Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista - Known Issues and Resolutions.

2»

Comments

Karsini wrote:
    I think Symantec released a patch for the 2006 releases.
    No patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

mart_max wrote:
    mick, i hv the home premium. so far no problem, detects my Dell 2005FPW as a generic PNP monitor. i use the latest Catalyst driver and no issue getting a resolution 1680 x 1050 on ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. maybe it's ur monitor settings?

Mart

My settings are exactly the same as yours but i have the Ultimate edition. Why the hell can't i get 1680X1050??? It really spoiling Vista for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

WTF IS PAINT? I can't find it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

WIN+R and type "mspaint"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Vista orb, All Programs, Accessories, Paint.

As irish1 said, take a shortcut and execute the command instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Press the Winkey and then type the name of the application, ie "paint" is the best way to do it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Anyone manage to find a codec pack that works on vista? vlc and wmp wont play my .avi files with video.. just sound.

You need to change one or two output settings with VLC to get video to play (I was getting red or pink video output otherwise)

The steps to fix it are mentioned on the VLC forum somewhere (stickied? I forget..)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

<snip>
    "Acquired" copy once again. Any ideas?

READ THE CHARTER - NO WAREZ ! /cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

D-Link DWL122G rev C. wireless dongle will not work under Vista or XP drivers. Tried numeous XP/Vista drivers to no avail.

Logitech MX518 no vista drivers. XP setpoint drivers install but I haven't being able to bind keys to all mouse buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Dingatron wrote:
    D-Link DWL122G rev C. wireless dongle will not work under Vista or XP drivers. Tried numeous XP/Vista drivers to no avail.

Logitech MX518 no vista drivers. XP setpoint drivers install but I haven't being able to bind keys to all mouse buttons.

Try having no Printer or Scanner Drivers!! Ended up Scaring my Dad half to Death when he was using his PC to watch a Video, and his Printer Suddenly Started Printing!! : ) File and Printer Sharing works!! hehe!

No Bluetooth, Nokia N70, or Sony Mini-Disc Player drivers!! and it Immensley dislikes having 2 USB Drives connected at once!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Im getting a spooler supsystem app stopped working and was closed when trying to add a printer.

Restarted the spooler service but nothing.

Googled for it and seems to be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I take it you mean Internet Explorer, and it's a hack not a patch as 10 connections to a site is not part of the standard.

The tweak for IE on other versions of windows is here -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282402
    http://www.rfc.org.uk/cgi-bin/lookup.cgi?rfc=rfc2068

nah, he's on about this:
    <snip>
    Please read the charter - the bit about NO HACKZ!

( You may be right about the limit being outbound rather than inbound though ) /cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ive got vista ultimate 32bit, and i know this wont apply to too many ppl, but im connected to the internet thru the local network (thru a proxy), and its being very random in deciding to connect to the internet sometimes. sometimes itl go fine, other times itl take age, then sometimes if i plug the network cable in and out a few times, it resolves itself.

(its not a hardware issue i dont think cause two other guys with vista here have the same problem, then two other guys again have the same version of vista and theyre fine!)

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Has anyone managed to Network a Vista pc to an xp pc yet?? its driving me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

sarahn11 wrote:
    Has anyone managed to Network a Vista pc to an xp pc yet?? its driving me mad!
    What do you mean? If you're being prompted for passwords on the XP machine or having other such problems, the first port of call is the Network and Sharing Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

No problem here networking. Have Vista Home Premium, Win XP Prof laptop and Win XP home all running well together.

What sort of problems are you having with networking them.

Shane

Advertisement