VFC broke on Saturday, the Unicorn took a dump after 300 rounds first time I used it in a game.

oh christ dude thats a friggen bummer...what battery was in it? fairly scary after 300 rounds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Would that not be a deliberate point blank shot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

hoplite wrote: »

Well it's not like the person getting shot wasn't given the choice of taking the hit. If someone is standing pointing an AEG at you and asking for your surrender and you don't take it, well then you can't really complain. In saying that though if you're left no other choice than to shoot someone at close range then perhaps limiting it to semi and definately limiting it to body shots would be the best plan.

Not sure we should be shooting point blank under any circumstances. Better to walk away and take it up with a Marshal after the game. Mind you you'd probably get riddled in the back as you walk away so you cant win :)

oh christ dude thats a friggen bummer...what battery was in it? fairly scary after 300 rounds...

I had an Intelect 9.6v stick battery in it but that wasn't the problem. The teeth on all 3 gearboxes selector arms are miscast, after a bit of working the selector switch they slip the teeth completely and the gun can't fire. The only thing to do in that case is take out the gearbox and reset the teeth. Since this is a continual problem that could happen each time you move the selector the gearboxes are useless. Also the gearboxes aren't even fused, they're missing the adapter section of wiring with the fuse installed. I get the impression these gearboxes are CYMA ones that didn't pass inspection in the factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

hoplite wrote: »

NEVER shoot point blank.
    If the other person disagrees then call a marshal

NEVER shoot point blank.
    If the other person disagrees then call a marshal

Agreed apologies if I misinterpreted your original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Youd be the dude with the bandana, dark glasses and the ak with gp 30? That was a nice set up, till it jammed mid game :(

The lanway was a bit crazy allright. I just "went for it" at one point and dived into the ditch right next to the mound. 3 bb's into the top of the head took care of me :eek:

Had a brilliant game around the houses outside. The yellow can game, i managed to knock out around 5 and stay alive till i poked my head out the window and 2 lads in the lane opened up through the ditch. Im not sure if i was hit cause i dived back and fell over, but BB's were hoping all around over and under me. If i had stood back up i woulda been nailed anyways :p

I had an Intelect 9.6v stick battery in it but that wasn't the problem. The teeth on all 3 gearboxes selector arms are miscast, after a bit of working the selector switch they slip the teeth completely and the gun can't fire. The only thing to do in that case is take out the gearbox and reset the teeth. Since this is a continual problem that could happen each time you move the selector the gearboxes are useless. Also the gearboxes aren't even fused, they're missing the adapter section of wiring with the fuse installed. I get the impression these gearboxes are CYMA ones that didn't pass inspection in the factory.

is that true for all 3 of them ? if so that pretty shoddy by gunner...

Yep all 3 gearboxes are in the same state. The body of the AKSU is great with just a little work but you'd want to be only buying one with a view of replacing the gearbox outright.

Yep all 3 gearboxes are in the same state. The body of the AKSU is great with just a little work but you'd want to be only buying one with a view of replacing the gearbox outright.

So you are saying buy one and rip the guts out, jam in high end Sytema or decent TM parts and she's ready to go?

Exactly. It's a two minute job to replace the gearbox, just remove the bolt in the grip, undo the two bolts on the hop up, push it forward and slide the gearbox up and out. If you can get a TM gearbox it'd be worth it but I don't know anywhere that sells them seperate. I wouldn't go with the price of a Systema gearbox because all in you'd be looking at about $400 for that and the Unicorn, you could get the VFC AKSU for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Was debating this with a few guys up north:

If you bang kill you give them the chance to surrender by saying hit and walking back with marker in the air. BUT, are you or are you not allowed to refuse the bang and attempt to hit em with a quick spin around? I think you are allowed to refuse to stop someont 15ft away trying it but this other guy said you had to take it. Just wanna clear it up.

Bang kill one on one is the same as a hit. End of story. If someone 'refuses' a bang kill from me, they will not be offered one again. I've come within two feet of lads 3 times, most recently this Saturday. The only thing I want to hear after I say bang is a thank you. Tbh Lethal_Bullet I don't really care if you think you can refuse a bang kill or not, I won't be offering yea one. My concern is that you will open up on someone at close range rather then give them one.

Fiach Dubh: Any chance of putting together a thread on the troubleshooting forum about your thoughts on the Unicorn maintenance issues. Its fairly interesting, but will be lost in this massive thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Lads Im sorry but you's are missing the point about a bang kill. You MUST take it, regardless of how indestructable you might think you are. The fact of the matter is and I dont give a $h1t if your too proud to admit it, but if someone could sneak up and give you a bang kill, then they COULD have just already shot you.

The only reason they didnt shoot you is outta politeness. So the fact is if someone says bang to you then they couldve easily sprayed you BEFORE they said bang, so just take your hit and walk away. Its to stop people getting injured and thats it. Its a rule, live with it. And Lethal, come on man, just cop on and play by the rules. Take your bang kills and respawn, its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Exactly. It's a two minute job to replace the gearbox, just remove the bolt in the grip, undo the two bolts on the hop up, push it forward and slide the gearbox up and out. If you can get a TM gearbox it'd be worth it but I don't know anywhere that sells them seperate. I wouldn't go with the price of a Systema gearbox because all in you'd be looking at about $400 for that and the Unicorn, you could get the VFC AKSU for that price.

If recommending this kind of thing it would be cheaper to get the d-boys Kalash which looks is solid as a rock, far better built than the unicorn that gunner spewed out only half arsed done. Then change the internals on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Harekin wrote: »
    Lads Im sorry but you's are missing the point about a bang kill. You MUST take it, regardless of how indestructable you might think you are. The fact of the matter is and I dont give a $h1t if your too proud to admit it, but if someone could sneak up and give you a bang kill, then they COULD have just already shot you.

The only reason they didnt shoot you is outta politeness. So the fact is if someone says bang to you then they couldve easily sprayed you BEFORE they said bang, so just take your hit and walk away. Its to stop people getting injured and thats it. Its a rule, live with it. And Lethal, come on man, just cop on and play by the rules. Take your bang kills and respawn, its not the end of the world.

agreed

and to be honest, anyone who sneaks up on me in the middle of a game has my respect, not that i have superman hearing or anything, but it's very difficult to get that close to someone without making noise

padmundo wrote: »
    If recommending this kind of thing it would be cheaper to get the d-boys Kalash which looks is solid as a rock, far better built than the unicorn that gunner spewed out only half arsed done. Then change the internals on that.

I do agree that the DBoys is a much better deal for the money, although it does need some work i.e. the mag catch. The reason I went for the Unicorn is because it's full steel, the DBoys has more steel on it then the CYMA but it still has a lot of alloy.

Warning to anyone though that the DBoys Kalash is firing hot, very hot, 400 fps! Don't order it unless the dealer can downgrade the spring before shipping.

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    (I won't say what power to obey forum rules)
    you can say what power, as long as it's in the context of "it needs to be downgraded before being shipped"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

1.5 joules afaik.

Grand KD, I edit the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Boston wrote:
    The only thing I want to hear after I say bang is a thank you.

You'd be lucky. All I ever seemed to get for mine were "f*ck this" and "f*ck that" :D

• Advertisement

well, i have been known to say bastard when someone gets a hit on me i wasnt expecting, but always in a light hearted manner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement