Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

If you cant take the head shots wear a helmet and mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Guys the rules clearly state
    "we discourage shooting at the head, neck and groin areas. No participant may intentionally shoot at any other participant's head or face. Repeats will be removed permanently for the day without refund"

liamo333 wrote: »
    If you cant take the head shots wear a helmet and mask.

that says it all really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

People are shooting projectile equipment at you. You are going to get hit. If you can't handle getting hit in the head, wear a full mask. If not? Then that's the risk you take. You can not gaurentee that at least some of a burst will not strike the head, airsoft equipment just isn't that accurate.

Having said that, there are such things as acting the maggot. That's what the marshals are there for. My two cent worth is to take the hit, cool down, and deal with it through the marshals later on if you still feel it's worth it.

its getting warm in here or is it just me,
    the whole point is being missed on what i posted earlier,
    not everyone are wearing proper eye face protection,
    how many ppl wear pc glasses bought in woodies/b&q with no side protection or undereye/nose where a bb could ricoquet off something and hit an eye,
    you will find the numbers are fairly high,
    when the worse happens then what, who is to blame the guy shooting at another players face or the player who decides not to wear proper eye face protection,
    for a sport that involve's firing projectiles, ppls menalitys towards saftey has to make you wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

The measures being proposed by Pepper et al are precisely to define and clarify such issues as these and to ensure such misunderstandings are avoided. As regards the head shots, it's actually counter productive for the most part - not only is it discouraged as Pepper pointed out in the rules, but tactically it's not a good idea.

Why aim for a small 8-12 inch object with an inaccurate airsoft weapon, when you can aim for the much larger central mass of the body with a much greater degree of getting the hit. The fact is most people don't aim for the head, it's too small, it moves too quickly and at the end of the day most guys aren't that accurate a shot. It's not counter strike where you can line it up with a precise pixel cursor. People aim for a big target when they can.

Sure there are times when only the head is visible and it's the only shot you have, but even then you are unlikely to hit it. Most times if you are hit in the head it's a un/lucky shot without malice. Take proper precautions, wear the proper safety gear, play with better tactics and it won't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Gatling wrote: »
    its getting warm in here or is it just me,
    the whole point is being missed on what i posted earlier,
    not everyone are wearing proper eye face protection,
    how many ppl wear pc glasses bought in woodies/b&q with no side protection or undereye/nose where a bb could ricoquet off something and hit an eye,
    you will find the numbers are fairly high,
    when the worse happens then what, who is to blame the guy shooting at another players face or the player who decides not to wear proper eye face protection,
    for a sport that involve's firing projectiles, ppls menalitys towards saftey has to make you wonder

If thats the case, then point these people out to paul or a marshall next time, they shouldnt be playing without proper eye protection, a bb should not be able to reach your eye no matter what obscure angle it came from

yeah as if, wouldnt be worth getting burned over,im not a marshall and i dont intend to be , all i done was show concern for other ppls safety , and from what i read on the last posts ,nobody else is bothered , so everyman for himself ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Looks like my ESS profile goggles landed just in time :D

They'll stop shotgun pellets at 30ft! Handy for peeking over crates ;)

Eye safety is serious and as a former wearer of PC shades I'm glad I now have some
    eyewear I can depend on. Milspec goggles are hardly necessary a good mask
    and goggle set from any of the reputable airsoft retailers does the job nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

yeah as if, wouldnt be worth getting burned over,im not a marshall and i dont intend to be , all i done was show concern for other ppls safety , and from what i read on the last posts ,nobody else is bothered , so everyman for himself ,

Hey man i think your getting this wrong.
    As i said just below the rules

"However with long distances, close quarters, surprise and ricochet then these will happen.
    So its up the the individual to reduce the risk to their face."

I completely agree with ya.
    If you go out its your responsibility to have proper eye/face protection. BB's will go astray and its up to you to protect yourself from it.

However deliberate head shots are not on when you can hit other areas.
    But mistakes will be made.

what's after bugging me ,Dr Pepper is we are a community ,skirmisher,collector's .gear posers , but when it comes down to safety ppl dont seem to be bothered ,points range from things need to be changed to why do we need to worry about saftey it you get hurt ,its your own fault ,i dont just mean on the boards but at skirmishes aswell , the idea of bbs cant hurt is so wrong , caution is a key word , il gladly speak out when it come's to ppls safety , if im taken up wrong il clarify any statements i make ,if im wrong il apologise ,
    10 golden rules are going to be hard if nobody can agree the basics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

kdouglas wrote: »
    If thats the case, then point these people out to paul or a marshall next time, they shouldnt be playing without proper eye protection, a bb should not be able to reach your eye no matter what obscure angle it came from

Exactly and in all fairness guys if you dont wish to be hit in the face dont play because ill be the first to admit it ive been gotten with numerous head shots and ive gotten numerous people with them sometimes there unavoidable when only a head is visible.
    Also if someone jumps out of a bush in front of you the fright you dont aim you just shoot or bang kill if their close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ok guys, i direct your attention to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YIKL8pyo8 i will not risk that kind of damage when i start skirmishing and i don't think anyone else should either, i intend on getting decent goggles very soon

"Airsoft cause real bullets hurt " LOL

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

I'am Sick Of Saying This, I Have A Set Of Rules For My Site, They Work, If Only Every One Would Only Fallow Them, There Are No Misunderstandings With, Saftey, Airsoft Equipment, Head Shots, Safezones, Tempers, So All I Can Say Is Read Them And Fallow Them,
    We Are A Over A Year Airsofting Now, If I Have To Keep Pointing Out The Rules To Every One Every Weekend, What Hope Has Airsoft GOT In Ireland, It's Up To Us All, Or Will I Be Still Pointing Out The Rules For The Next Year And So On.

nonex wrote: »
    I'am Sick Of Saying This, I Have A Set Of Rules For My Site, They Work, If Only Every One Would Only Fallow Them, There Are No Misunderstandings With, Saftey, Airsoft Equipment, Head Shots, Safezones, Tempers, So All I Can Say Is Read Them And Fallow Them,
    We Are A Over A Year Airsofting Now, If I Have To Keep Pointing Out The Rules To Every One Every Weekend, What Hope Has Airsoft GOT In Ireland, It's Up To Us All, Or Will I Be Still Pointing Out The Rules For The Next Year And So On.

True as this is, writing the rules down is not enough.
    People seem to come along read them once and think thats it.
    And then your left dealing with the situations when they arise.

I had my cousing over last week and although i tried to explain everything to him he couldn't believe that we didn't have a safety briefing. He saw it more as a bunch of guys who met in a field.

I believe that currently Safety is not being actively addressed.
    What i am proposing are simple steps for all airsoft sites.

1. Safety Briefing each morning.
    2. Face Protection checked.
    3. AEG's chrono'd.
    4. Clear ZONES marked and easily displayed on a MAP.
    5. Regular Marshals
    6. Reserved Radio channel to contact a marshal
    7. 3? (not sure what number really) strikes and your out

Although the Rules are 100% correct we need to enforce them.
    E.g.

2. Eye protection must set securely against the face. No gaps that a 6mm pellet could pass through may be present.

This is definitely not being checked and there are others.
    With the steps i mentioned above this will enforce the already "concrete" rules.

If you agree or disagree please quote the point and make your case.
    If airsoft is not seen as safe and that we take every precaution to prevent injury then we are in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I certainly believe that there should be a safety briefing before the events start.

In any event who is going this Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You need a safety briefing before each match since people tend to arrive throughout the day. I think its up to the regulars to give it as well. Paul's put up the rules, most of us are well aware of them, so I see no problem drumming them home to the new people.

Boston wrote: »
    You need a safety briefing before each match since people tend to arrive throughout the day.

Well there are only 2 start times each day.
    1 is at 11am and the other is after lunch.
    So 2 briefings will be enough, however when people arrive late they will need to wait for someone to give them the safety briefing. No briefing = no playing.
    This might also encourage people to turn up on time.

On another note.
    Why is it up to the regulars to enforce this kind of stuff.
    Im sick to death of hearing how we the community should enforce it as we are lucky to have a place to skirmish. Personally i think this is total bollox. If we were playing for free then perhaps.

If i go to mondello and bring my car with me for a track day i still get a safety briefing along with the rest. I do not want someone out on the track without proper safety and they won't be allowed!!! So i think this is definitely the responsability of the site owner.

However i have no problem helping out.
    But its should not be a requirement of the players, but of the site owner.

Because to a large degree it is a bunch of lads out in a field. Its certainly right that site safty is the site owners responsibly, however its in all our interest that everyone plays safe.

Because to a large degree it is a bunch of lads out in a field. Its certainly right that site safty is the site owners responsibly, however its in all our interest that everyone plays safe.

So it is the site owners responsability and if someone beaks the rules who should eject them from the site?? The owner.
    So far everything falls on the owner except that as the players we should follow the rules. Which is why they are rules. Which is a given so not needed to point out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

I Have To Keep Pointing Out The Rules To the regular players, not the new players thats what i'am sick of, and then the new players see the regular players breaking the rules, and then they start breaking the rules, and none of the regular players can say that i did not pull them on the rules at some time, as i all ways am, it's the regular players that keep breaking rules, i'am sorry to say.

new players all ways get a safety briefing when they arrive for the frist time, and i all ways call them to one side and do this, it's when a new player comes a long with a regular player they dont come to me.

BOUNDARYS (the site did not get bigger or smaller it still the same boundarys)
    The active battle zone boundaries are designated . No participant may move outside the perimeter of the active battle zone. Participants that travel out of bounds during play are automatically eliminated.
    Participants may not shoot through the boundaries into other areas of play.

as for geting AEG's chrono'd i wont say a thing, just read the law on that one.

(and may be this rule)
    Trash must not be left in the battle zone, on the chronograph & target range or in the staging or parking areas. Please
    place all trash in the appropriate trashcans located in the staging area.
    local laws apply.

nonex wrote:
    I Have To Keep Pointing Out The Rules To the regular players, not the new players thats what i'am sick of,

So put some punishment in place.
    Your rules state people get 1 warning and then ejected so if it happens this often then why isnt it enforced?
    nonex wrote:
    BOUNDARYS (the site did not get bigger or smaller it still the same boundarys)
    The active battle zone boundaries are designated . No participant may move outside the perimeter of the active battle zone. Participants that travel out of bounds during play are automatically eliminated.
    Participants may not shoot through the boundaries into other areas of play.

And yet people still ask the quesiton.
    A map would help greatly.
    nonex wrote:
    as for geting AEG's chrono'd i wont say a thing, just read the law on that one.

Right so are we going to do this or wait for someone to sue someone else for shooting them with a firearm? Its not a big deal to chrono the aeg's.
    I personally volunteer.
    nonex wrote:
    (and may be this rule)
    Trash must not be left in the battle zone, on the chronograph & target range or in the staging or parking areas. Please
    place all trash in the appropriate trashcans located in the staging area.
    local laws apply.

This goes without saying really. Come on ppl common sense does apply.

So it is the site owners responsability and if someone beaks the rules who should eject them from the site?? The owner.
    So far everything falls on the owner except that as the players we should follow the rules. Which is why they are rules. Which is a given so not needed to point out.

Ok, I'm not talking about enforcing rules as in ejecting people. If I see someone with their mask off I'll tell them, if I see someone out of bounds I'll tell them, if I see someone sticking a gun around a corner and blind firing I'll tell them, and if I see someone not taking a hit for whatever reason (on my team ) I'll tell them. I think they're things every player should be doing for the benefit of the game. We'ed need a lot of marshals if people didn't.

Ok, I'm not talking about enforcing rules as in ejecting people. If I see someone with their mask off I'll tell them, if I see someone out of bounds I'll tell them, if I see someone sticking a gun around a corner and blind firing I'll tell them, and if I see someone not taking a hit for whatever reason (on my team ) I'll tell them. I think they're things every player should be doing for the benefit of the game. We'ed need a lot of marshals if people didn't.

Thats fine as in you may need to tell the newbies but as nonex says he has to tell regulars too. So how do we get ppl to listen first time? RULES with consequences. Thats teh only way.

Thats fine as in you may need to tell the newbies but as nonex says he has to tell regulars too. So how do we get ppl to listen first time? RULES with consequences. Thats teh only way.

every action needs to have an equal reaction,

boundries arent clearly marked or explained most games ,

no point having one marshall saying this is in when another will say its out,

uniformity needs to be achived so all players and marshalls are on the same page

every action needs to have an equal reaction,

boundries arent clearly marked or explained most games ,

no point having one marshall saying this is in when another will say its out,

uniformity needs to be achived so all players and marshalls are on the same page

Very much agreed.
    That why i suggested a MAP.
    And hence the suggestion of the 10 golden rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

The fact of the matter is that we have been just a group of guys in a field for the last year, and things have been fairly lax. The problem is that, with new players coming down every week, this is no longer sustainable.

We have to implement some structure now or we will all pay for it down the line. Either we self-regulate or we will be regulated.

The responsibility for this lies not only with site owners, but with any player who wants to see the sport of airsoft survive.

We are self regulating. The rules for the site are there. They just need to be followed.

Crave wrote: »
    gun_rack_h_copy.jpg
    gun_rack_v_copy.jpg
    portable_gun_rack2.jpg

What you guys think?
    Nice idea, but who is going to leave their valuable equipment lying around? Who is going to take responsibility for policing it?
    The safety off, mag out rule should be enough to prevent accidents, and taking responsibility for your own gear should prevent damage or theft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

So who is going this Saturday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement