Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lemming wrote: »
    That, in fairness was spontaneous. I came around the corner with two lads at my back just as you did the same. Scared the monkeys out of me you did! I saw BB's flying past my eyes (thankfully I didn't get hit)

Which reminds me, it might be a good idea for Paul to stress the eye emergancy rules. Considering that on the field they are supposed to be paramount.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

you miss quoted lemmings post Krazy8 safety is always paramount everybody was well drilled on saftey ,there was no issues on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Gatling wrote: »
    you miss quoted lemmings post Krazy8 safety is always paramount everybody was well drilled on saftey ,there was no issues on saturday

Sorry, Leeming thought he got hit in the eye. He did everything he was supposed too to stop being shot at including shouting out emergency and nobody stopped. Turns out he was ok, but that might not happen another time. Out of everything that can happen in HRTA, I would consider the reaction to a person being shot in the eye of paramount importance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I also saw mel telling all the younger ones there about the emergancy rules etc so they didnt go out there without knowing the rules.,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

first i heard of that Krazy_8, i was talking with lemmings for a good while on saturday, sorry Krazy_8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Which reminds me, it might be a good idea for Paul to stress the eye emergancy rules. Considering that on the field they are supposed to be paramount.

Paul absolutely gave every newbie on the field a safety talk, I saw it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Anybody heading up from Rathfarnham/Knocklyon/Firhouse on Saturday 01/12? Am gonna need a lift (for once), will contribute €s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ambro: im in crumlin, could probably pick you up or meet somewhere nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ambro25 wrote: »
    Anybody heading up from Rathfarnham/Knocklyon/Firhouse on Saturday 01/12? Am gonna need a lift (for once), will contribute €s :)

I would except my Chrissie Party is on the night before so I won't be heading until the 8th (depending on what time the AGM is!).

gandalf wrote: »
    I would except my Chrissie Party is on the night before so I won't be heading until the 8th (depending on what time the AGM is!).

Erm... call it as I see it: wuss :D

My Xmas Party is also on the night before - see if that stops me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

AH but your french you'll probably be drinking that weak ass red wine whereas I will be on Goldslager and Jaegermeister and mountains of beer :)

I don't expect to be back home before daybreak :D

AH but your french you'll probably be drinking that weak ass red wine whereas I will be on Goldslager and Jaegermeister and mountains of beer :)

I don't expect to be back home before daybreak :D

Enjoy while it lasts... because not so once you have little ones ;)

[having little ones means never again (well, at least for a very long time) getting so drunk you can't see straight, in case 'something happens' and you gotta get'em to A&E like yesterday]

Which is why I shall my fresh-faced, rosy-cheeked and best-disposed usual self, come Saturday morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Sorry, Leeming thought he got hit in the eye. He did everything he was supposed too to stop being shot at including shouting out emergency and nobody stopped. Turns out he was ok, but that might not happen another time.

That was another incident later in the day. I took a couple of BBs fairly square on my glasses. I'm not sure what happened. maybe I blinked and there was something at the corner of my eye or an eyelash or something curled in and felt like a BB had disintegrated and gotten in somehow.

But no, all was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why cant you all have a boring yet functional username like me? :D
    o1s1n wrote:
    Would have been there on Saturday with Hive but prior commitments got in the way.

Will be out soon enough. I haven't played since June!

You'd want to sort your leg out and get down there though. I only realised yesterday that everyone has been calling me Oisín for weeks. Just because I have a FAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

padmundo wrote: »
    You'd want to sort your leg out and get down there though. I only realised yesterday that everyone has been calling me Oisín for weeks. Just because I have a FAL.

Lol, much to the embarassment of Dar as I recall.

Ambro lad, I can take you. Sure I'm only around the corner.

Thx a million padmundo :)

Txt'd you back and will pm shortly re. any logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Wuss! I had my driving test on the morning after my work christmas party a couple of years ago, did that stop me going to either?!

It probably should have...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Yeah, well, I didn't drink and I left early. They have free bars at the worst possible times!
    I should have stayed anyway, I ended up failing the test.

• Advertisement

Too many people were having problems turning up on the 8th and with it being HRTA's busiest day we have decided to move things to the 9th.

A full anouncement will be made shortly.

This is, however, off topic from the HRTA thread.

sure you mean to the 9th?

Boston wrote: »
    sure you mean to the 9th?

Well spotted Boston. Yes, Sunday the 9th I what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Lol, much to the embarassment of Dar as I recall.

As if it wasn't embarrassing enough I did the same thing to about 3 other people that day. Mental note: suggest name tags to paul, will prevent me looking like an egit in future :).

Following from up Dar's post and reading somewhere in here that last weekend's headcount was 65 (:eek: - yay!), suggestion to Paul - nonex - hrta:

* Get a couple of electrican's tape rolls (thin 'rubberish' one, inch or half inch width), one red, one blue
    * Cut a couple of inch's length per person
    * Tape up everyone on shoulder or hat or wherever, according to team assignment

= friendly fire mode off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Following from up Dar's post and reading somewhere in here that last weekend's headcount was 65 (:eek: - yay!), suggestion to Paul - nonex - hrta:

* Get a couple of electrican's tape rolls (thin 'rubberish' one, inch or half inch width), one red, one blue
    * Cut a couple of inch's length per person
    * Tape up everyone on shoulder or hat or wherever, according to team assignment

= friendly fire mode off :)
    I'd say hat/headger. Thats often the only part you see. I really need a way to stop TKing(few of you have eperience of that:p).

Dar wrote: »
    As if it wasn't embarrassing enough I did the same thing to about 3 other people that day. Mental note: suggest name tags to paul, will prevent me looking like an egit in future :).

Some call me Joe, but you can call me olie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

could put tape on the tip of there guns i suppose, thats the part you'll see the most, good idea all the same.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

vtec wrote: »
    could put tape on the tip of there guns i suppose, thats the part you'll see the most, good idea all the same.,

In a word?
    No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

What's HRTA like these days on a Sunday, much of a crowd?
    We're thinking of heading up, it's been too long! :rolleyes:
    Steve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement