Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

since it sounds like the ESB is going to go on strike...and power could be hit on friday...you might want to consider charging some batteries a wee bit earlier if you plan on playing on saturday...not the best i know...but there you have it.

assuming your talking about the power station at moneypoint, i doubt a strike there is going to affect the entire power grid for dublin? although i could be immensely wrong here...

Gatling: all well and good having a generator onsite, but you can only charge so many batteries at once :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Gatling wrote: »
    hope contractor catering are on site this week ,its look like its going to be a cold one

not sure if the catering will be on-site, but if so and it's cold, I have it on good authority that there'll be stew, so bring a spoon or similar stew eating type device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

just thought about that after i posted Kd ,:o:o:o

Stew shall bring a spoon and a bowl thingy ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Whats the crack with Monday? Is it open on da Bank holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Would be nice if it was open on monday although id be seriously debating going seening as im gonna be drinking from fri to sunday early monday:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    Whats the crack with Monday? Is it open on da Bank holiday?

last bank holiday i think paul said he would open if the numbers are there for it, not sure if he did open though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

ah okay. Im coming off weekend work so I was hoping to wnader out for a game or two and check out my new toys.
    Id say Ondafly would come out also as we were wondering what the story was!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

kdouglas wrote: »
    last bank holiday i think paul said he would open if the numbers are there for it, not sure if he did open though

He did indeed, although there were only 7 of us down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'll be there with two newbies. Anyone up for giving a lift from swords to two people?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd be interested in a skirmish on bank holiday Monday.

• Advertisement

Can't get rentals so scratch the need for a lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

I'd be up for a monday skirmish, if numbers are good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Anybody know if HRTA is open the weekend of the toys4big boyz show? Cause I know he's doing a demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Crave wrote: »
    Anybody know if HRTA is open the weekend of the toys4big boyz show? Cause I know he's doing a demo.

Shhh...This could be another big secret:p

Yeah, The Ghosts and Contractors are doing a demo. Shiva's got a stall and a minivan to keep it stocked and I suppose Paul will probably have a tent too. If he does then HRTA will have to be closed, but the weekend afterr will be mayhem with loads of noobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'll be at HRTA to collect forms again tomorow. If you have them, please fill them out and bring them along - do not forget a copy of your ID.

Thanks.

Great day today ,the new portacabins make for some entertaining games roll on next week

Gatling wrote: »
    Great day today ,the new portacabins make for some entertaining games roll on next week

Did they put in the new cabins in the game zone??? Ohhh, if they did, we'll have to get down again soon.

The site is really coming along. The addition of the few cargo containers was night for a bit of CQB.

who had a camera yesterday ? are the pics getting posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I had the camera. I'll be getting the pics up soon.

• Advertisement

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    I had the camera. I'll be getting the pics up soon.

Hurry'dup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I'm uploading them to my Photobucket now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

Shhh...This could be another big secret:p

Yeah, The Ghosts and Contractors are doing a demo. Shiva's got a stall and a minivan to keep it stocked and I suppose Paul will probably have a tent too. If he does then HRTA will have to be closed, but the weekend afterr will be mayhem with loads of noobs!

who tells you this...

who tells you this...

Bout the demo, Shiva. And the status of HRTA is a supposition.

slow to start this discussion on an open forum but whats the view on having mandatory testing of all new AEGs at HRTA? I think given some of the more recent incidents something like this will have to start happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Boston wrote: »
    slow to start this discussion on an open forum but whats the view on having mandatory testing of all new AEGs at HRTA? I think given some of the more recent incidents something like this will have to start happening.

Why what happend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Boston wrote: »

What do you mean about chronoing all new aegs?

Rew: Its not really appropriate to get into specifics.

Evolute: Like at predator, where all Airsoft guns which hadn't been used on the site previously where chrono'ed

Obviously this is paul's call, I'm just curious as to how others feel about it. Personally I'm very much in favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

If there is any possibility that a device may be exceeding the legal limit it must be tested in the chronograph and the player responsible should be either warned verbally or ejected from the site where such a device is found to be in breach of the rules.

There should be no exceptions.

In reality though, time, logistics and the interest of getting a game started these things sometimes become less and less important - especially where people are used to one another and their kit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

In reality though, time, logistics and the interest of getting a game started these things sometimes become less and less important - especially where people are used to one another and their kit.

Let everyone else play while their chroning. Anyway there was plenty of staning around time the last time I was there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement