Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need your help

Options
  • 21-02-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there

We are two guys from switzerland and we want to come to dublin on st. patrick's day this year. shure, we are pretty late, so there are no free spaces in any hostel..
    we thought we'll just try it here.. is there anyone who can offer us a room to sleep for about two nights. we don't need much. actually just a dry and warm room. and we can pay something for shure!
    and we are not something like party-tourists who will be uncomfortable for you :-). we've been in ireland a few times and want to see it once at st. patricks day..

we really hope that there is someone who can help us.. you can contact us at marco_leuthold@hotmail.com

thank you and take care

marco and jonas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I can't help you with accomodation except sugges a B&B. I am not sure how packed they will be.

http://www.townandcountry.ie/

You know St. Patricks day is not one of the best social nights in Dublin, in fact a lot would agree with me that it (along with new years Eve) is one of the worst nights. There is a LOT of drink taken from early on in the day by people who can't handle their liquer. This leads to theft, aggresivness and taxi drivers refusing to work. However, if you have commited, there will be a Rugby match on that day (Ireland V Italy) there should be a good atmosphere and I hope you enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

lightening wrote:
    You know St. Patricks day is not one of the best social nights in Dublin, in fact a lot would agree with me that it (along with new years Eve) is one of the worst nights.

I was going to say the same thing. Whenever I'm in Dublin on Paddy's Day I always make sure that I leave the city for the majority of the night.

You might try staydublin for accomodation. They have three buildings in the city centre.

Have fun if you do make it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You can crash in mine if you apologise for stopping our footballl team from qualifying for the last two major tournaments.

This offer also applies to Cypriots, Germans and basically anyone who has ever played our excuse for a national side

Advertisement