Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

As a potential skirmisher in my 30s I know my mates and myself would prefer if
    we weren't out shooting kids half our age. Decreased student/schoolkid rates
    could change the age profile by reducing the average age of players on site
    drastically. If pushed I know we'd rather drive a further distance to a site
    if we knew it wasn't a creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As a potential skirmisher in my 30s I know my mates and myself would prefer if
    we weren't out shooting kids half our age. Decreased student/schoolkid rates
    could change the age profile by reducing the average age of players on site
    drastically. If pushed I know we'd rather drive a further distance to a site
    if we knew it wasn't a creche.

They dont have a problem in the UK with 12 year olds playing. I'm talking bout 15,16 and 17 year olds. And whats more. One of the Airsoft Internation Reporters(Very experienced player) said the National Young guns day had one of the best atmospheres ever. If i can find the article I'll scan the relevant parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Hmmmm, concesions for under 18's.....concesions for students....what then? Concesions for people on temporary lay off from work? I allways wondered at the student concesion thing. I know a mature student doing a phd and between dole,a few hours work a week and his grant it divides out too quiet a large sum every week. More than some people on minimum wage in fact. So im not really one for the idea :D

However a membership thing would be a good idea. Or perhaps if you pay for 10 days skirmishing at once u get a €5 off each day and have to use the days within a certain timeline? Meh!

Sorry, correction:

This would be under 18s only, students/schoolchildren was just a point i was making (eg.Dublin bus).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

or have non IAA members pay x amount and the peeps that joined get a discount.,? that way the non members are the type that would be more likely to go once every now and then if even at all whereas the IAA members would tend to be regulars.,

was a good laugh up there today and I met a few of ya from here., Shame i didnt get to use my G36 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Had a great day today. Some brilliant games of capture the flag, great teamwork. The new M14 performed very well shame the battery in it didn't. The only issue is I am limping around now with a torn calf muscle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Ouch! How did that happen?

<snip> Edit your post before a mod bans you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just made the afternoon bs session and 3 soggy games ,the bs was a bit of a laugh,
    as for an earlier post on concessions im on disability dont hear me moaning about not being able to afford to play,you can pick up 3000bbs for under E7 ,get a paper round

Well not exactly my fault though is it, I specifically bought irish for peace of mind and the problem will be rectified asap.,;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote: »
    Had a great day today. Some brilliant games of capture the flag, great teamwork. The new M14 performed very well shame the battery in it didn't. The only issue is I am limping around now with a torn calf muscle!!

yep was a great day...right good laugh...pity about the weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

<snip> Edit your post before a mod bans you.

please leave the moderation to the moderators, if you wish to bring something to our attention, use the report post button

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I have a suggestion, and please dont flame me for trying to tell paul how to run his business, cause i'm not.

Many companies do concessions for students and i was thinking of something similar for HRTA. I was thinking about it cause my brother is thinking of stopping because of the cost of playing. Yes, it is great vaue in comparison to Paintball but with a limited budget the cinema can be a more pocket friendly option. BBs are very resonable with €15 a bag(Basically 7.50 a day if your conservitave) but then theres €25 walk on. Yes, with a 9-5 job thats very little but with pocket money....

Think about it in the long term. If you can keep younger players now when they get a job they'll be able to pay full rates regularly. If you look at the UK they have(well now the VCRA is in i dunno what the story is) a very big proportion of young guns. And for the sport to survive you need us. Airsoft here needs more players, the teens of today need exercise, its win win.

So, my point after that rant is that i think a concession walk on rate for under 18s could be benefitial to HRTA and the sport in this country. Please just consider it, thats all i ask.

Cheers,
    LB

we've had this issue about younger players before and the consensus was that alot of older players dont want to be running around with a big group of kids, decreasing fees for under 18's is only going to encourage larger groups of kids, and frankly why the hell should you pay less than us? live within your means, if you want to play airsoft regularly, go get a part time job or ask for more hours if you already have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

that bloke spoon was lookin real rexy today,dont you think?

oh the blonde in the acu ,yeah she was looking good

Gatling wrote: »

LOL......

(waits for girls n guns discussion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

no me...the tall bald guy in acu......haa u like girls

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Ouch! How did that happen?

I think the being crammed in two planes and flying for around 13 hours caught up with me. Happened in the lane when on DEFENSE!! with Fall. We had that lane tighter than Richard Gere with a couple of Gerbils about !!!

Fall I actually enjoyed the weather meant I got to wear my fashionable poncho :D

Gatling wrote: »

Naw if she was in Marpat, OD or Tigerstripe yeah but not Sofacam.

no me...the tall bald guy in acu......haa u like girls

i like

No i LOVE Women :D:D:D:D
    edited back on topic ,

the girls of hrta are very sound and gifted war corespondents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

gandalf wrote: »
    I think the being crammed in two planes and flying for around 13 hours caught up with me. Happened in the lane when on DEFENSE!! with Fall. We had that lane tighter than Richard Gere with a couple of Gerbils about !!!

Fall I actually enjoyed the weather meant I got to wear my fashionable poncho :D

:D Class!

kdouglas wrote: »
    please leave the moderation to the moderators, if you wish to bring something to our attention, use the report post button

Oh, god. really screwed up today...Better retreat to my box for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Great morning games!
    Again good to put a few names to faces etc. Great to meet Gandalf, CTU_Agent, Ambro and the other guys.

Good teamwork also with us on the CTF stuff.

Left as the rain came in and by god isnt uit just lashing rain out there now!

@Gandalf , man that must hurt like hell! Lucky you had that green poncho to keep you warn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Better retreat to my box for a while.

Try using this tactic as a preventative measure. :p

Also sorry for not being there guys, i woke up late and my car wouldn't start.
    Stupid starter motor would not turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fantastic day out. Really great fun:D
    Soaked to the skin but what the hell - oh boy the bones are gonna creak tomorrow (reaches for the anti-inflammatory pills, cod-liver-oil:eek:)

Thanks all!!!:D:D:D:D:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

First really rainy game for me. Quick tip: NBC suits SUCK at keeping out the rain, how they prevented chemcials getting in I'll never know.

Cheers Alvin T for the lift.

First really rainy game for me. Quick tip: NBC suits SUCK at keeping out the rain, how they prevented chemcials getting in I'll never know.

I dont think heir designed to have cheicles literally "rained" ontop of them, then again a cheap army might use really crap missiles that are just big plastic jugs of chemicles........hmmm....this isnt making any sense is it?

(scratches head.....)feck it im getting some wine

I actually didnt come out all that wet at all., and i was only weating a hoodie.,lol, ny boots where soaking though but it didnt get through to me feet.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Arcto wrote: »
    I dont think heir designed to have cheicles literally "rained" ontop of them, then again a cheap army might use really crap missiles that are just big plastic jugs of chemicles........hmmm....this isnt making any sense is it?

(scratches head.....)feck it im getting some wine
    I wouldn't you were almost coherent twords the end there......

• Advertisement

I wouldn't you were almost coherent twords the end there......

Its too late for me! svae yourself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement