Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Interesting that this is mentioned.
    The Hawks are putting together a plan which includes safety briefings and mandatory chronographing which we are meeting with Paul to propose it be enforced at HRTA. This brings me to another question:

What would you say are the 10 Golden Rules of Airsoft?
    E.g.

1. Eye Protection must be warn at all times in the Game Zone.
    2. Chambers must be cleared and magazines removed before entering the Safe Zone.
    3. All Airsoft toys must be chronographed.
    4. Leave the temper at home ...
    etc, etc, etc,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Sounds good Dr P.

Can i just say point number 4 seems to be a bit of a problem with a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Sounds good Dr P.

Can i just say point number 4 seems to be a bit of a problem with a lot of people.

Yes it is. Sometimes though you will be a bit pissed if someone comes up behind and bang kills you.

I know form experiance that ive cursed when someones gotten me good but it isnt aimed at them. Im just annoyed that ive let someone sneek up on me like that.
    OR in pauls case when hes run outta bbs and runs madly at you and bang kills ya :p

Oh and the idea of chronoing every new AEG is a great idea because ive heard alot of people say that someones AEG is shooting over the limit and then theres a bitching fest over it. But with the chronoing this is eliminated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Evolute wrote: »
    Oh and the idea of chronoing every new AEG is a great idea because ive heard alot of people say that someones AEG is shooting over the limit and then theres a bitching fest over it. But with the chronoing this is eliminated

Every new AEG is normally chrono'd at HRTA, however the problem arises where the same AEG made by the same manufacturer is being chrono'd with different fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Interesting that this is mentioned.
    The Hawks are putting together a plan which includes safety briefings and mandatory chronographing which we are meeting with Paul to propose it be enforced at HRTA. This brings me to another question:

E.g.

2. Chambers must be cleared and magazines removed before entering the Safe Zone.
    etc, etc, etc,

You have to take a bang kill. I'd also go as far as to say a bang kill is only a bang kill within something like 5 feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Is there only one chrono there?
    I mean it might be possible that if we have our own to bring em along and help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

5. Semi-auto only within 10 feet.
    6. No blind firing!

Dar wrote: »
    5. Semi-auto only within 10 feet.

Seems rational enough, but theres a few situation where someone comes up on you by surprise and you just react. For instance a lad came running around the corner of a blue container literally right across me. I didn't have the presence of mind to say bang so instead he got 3 into the lower body. If you're going to have golden rules they have to be set in stone no exceptions or interpretations.

Boston wrote: »
    Seems rational enough, but theres a few situation where someone comes up on you by surprise and you just react. For instance a lad came running around the corner of a blue container literally right across me. I didn't have the presence of mind to say bang so instead he got 3 into the lower body. If you're going to have golden rules they have to be set in stone no exceptions or interpretations.

TBH I think bang rules should only apply if you have complete surprise/concealment. A bang kill in the heat of the moment only leads to arguments. Better to just pop them once in the chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well doesnt Paul have a lot of these already...or did i miss something really obvious?

http://www.hrta.ie/6.html

• Advertisement

Note: If someone offers me a bang kill in the situation you described above I would take it. I just think its better all round if you just shoot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dr_Pepper wrote: »

E.g.

etc, etc, etc,

agree with 1 and 3 , id add no aiming of guns in the safe zone / eating area ,
    but that seems to be a newbie thing,
    3 should be strictly enforced,before something serious happens,

bang kills have got popular lately ,has been nearly 20 by my count in 2 saturdays , some were observed ,some caused problems,

this should be a team effort if changes need to be made ,a rep from each team or a group should sit down and have a thinktank ,
    and voice everybodys concerns

Can we take it you don't agree with 2 and 4? I don't really see how there can be any argument against 2, while 4 I agree is needed. As for what makes this different from pauls already set rules, thats for Dr pepper to answer but I'd imagine these rules would be to type of thing every regular would be expected to enforce. Paul has openly said in the past that anyone seeing someone in the game area without eye protection on is free to point out to them their in the wrong.

Even if you consider rule 2 to be a 'newbie' rule, how can you expect newbies to obey it if none of the regulars do?

Airsoft is growing faster and faster. If we really expect the sport to mature we need the regular players to not only follow the rules but also help make sure the newbies do as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

I really think 3 is a good idea, especially after seeing what happend last weekend, but who can keep track of all the AEG's?
    Unless each weapon is checked each morning/afternoon, or there is some sort of system that catalogues each AEG.

i fully agree with all the above points ,i just pointed out 2 of my concerns,
    at the end of the days paul makes the rules he should enforce his rules , ok he has 50 things to be doing on most days ,we as players have to be vigilant for each other saftey ,if you have to be constantly imforming ppl that they are breaking rules .or disagreeing hits, not hits,bang kills,out of bounds ,games wont work ,it could end up stop start situations,
    speaking out of bounds id love to see clearly marked boundries , posted before each game on large maps so everybodys know whats in and whats out,
    head shots outlawed full stop

Gatling wrote: »

Unfortunately if someone is using cover effectively the only shot you'll have on them will be a head shot, so I think banning head shots is a step too far. However, it should be expected that players would use some common sense and not riddle someone in the head at close range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Even if you consider rule 2 to be a 'newbie' rule, how can you expect newbies to obey it if none of the regulars do?

Since the move to the new site this rule has been enforced to the point where I can think of only 2 or 3 times I have seen it ignored.

The way most of Pauls cover is setup, there are a lot of times when only a headshot is presented. If you choose to not wear full face masks, you should accept the risks involved.

I'm not saying that you should go around aiming for the head deliberatly all the time and there have been plenty on times I have not bothered shooting just because of things like glasses, range and open mouth that come into effect. But a open ban on head shots will just cause needless arguments.

Unfortunately if someone is using cover effectively the only shot you'll have on them will be a head shot, so I think banning head shots is a step too far. However, it should be expected that players would use some common sense and not riddle someone in the head at close range.

i understand that ,but my experiance last saturday was taking 3 full auto blasts to the head(ok i wear a full face mask) after i called the original hit stood up hand raised and weapon at my feet ,almost lot the plot to be honest totaly uncalled for,
    or ppl firing from inside the lane out on to the main field when no clear shot is visible

Ok it looks like i need to clarify a few things.

No.1
    The reason why were are making these 10 commandments is a joint decision by us players and Paul from HRTA. The Rules spread out to 3 pages and make for difficult reading. Yes they are the full versions however we need 10 rules of thumb. Common sense does apply in most cases.

No.2
    As for Chronographing .. just like we saw in predator a marshall will test the AEG and write down its owners name with model and serial no. This way we can keep track.

No.3
    In relation to headshots let me put it this simply.
    If Hivemind (why you ... ill let you decide :p) is wearing a fullface mask and i shoot him in the face then he will not feel pain.
    If he is only wearing glasses then he shall.

Full face masks were made for a reason.
    IF you chose not to wear one then its your fault if you get shot in the cheek.
    Also with the addition of the containers i.e in the Ghosts base camp then ricochet is another worry for people without adequate protection for their face.

So in closing i'd say go for the largest part of their body.
    If the head is all you have to hit... then take the shot.

No.4
    In relation to close range & bang kills.
    Guys does getting hit at short range really hurt "that" much?
    Personally i hate the idea of a bang kill as i can easily put one in the guys back and his point man would have no idea where i am so i can repeat.
    Bang kills give away positions but if you use common sense and use a single shot and put it where most of his padding / tactical vest is then i dont see the problem.
    BB's dont hurt that much.

No.5
    Blind firing is NOT acceptable.
    Gatling in your situation i would have walked up to the guy and asked him who he was firing at.
    When someone blind fires they have no idea where they will hit.

• Advertisement

I also took several hits to the face after calling hit. This is where rule 4 comes into play, and you need to keep a level head. We're not talking about precision target guns here. Theres no reason to believe that just because you where hit in the face that someone aimed for your head. Getting hit in the face doesn't mean you can loose it with someone, and tbh banning something which you can't actually prevent from happening will just create an impression that someone is right to loose the head.

As for paul enforcing the rules, you have to remember that paul is just a member of this community who happens to have a site which he uses to allow us enjoy the sport. This isn't his job, he relies on other members of the community to make it work.

Hopefully we'll have a much larger marshal presence in the coming weeks. In situations like that, it's better to go straight to a marshal who can then issue a warning to players acting the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Won't someone please think of the children!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

I would just like to address one problem and propose a solution. I have on many occasions seen AEG's loaded and in use etc. in the safe zones and I think a borrowed solution from Paintball is the best solution. No AEG's in the safe zone, there is no need for them. AEG's should be left on a gun rack outside the safe-zone, like in (as far as I know) all paintball sites. I mean all you do is leave the AEG outside and bring in your mags, reload and on going back to play collect your AEG and away you go, safe and sound! Racks like these:
    gun_rack_h_copy.jpg
    gun_rack_v_copy.jpg
    portable_gun_rack2.jpg
    For arriving and stuff you just have to insist that the players AEG's are put straight into the safe zone. There should also be a table there for people to change batteries and work on their AEG ie. repairs.
    Think I've addressed everything I wanted to
    What you guys think?

cant have 2 rules for anything ,face mask ok riddle the head,no mask think before you do it , my point was 3 full auto blasts to the head hands in the air calling hit ,just remember lenses can only take so many hits before you either change them or risk them breaking ,its yes head shots in or no head shots cant between the two,
    the person who riddled my self didnt do it on purpose , id never say that .but it proves ppl arent paying attension to what there doing,

As regards tempers, yea, leave them at home, but there are situations where you will get p!ssed off at people, it happens in the heat of a game, but remember to walk away from it and if you have a problem with a persons actions, take it up with them (or a marshall) after the game when you have a clear head

Guys the rules clearly state
    "we discourage shooting at the head, neck and groin areas. No participant may intentionally shoot at any other participant's head or face. Repeats will be removed permanently for the day without refund"

However with long distances, close quarters, surprise and ricochet then these will happen.
    So its up the the individual to reduce the risk to their face.

Crave wrote: »
    I would just like to address one problem and propose a solution. I have on many occasions seen AEG's loaded and in use etc. in the safe zones and I think a borrowed solution from Paintball is the best solution. No AEG's in the safe zone, there is no need for them. AEG's should be left on a gun rack outside the safe-zone, like in (as far as I know) all paintball sites. I mean all you do is leave the AEG outside and bring in your mags, reload and on going back to play collect your AEG and away you go, safe and sound! Racks like these:

For arriving and stuff you just have to insist that the players AEG's are put straight into the safe zone.

Agreed, once the safezone is completely netted off, this would work, the obvious exception here is in the morning and afternoon when people are loading/unloading all their gear, but once games have commenced and during lunch, then yea, leave them on a rack

Crave wrote:
    There should also be a table there for people to change batteries and work on their AEG ie. repairs.
    Think I've addressed everything I wanted to
    What you guys think?

There is a workbench in the back of the office, paul and mel are the only ones who are allowed access, and myself when i am working on someone's aeg (which is most of saturday morning most weeks), of course if you want to work on your own aeg, just ask paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

How is that possible? I mean the aegs aren't great accuracy, and this is not walk in a park, the players do have all protection (eyes, head) so it shouldnt be a matter where do you get hit, once you are in the skirmish site you shouldnt be moaning because it comes in a package.

• Advertisement

its not possible to ban head shots, its just not gonna work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement