Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

maybe even knocking a few holes in the portacabins for snipers?
    If that would be ok with nonex of course
    yeah thats what i was sayin, would be good, could also get a load of tires to make better positions, Shoud be able to get the old ones from tyre shops for free,

EDIT:
    or we could have a few pistol only battles, that way we'd have to get pretty close to each other to get kills, I say this just as i fixed my hi cap AEP mag., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I still havent used my vsr or my mk23 in anger yet!!
    Some sniper scenarios and cqb pistol onlys would be very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    Yea good point. I bring a bottle of BBs with me and just leave it at the base.

I'd like to see longer games also.
    <Chartercheck--this is ok to talk about?, I checked charter?>What about a countdown alarm with a siren or something to simulate a Disarming scenario. Attacking team has to get in and disarm it before time runs out and we hear the siren and perhaps they have to get intel on what code is needed or wire to cut?</Chartercheck>

I don't know why that would be against the charter, that seems like a great idea for keeping a game flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    maybe even knocking a few holes in the portacabins for snipers?

There's already a "hole" in the portacabin (the one each team is after for CTF games).

Admittedly, it only offers a very limited FOV... but it's there, if you look hard enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

vtec wrote: »
    how about a few barrels around the place and could light a fire in them a/ for light, it gets dark very early these days, b/ for effect and c/ for everyone to hang around when were freezing our jewels off., not sure if the legality of lighting fire in a barrell but i presume it would be fine?
    could also use barrells for making cover etc.
    Maybe a few small holes in the side of the portacabin (enough to get a rifle through) on the battle field so that snipers could hide in it while attacking the other team, as it is the windows are an advantage to the team shooting in the north (i think) direction but the ones going the other way have to either come out behind it or out the front door.,
    Maybe a few old banger cars (I can get 2 i think) and that bus in the middle would be great for snipers!.,lol

i like the idea of the fires in the barrels, would add an interesting effect when it starts getting dark in the evenings :)

however i dont think it's a good idea to have holes which are just big enough to fit a rifle through, this gives an unfair advantage to the defending team, you should at the very least be able to shoot through it from the other side

• Advertisement

Yea good point. I bring a bottle of BBs with me and just leave it at the base.

I'd like to see longer games also.
    <Chartercheck--this is ok to talk about?, I checked charter?>What about a countdown alarm with a siren or something to simulate a Disarming scenario. Attacking team has to get in and disarm it before time runs out and we hear the siren and perhaps they have to get intel on what code is needed or wire to cut?</Chartercheck>

no reason for that to be against the charter, but does anyone want to build a replica of the LOST bunker? :D

haha, yeah that would be good, the paintball place in kart city has good bunkers there, theres one particular part where you hide in a tire and the only thing they can hit is your head and that dont count.,lol my team held the fort for 20mins until i was the last man left and i held it for another 10 mins, little did they know i had run out of ammo long before then.,lol

Hehe!

I thought something like this would be pretty sweet
    http://www.denkimono.com/timer/

A timer woud be no problem to make, could do that with a car alarm siren an egg timer or alarm clock., :)
    as for the holes in the portacabin, i see what you mean KD, maybe even have some wood palats at the sides of it to even the odds a little, as it stands i think the team heading north has 4 positions if they have the bunker and the other team only have 2-3 proper ones if they take the cabin.,

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

The problem with trying to organise two teams for the day is that people never show up on time. Constant arrivals mean the teams have to be constantly rebalanced to keep some semblance of equality.

As regards setting up camp out on the field, this really has to be done. 4, 5 people going back to the safe area to reload every round really eats up time. Maybe even having a portacabin halfway between the play area and the safe zone where people can dump spare ammo, equipment, etc. would do the trick.

Afaik there will be some new windows cut into the portacabins and containers, and the bus will be out as soon as the top windows are covered. This + some extra cover at the side of the ghost base should give us a lot more options, tactically speaking.

• Advertisement

I just reloaded in the cabin on the battle field, too lazy to walk all the way back to the safe zone.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

kdouglas wrote: »
    no reason for that to be against the charter, but does anyone want to build a replica of the LOST bunker? :D

Dibs being locke and eventually destroying said bunker

What about sandbags? They should be pretty straight forward to fill and lay out.

What about sandbags? They should be pretty straight forward to fill and lay out.

yeah and could make them out of those annoying recyling bags, they keep sticking bundles of them in our letterbox, Surely there doing more damage to the invironent but making so many of those things.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

vtec wrote: »
    yeah and could make them out of those annoying recyling bags, they keep sticking bundles of them in our letterbox, Surely there doing more damage to the invironent but making so many of those things.,lol

At the moment, most of them are scams. They take the clothes etc and send them to eastern Europe where they sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

It's certainly lacking in empty drums - in fact, not enough metal altogether in the field yet (sound so much better, when ye're cowering behind it :D).

A small area with 10-15 drums reasonably close to one another, arranged in a check-pattern, kinda like a "speedball-type lane" would be cool... :cool:

theres a recycling centre near my house in town and I'm sure you'd find some interesting stuff in there to use for the site, and I doubt they would charge for taking it away aswell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kdouglas wrote: »

No, but wer could build the hatch, then rig it with a Claymore and tell noobs its the objective:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

some great ideas there, in fact really good ones.

on the sniper holes, i agree they need to be a bit bigger, if they are too small the possibility of a full on goggles hit increases dramatically and i think we should try to avoid that if possible.

i think ambros metal barrel idea is excellent for sound effect. lemmings m60 and kd's m249 rattling on that would make you crap yer pants....LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who 's planning on going this saturday ,weather reports dont look too bad ,
    had to search for this thread ,weird

• Advertisement

Obligatory stand up and shout me, me post. I want to try out the m16 again.

I should be going again, its not gonna rain but its supposed to be pretty cold on sat.,

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

i'll be there for my first time so i'll try not to trip over and shoot myself in the first battle :).

BTW what kind of time will a 8.4v 1250 mah battery last for aprox. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I'll be there for your target practice enjoyment...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stepgrif

I’ll be there, first time, can’t wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Should be there with a m8 of mine

Should be there with a m8 of mine

M8? is that an aeg?

:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

dont think i can make it sat, will probably head up on sunday, want to try out the new mods to my p90, now with high spped motor and metal reciever

jinko wrote: »
    BTW what kind of time will a 8.4v 1250 mah battery last for aprox. ?

If treated and charged properly it should last the day.

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    dont think i can make it sat, will probably head up on sunday, want to try out the new mods to my p90, now with high spped motor and metal reciever

ooh, i want to see this, been considering the metal receiver for a while

decided to actually open my p90 gearbox the other night, first time since i bought it, re-shimmed it and im now up to 20 rounds per second from 17rps, think the fps had dropped a little bit too, so re-greased the cylinder head etc.., compression is much better now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement