Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Ohhh. Thats brilliant. Cept...I dont have a car, HowTF do i get there? They're all outside the city i think....Urban might be possible. Where'd you go?

Also, only played PB once(in france), would they take me?

I work in crossfire. Some people get the bus but i get a lift. Its only 10mins away from my house by car, 20 if you cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You know, I have a car and I get the bus to work. Or I used to cycle. Fancy that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stepgrif

Hi Guys,

I hoping to head out the HRTA for the first time on Saturday, will there be many there?

I’ve read about a 100 threads over the last few weeks so I think I’m fairly well prepared, but all advice welcome. I’m gonna get someone to shoot me on Friday so I’ll know what to expect (I’m expecting a good few deaths on the first day). I’ll be on my lonesome so I hope it’s not just fixed teams.

Also, I have an elaborate plan to get me from Celbridge which involves Bus, Train and Taxi so if anyone has any advice on that please let me know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

my advice is,
    dont expect to find it easily.,lol,
    besides that yeserday was my first time and i didnt get hit once, if your bringing your own AEG might be a plan to run it in a little before you get there in case its a bit over the limit coz you wont be allowed to use it, there rentals there aswell though,
    aside from that, dont have your gun loaded in the cabins etc, (i wasnt told this at the time but its common sense really), and you wont feel left out, was ok for me and there was another first timer there aswell,

stepgrif wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I hoping to head out the HRTA for the first time on Saturday, will there be many there?

I’ve read about a 100 threads over the last few weeks so I think I’m fairly well prepared, but all advice welcome. I’m gonna get someone to shoot me on Friday so I’ll know what to expect (I’m expecting a good few deaths on the first day). I’ll be on my lonesome so I hope it’s not just fixed teams.

Also, I have an elaborate plan to get me from Celbridge which involves Bus, Train and Taxi so if anyone has any advice on that please let me know.

I would advise maybe putting out a request for a lift from swords village. Odds are even a taxi drivers might have trouble finding the place and it could cost you a fortune.

I would offer you a lift but my car is always full. If we end up taking 2, which is likely I will send you a pm.

As for the Hrta, you make friends on the field. Its so much better that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

oh the blonde in the acu ,yeah she was looking good
    Erm...right:confused:

Not sure if I'll be going this weekend, really depends on the weather
    Felt a bit of a waste hiding in the portacabin for half the day yesterday!
    Just until I get some waterproofs

Lethal I've had a summer job every year since I was twelve, you just gotta hand in your CV into smaller shops and hope for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Giz? He was talking about KD:D

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I would advise maybe putting out a request for a lift from swords village. Odds are even a taxi drivers might have trouble finding the place and it could cost you a fortune.

I would offer you a lift but my car is always full. If we end up taking 2, which is likely I will send you a pm.

As for the Hrta, you make friends on the field. Its so much better that way.
    vtec wrote: »
    my advice is,
    dont expect to find it easily.,lol,
    besides that yeserday was my first time and i didnt get hit once, if your bringing your own AEG might be a plan to run it in a little before you get there in case its a bit over the limit coz you wont be allowed to use it, there rentals there aswell though,
    aside from that, dont have your gun loaded in the cabins etc, (i wasnt told this at the time but its common sense really), and you wont feel left out, was ok for me and there was another first timer there aswell,

Thanks for the advice guys, hope I see ye there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'll more then likely be getting a taxi from swords village next Saturday if anyone wants to split it.

Boston wrote: »
    I'll more then likely be getting a taxi from swords village next Saturday if anyone wants to split it.

Hi Boston,
    My crazy plan involved a taxi from Lusk, but i can do Swords village. Are you going through the city and what time you planning on a taxi in Swords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

"Sorry " Giz waitress another slice of Humble pie

Hi Boston,
    My crazy plan involved a taxi from Lusk, but i can do Swords village. Are you going through the city and what time you planning on a taxi in Swords?

Well I'd be getting the bus to swords from lower abbey street @ 9am approx. If Lusk is closer for a taxi I can get the train to there.

Boston wrote: »
    Well I'd be getting the bus to swords from lower abbey street @ 9am approx. If Lusk is closer for a taxi I can get the train to there.

Google put Lusk at 7km and Swords at about 12km, plus i think the Train is faster:

Tara St: 09:33
    Lusk Station: 10:05
    HRTA: 10:30 (google puts it at a 15 min journey)

I’ll send you a pm during the week and we can arrange a place to meet

Giz? He was talking about KD
    But KD was wearing Multicam, hence the confusion :rolleyes:

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    But KD was wearing Multicam, hence the confusion :rolleyes:

So..... just to be sure on this.

If we refer to the hot blonde, its KD? Do we have to say why?

yeah thats another thing about HRTA, its not even in swords is it? i remember reading that it was in swords and that what really confused me when i was looking for it, a friend of mine lives near it and his adress is donabate.,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gizmodeon its SPOONS fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

krazy_8s wrote: »
    So..... just to be sure on this.

If we refer to the hot blonde, its KD? Do we have to say why?

should i be worried?

kdouglas wrote: »
    should i be worried?

Well I am.

should i be worried?
    Just don't bring your butless chaps to HRTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This thread is now taking a worrying turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

indeed, back on-topic...

weather is getting a bit crazy out there, personally i think longer games would work better in the wet weather, at least then you dont get so pissed off walking back to the safe zone to reload all the time between games and you'll carry more ammo with you when your out there, opinions/suggestions for improving winter games at HRTA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'd like to see longer games, and more interesting scenarios, like where there's a realistic objective, rather than just take the base or capture the flag (not that those games aren't heaps of fun). But something like rescuing a stranded team, or a hostage rescue or taking out anti-aircraft guns/strong points in sequence or something. I guess it does very much depend on numbers etc, but if I'm going to be out in the field for a longer game I'd prefer it to feel like I was working towards something rather than just an incredibly long battle just for the sake of it (not that that doesn't sound fun too, but I'd say it'd get old)

Google put Lusk at 7km and Swords at about 12km, plus i think the Train is faster:

Tara St: 09:33
    Lusk Station: 10:05
    HRTA: 10:30 (google puts it at a 15 min journey)

I’ll send you a pm during the week and we can arrange a place to meet

Do you have a GPS device? I've been to HRTA2 several times and I can direct from ballydoughal (or whatever its called) but I'm not to sure about the opposite direction. GPS would make it alot handier.

kdouglas wrote: »
    for improving winter games at HRTA?

Proper ski lifts and some snow blowers to even out the slopes.

I felt the short games were a bit too short on sat
    No time to play in the lane either, which is mad in the rain!
    Also running in that mud isn't a great option, you'll just end up on your arse

One of the many portacabins can hold whatever spare BB's people want to bring with them to stop all the distracting walks back to camp every time

Also I'd like to comment about some ejit on my own team who shot me from the window of the portacabin while I was in it, bang kill would suffice next time!

Well we could use the bases to set up camp at the start of the day and remain largely in those teams. That was paul's original plan as far as I remember.

how about a few barrels around the place and could light a fire in them a/ for light, it gets dark very early these days, b/ for effect and c/ for everyone to hang around when were freezing our jewels off., not sure if the legality of lighting fire in a barrell but i presume it would be fine?
    could also use barrells for making cover etc.
    Maybe a few small holes in the side of the portacabin (enough to get a rifle through) on the battle field so that snipers could hide in it while attacking the other team, as it is the windows are an advantage to the team shooting in the north (i think) direction but the ones going the other way have to either come out behind it or out the front door.,
    Maybe a few old banger cars (I can get 2 i think) and that bus in the middle would be great for snipers!.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    One of the many portacabins can hold whatever spare BB's people want to bring with them to stop all the distracting walks back to camp every time

Yea good point. I bring a bottle of BBs with me and just leave it at the base.

I'd like to see longer games also.
    <Chartercheck--this is ok to talk about?, I checked charter?>What about a countdown alarm with a siren or something to simulate a Disarming scenario. Attacking team has to get in and disarm it before time runs out and we hear the siren and perhaps they have to get intel on what code is needed or wire to cut?</Chartercheck>

• Advertisement

maybe even knocking a few holes in the portacabins for snipers?
    If that would be ok with nonex of course

I say we set up camp at the portacabins down the feild, maybe a few people can donate crappy old chairs for people to sit down and it will encourage people not to go back to the safe area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement