Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

If anyone was looking for these I found them when I was sorting out my webbing. Looks like I left them in my pocket after the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the slide was done on purpose ,it was a john woo tactic called slide n gun . my team won that game :) it was a good day considering the conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Gatling wrote: »
    the slide was done on purpose ,it was a john woo tactic called slide n gun . my team won that game :) it was a good day considering the conditions

:cool: Damn wish I had been there to see that. Presumanly you ditched your M4 for two pistols and deployed doves and a high speed camera ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

hoplite wrote: »
    :cool: Damn wish I had been there to see that. Presumanly you ditched your M4 for two pistols and deployed doves and a high speed camera ;)

Thats the thing, he managed to pull it off with the M4! Also, he was one of the oldest on the team:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats the thing, he managed to pull it off with the M4! Also, he was one of the oldest on the team:p

lol.,yep, we had a very young and inferior "looking" team to the oposition.,;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

scanlant wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    The title says it all. I'm minus 1 midcap for an M4.
    Anybody see/find it?T

If it was a grey Mag I found it and handed it in to Paul mate, you must have left before as I asked everyone before turning it in.
    Some guy also did a "tuck and roll" right beside the centre cabin, though most people didn't see it.
    Was that was the last few seconds of the King of the Hill game? I think that was me. Charging for the cabin and finding three enemies waiting for me decided to go prone and tripped over myself all the while shooting and being shot lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Funniest thing was during a capture the flag when i was marshaling and had to yell to a guy "Your pants are falling down".. Poor guys ass was exposed and if i had an AEG i would have shot it even if there was no respawn.

im not fecking old ive got 9 months of my 20s left ,the younger lads put on a good showing yesterday including the small lad in the hoodie ,future team captain

the fella with the P90? he had a good head on him for his age didnt he, there was another one with an MP5 aswell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

sounded like fun, even if wet, but i'm off next weekend(thank god) so will see you then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I rocked back and forward for 5-10 mins until someone came and gave me a push! Thanks very much whoever u are :)

Was that you in the black car?

im not fecking old ive got 9 months of my 20s left ,the younger lads put on a good showing yesterday including the small lad in the hoodie ,future team captain

That was Peter using the p90, and he's 15 and in 4th year. The Contractor with a beard was trying to recuit him, but he's ours! The guy with the Mp5 wasn't with us, and it was his brothers Mp5.

That was Peter using the p90, and he's 15 and in 4th year. The Contractor with a beard was trying to recuit him, but he's ours! The guy with the Mp5 wasn't with us, and it was his brothers Mp5.

that little fella was 15? he looked a lot younger than that.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

If he wants to throw on some DPM and join the rest of the contractors. Who are we to stop him.
    Hell, from what I saw, the kid deserves a scholorship.:D

If he wants to throw on some DPM and join the rest of the contractors. Who are we to stop him.
    Hell, from what I saw, the kid deserves a scholorship.:D

Fraid he's going Tigerstripe, the camo of Team <To Be Decided>. Anyway, the Contractors are full aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

vtec wrote: »
    yeah i saw that fella doin a barrell roll, not sure if it was intentional though.,lol
    Was that the guy I smoked to hell with my AUG as he attempted to attack the Contractors base? Was followed by much laughing from our side I might add!

Harekin wrote: »
    Was that the guy I smoked to hell with my AUG as he attempted to attack the Contractors base? Was followed by much laughing from our side I might add!

if your thinking of the right time the fact that you were in fits of laughter explains why me smoked ya'll so bad.,lol,:p
    i dunno which one is the contractors base but we were attacking the one thats on the left as you come down from the safe zone, me and gatling was in cover close to their base and we were teling the others behind us to cover fire and move up, then this battle charge outta nowhere and a big warrior roll!.,lol, I was in fits of laughing aswell.,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

vtec wrote: »
    if your thinking of the right time the fact that you were in fits of laughter explains why me smoked ya'll so bad.,lol,:p
    i dunno which one is the contractors base but we were attacking the one thats on the left as you come down from the safe zone, me and gatling was in cover close to their base and we were teling the others behind us to cover fire and move up, then this battle charge outta nowhere and a big warrior roll!.,lol, I was in fits of laughing aswell.,:D

Was one of the last games, we won it quite significantly! :D

you's won the last game alright but 3 of us still didnt get hit ,and we hammered you's the game before that

you's won the last game alright but 3 of us still didnt get hit ,and we hammered you's the game before that

oh yeah i forgot, the one im talkin about was my last game, there was one more after I left i believe.,

• Advertisement

The last four games were

Assault the Ghosts Base (sucessfully defended against superior numbers)

Assault the Contractors Base (The defenders were routed)

Assault the Contractors Base (Sucessful defence against superior numbers)

Bridge Assault in Memory Lane (complete slaughter of the Ghosts end team)

results? 2:2

totaly agree with marshall hivemind on this it was a draw

I had to impose time limits against the attacking teams because otherwise it could have gone on all night.

Consider the time limits the length of time it takes for reinforcements to arrive. Reinforcements in the form of Apache Gunships armed with huge effing BB showers.;)

something like this
    AH64.jpg

there was 4 ppl on my team that attacked best we could ,camping was a problem with the rest ,still it was a good day

there was 4 ppl on my team that attacked best we could ,camping was a problem with the rest ,still it was a good day

See, there is a thing about campers in Airsoft. Its not Counter Strike, there is always an angle they will be vulnerable from.

From time to time the marshalls will come across folks who are too well dug-in and they slot them on general principal. Its not strictly a rule since in MilSim it's perfectly acceptable (if not actively sought) but in general skirmishing its done to keep the game going.

If someone is spotted for camping they run the risk of getting tagged by a Marshall, trouble is, while a Marshall may be omnipotent they are not omnipresent and as such they can and do miss things.

For the most part I felt the games went alright, perhaps a little long, but overall they werent too bad.

there is no fun behind a pallet ,the fun part is going all out for a decisive victory

the people from HRTA should get a few scrap cars in there aswell, would really make for good cover and stuff.,

more cover adds to camping ,be intresting to see whats happening next on the site

I think it would be good if there was something out in the open field where snipers coud go instead of just hiding in the lane, maybe a few pits would be good where gunners could hide aswell,.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

See, there is a thing about campers in Airsoft. Its not Counter Strike, there is always an angle they will be vulnerable from.

From time to time the marshalls will come across folks who are too well dug-in and they slot them on general principal. Its not strictly a rule since in MilSim it's perfectly acceptable (if not actively sought) but in general skirmishing its done to keep the game going.

If someone is spotted for camping they run the risk of getting tagged by a Marshall, trouble is, while a Marshall may be omnipotent they are not omnipresent and as such they can and do miss things.

For the most part I felt the games went alright, perhaps a little long, but overall they werent too bad.

oK, that explains why I was shot by a marshal that time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement