Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gatling doesnt appear to ever...christ they could make an xfiles episode on how little sleep he gets....LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

maybe he's not real, hes one of them spam bot things.,lol, except i saw him today so hes a pretty convincing spam bot.,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Regarding HRTA yesterday.

Yowza that was a lot of new kids - absolutely brilliant! Some of them appear to be clinically insane on the "balls-screaming-death-charge" front which impressed me greatly (I was there on the first day at HRTA and the kids were crowded in the doorway terrified of getting hit).

There were a couple of incidents caused by point blank shooting and sadly it wasnt the accidental type. Johnny's dad (cant remember your name, sorry) took a few nasty shots with one viscious one to the cheek and one of the new guys (Seth - hand delivered by Alvin T Grey) had someone put a pistol to his chest and pull the trigger while shouting "Bang!".

Neither of these incidents were "caught in the act" by the Marshalls and if it had the ones responsible would have been pulled immediately.

I was talking with some of the guys and there is a concern over the use of Irish Camo (colloquially called Paddyflage). I have to point out that Irish Uniforms remain the property of the Minister of Defence and are not to be worn for non-official duty. You can not purchase it for civilian use and if you have you have recieved stolen goods. A couple of the teams have voiced concerns that they will not compete with people engaged in committing a crime (yes folks, its actually illegal). The IAA have made similar statements regarding the use of such equipment and uniforms.

Use your heads lads. Danish Pattern camo is available from Flecktarn and is pretty close, British DPM is perfectly fine for our climate and Flecktarn works wonders so there is no specific reason or justification for it.

/rant over

Yesterdays funniest moments?
    Johnnys amazing disintegrating SAW!!!! Some of the funniest facial expressions I have seen in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yowza that was a lot of new kids - absolutely brilliant! Some of them appear to be clinically insane on the "balls-screaming-death-charge" front which impressed me greatly (I was there on the first day at HRTA and the kids were crowded in the doorway terrified of getting hit).

Ok, can you try and convince any of them next time to Register with boards.ie so we can get the young guns day off the ground.

Cheers,
    Lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

vtec wrote: »
    lol , yeah he used something like 50 bbs today, makes every shot count.,lol

Doesn't even need to use them. He bang killed me lovely in the lane from about two feet away. He was definitely a bush.

• Advertisement

padmundo wrote: »
    Doesn't even need to use them. He bang killed me lovely in the lane from about two feet away. He was definitely a bush.

Sure thats not liamo. He's camoed even when he's wearing a black hoodie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

With regards the point blank thing, lets no go over board, there was a lot sudden jumping around corners and through door ways, it happens. I for one took more then my fair share of close range hits yesterday. I also have to hold my hand up to coming around a corner and opening up, this stuff happens.

Boston wrote: »
    With regards the point blank thing, lets no go over board, there was a lot sudden jumping around corners and through door ways, it happens. I for one took more then my fair share of close range hits yesterday. I also have to hold my hand up to coming around a corner and opening up, this stuff happens.

Some incidents are unavoidable, however, walking up to someone, pushing a pistol into their chest and pulling the trigger is not on.

I saw a number of rough moments in and around the central cabin and I understand that things can get hectic - I'm not talking about accidents. I'm talking about deliberate, aggressive and dangerous behaviour.

Some incidents are unavoidable, however, walking up to someone, pushing a pistol into their chest and pulling the trigger is not on.

Agreed. I wonder what the thought process behind that was, or if there was any?
    I saw a number of rough moments in and around the central cabin and I understand that things can get hectic - I'm not talking about accidents. I'm talking about deliberate, aggressive and dangerous behaviour.

The cabin was mental.

boston was that you that took the shot to the forehead?., lol

• Advertisement

Agreed. I wonder what the thought process behind that was, or if there was any?

The cabin was mental.

No idea what was going through the guys mind but you can bet it wasnt "I like to be friendly and play with teh kitteh".

I must admit, though it was a little OTT, the Cabin looked like great fun.

It was me indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It was me indeed.

no it wasnt ,any way it wasnt that bad 3 welts that i seen from itchy fingers at close range ,it was an excellent day so whats the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Best part of yesterday...target practice :D

It was fun teaching the kids some tricks, I love the idea of having a team member in charge of a few of the kids, it keeps a closer eye on them than the Marshall giving them an easier job too, and if they have trouble with their guns they have someone nearby
    That and some of the more nervous kids seemed less scared
    Some of the kids where grand on their own, and the battle cries where funny as hell!

The day did seem a lot more fun, and the little feckers actually kept us on our toes!

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    Best part of yesterday...target practice :D

It was fun teaching the kids some tricks, I love the idea of having a team member in charge of a few of the kids, it keeps a closer eye on them than the Marshall giving them an easier job too, and if they have trouble with their guns they have someone nearby
    That and some of the more nervous kids seemed less scared
    Some of the kids where grand on their own, and the battle cries where funny as hell!

The day did seem a lot more fun, and the little feckers actually kept us on our toes!

Go'on the Young Guns!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Did the guy that got that nasty shot to the face get shot in the main field or in the lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

The lane between the Hawks base and the dug out.

Gatling wrote: »
    no it wasnt

yes it was.

boston your joe ,:eek::eek:

it wasnt me

boston was that you that took the shot to the forehead?., lol
    It was me indeed.
    Gatling wrote: »
    no it wasnt
    yes it was.

I am joe.

• Advertisement

sorry joe , totaly forgot your screen name sorry

I am joe.

roffel :D

No, seriously, 4 quotes then "I am Joe" ... I have found my happy again

lol, its a bit strange trying to link usernames to people on the day huh, aparently though i look a bit vtec-ish ,lol :D
    Think ill stick a vtec patch on me camo hoodie.,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,037 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

lol, its a bit strange trying to link usernames to people on the day huh

It's a right pain in the arse! Nothing worse than forgetting their real name five minutes after they've told you and then have to scream a username at them across a field.

Why cant you all have a boring yet functional username like me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's a right pain in the arse! Nothing worse than forgetting their real name five minutes after they've told you and then have to scream a username at them across a field.

LOL. O1s1n havent seen you out in ages, hows the leg?

o1s1n wrote: »

just picturing it,

"cheeky monkey! take the left flank!
    "Fallschirmjager! you get the right!, (dont even know how to pronounce that name,lol).,:D

Bit by bit I'm putting together peoples real names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

just picturing it,

"cheeky monkey! take the left flank!
    "Fallschirmjager! you get the right!, (dont even know how to pronounce that name,lol).,:D

It's German for 'That-Bugger-Who's-Name-I-Can't-Pronounce'. It was coined by the Germans specifically to piss off the rest of the world.

Says alot about the German sense of humour that....... I should know. My GF is from Hamburg.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,037 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

liamo333 wrote: »
    LOL. O1s1n havent seen you out in ages, hows the leg?

The last remnants of discomfort seem to be fading. Although there's still some swelling. Have yet to try running properly. Although, I did have to sprint across O Connell street last week, narrowly avoiding a bus..and it seemed okay. So I should be good to go.

Would have been there on Saturday with Hive but prior commitments got in the way.

Will be out soon enough. I haven't played since June! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I also have to hold my hand up to coming around a corner and opening up, this stuff happens.

That, in fairness was spontaneous. I came around the corner with two lads at my back just as you did the same. Scared the monkeys out of me you did! I saw BB's flying past my eyes (thankfully I didn't get hit)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement