Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Nice! We better get back on topic or Oisin or KD will bonk us on the head :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it is on topic, we're talking about what we are bringing with us to HRTA

I suppose so. I'd like to see a review of it after you've skirmished with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i'll do my best.
    You can touch it up if you like at hrta.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Nice! We better get back on topic or Oisin or KD will bonk us on the head :p

Bonk :p

• Advertisement

i'll do my best.
    You can touch it up if you like at hrta.

Cheers, I haven't fondled an AEG that isn't mine in months :p

kdouglas wrote: »
    Bonk :p

Damn, I forgot to wear my Anti-mod bonking balistic missile armour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

How many of you are going this saturday?
    Probably bringing IAA forms with you and newly purchased toys etc.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

hay lads Simon here some may know me some may not anyhow first post in the HRTA thread, Keith theres a thread on the main airsoft and paintball page called CA36 OR CA36K cheak it out man when u get the chance its the guns i was thinking about thanks, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    How many of you are going this saturday?

I'll be dropped off for a half day... :eek: I know ... Long long overdue, and wouldn't miss the Zimmer's first outing for the world, but October right through to Xmas is proving to be an absolute socio-logistical (family visits from FR and UK) nightmare for me this year :(

Symptom of how bad a nightmare: I've had the SIG for weeks now, it's not even fired one BB yet (triple :eek: ... and triple :o to boot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ambro25 wrote: »
    Symptom of how bad a nightmare: I've had the SIG for weeks now, it's not even fired one BB yet (triple :eek: ... and triple :o to boot)

on that note, finished ample free...'s upgrade this evening, would definitely recommend it

@Lacertus: saw that earlier but forgot to reply, will check it out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

thankys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

was thinking of going on sat myself for the first time, i think ill only be able to make a half day and im just wondering if theres particular times to show up on and what to do etc, another thing, how many bbs would ya use in a typical days skirmishing and does HRTA sell bbs? i have about 3000, cant see myself using that many in a day though depends on how trigger happy i am on the day.,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

10.30 for first game around 11.00 in the morning.

2.00 for the afternoon.

If you've got your own gear these times aren't as important, because you won't need to grab Paul, who could well be busy, to get your rental gear.

Personally I don't tend to go through more than about 3000 or so bbs on a full day, but it does depend on how much you shoot and also sometimes on what kind of games you play, i.e. long defence games with infinite respawns = lots of shots fired. Paul sells bags of 5000 for €15 anyway so you won't run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Looking to head out this Saturday. Hopefully the weather isnt as bad as it currently is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Well my m249 finally arrived Monday and the gearbox is in peices on my table so if its built and working by Saturday then I'll be up. Must try out my new m9 as well. And tac vest. And my TM m16A2 after changing to a metal body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

I'll be there, bar alien abduction or death!

(and being able to find my way there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Should be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

If this bloody chest infection clears up, I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Strike that attendance, have to work this week-end :(:mad:

And don't give out, I've already received the word from the Missus about it :cool:

Who wants to grow up... F*ck! F*ck! F*ck a duck!

• Advertisement

anyone know if the directions on the HRTA website are correct or are they the old ones?
    http://www.hrta.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

They are the correct ones.

oh right., cheers, im entering the Satnav coordinates and its telling me its on the south side near the N81., I must be entering this wrong or something.,.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mr.Magoo2007

hi guys
    don't suppose i could bum a lift of someone coming from the southside(in particular sandyford area) could also meet up with someone in city center
    mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Shall be up today with ACW and Spitfire
    Can't wait to try out my new M4!
    it's gonna be raining though, so waterproof ot up guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Argh my brother decided to attempt to replace the air nozle on his g36 and completely screwed it up so we might not make it this week unless we can fix it in the morning and go for a half day :(

btw apologies for any miss spelling or anything.... been up for about 24 hours now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Damn i wish i was at hrta right now :( Had a brilliant night, this would top it off beautifully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

just back from a half day with conor_mr2. We were teamed with Ambro/gandalf/ctu_agent and couple of others (i was the guy with the mp5 with blue duct tape on the magazine ;) ). 4-1 on the old capture the flag game was great =)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have a suggestion, and please dont flame me for trying to tell paul how to run his business, cause i'm not.

Many companies do concessions for students and i was thinking of something similar for HRTA. I was thinking about it cause my brother is thinking of stopping because of the cost of playing. Yes, it is great vaue in comparison to Paintball but with a limited budget the cinema can be a more pocket friendly option. BBs are very resonable with €15 a bag(Basically 7.50 a day if your conservitave) but then theres €25 walk on. Yes, with a 9-5 job thats very little but with pocket money....

Think about it in the long term. If you can keep younger players now when they get a job they'll be able to pay full rates regularly. If you look at the UK they have(well now the VCRA is in i dunno what the story is) a very big proportion of young guns. And for the sport to survive you need us. Airsoft here needs more players, the teens of today need exercise, its win win.

So, my point after that rant is that i think a concession walk on rate for under 18s could be benefitial to HRTA and the sport in this country. Please just consider it, thats all i ask.

Cheers,
    LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

ondafly wrote: »
    just back from a half day with conor_mr2. We were teamed with Ambro/gandalf/ctu_agent and couple of others (i was the guy with the mp5 with blue duct tape on the magazine ;) ). 4-1 on the old capture the flag game was great =)

oh yes..and capture the flag we did...quite a few times...Good days play.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement