Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gazing

• 21-02-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was watching Television with my Boyfriend of 6 months last nite and out of the corner of my eye I saw him Gazing at me for a few minutes. I pretended I was engrossed in the film but began to feel a bit paranoid why he was doing this. Is it a bit odd or should I be paranoid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Puzzled wrote:
    I was watching Television with my Boyfriend of 6 months last nite and out of the corner of my eye I saw him Gazing at me for a few minutes. I pretended I was engrossed in the film but began to feel a bit paranoid why he was doing this. Is it a bit odd or should I be paranoid?

Its not odd. He is seriously into you. I would be flattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Have you considered the possibility that he might just think that you are beautiful and he simply enjoys being able to look at you? You really do come across as being a bit paranoid I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Agreed with above, seem's like he just really likes you. try not to be so paranoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

How sweet is that? He was probably just thinking lovely things about you and got lost in his thoughts.
    It isn't weird at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A) He thinks your gorgeous and can't take his eyes off you
    B) You have something he can't stop staring at (large mole, small head, no nose)
    C) You had something crawling on you and he was waiting to see your reaction when it scuttles across your face.

Just assume it's A and be feel chuffed about yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maybe he was worried about something but didn't know how to sensitively broach the subject. By staring at you, maybe he was hoping to invoke the standard "What's wrong?" response. Either that or he LOOOOVES you.
    Wah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How do you consider it odd? He likes you and thinks you're wonderful. :) Enjoy it and count yourself lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

maybe you had a snot hanging out of your nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Puzzled wrote:

We don't half gaze enough at each other in the West.
    There are ceratain practices which encourage gazing both at each other and at ourselves even specific meditations.
    I think its wonderfuol that he did this. Next time turn and look back, just enjoy how each other look and the beautiful human being you are looking at.
    If you like, ask him to gaze first into your right eye for a few minutes, and you do same, then into the left and do saem, then really look at each other.
    You will really be amazed at what happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

[begin generic PI response]
    He's cheating on you. Dump him
    [/end generic PI response]

There's nothing to worry about. He thinks you're pretty (or cute or hot or whatever the kids say nowadays).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

• He was trying to fgure out how to word it
    • He was comparing you to his other girlfriend
    • He was trying to remember your name
    • He was checking to see if you could smell it
    • He was wondering how did he get so lucky
    • He thought you said something
    • He was trying to freak you out
    • You're just bragging :p

point is, we can only speculate, op, if it really freaked you out, just ask him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

He was thinking about cooking you!

And since I don't want to get banned I guess I should add something else.... spagetthi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

You picked the word "gazing", OP, which alot more aesthetic and romantic than "if I can't have you, then noone will-stare".:)

Looks like you got an admirer there! Cherish it, return the gaze if you wish, laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Maybe the film was boring and it was either look at U
    or look at the wall.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

If you are on holiday in some exotic setting and you walk past a plant that is unfamiliar to you, but you find it to be the most brilliant and beautiful thing you have ever seen will you not stop and stare in awe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I hope my gf doesnt think this when i stare at her.. :o

damn you op! now I'm paranoid! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Maybe he didn't like what was on telly and found you more interesting than it. Maybe he was thinking of something and had a thousand yard stare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

He was...

STARING AT YOUR KNOCKERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Slutmonkey57b, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Eh?

1) The OP's question was "why is he staring at me?" - what is "off topic" about the idea that a heterosexual bloke might be staring at her chest?
    2) The OP thinks being stared at is weird. Blokes stare at women all day long. I'm merely pointing it out. How is that "unhelpful"? More or less unhelpful than the snot posting?

Or am I getting the banhammer for posting the word "knockers"? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Puzzled wrote:
    I was watching Television with my Boyfriend of 6 months last nite and out of the corner of my eye I saw him Gazing at me for a few minutes.
    Psst. I think he might fancy you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Me thinks he's gazing at his love object. Whew! That's grand! But how can you just sit there and not embrace him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Thank's everyone for your reply's. Maybe im just being silly about it and should be flattered.I feel like a teenager, Im actually 28.

Im now getting worried that he might say that he may Love me. I dont really feel the "love" thing yet so if he does I dont want to hurt him and say nothing.

There was a song on radio this morning when we were in bed and the word love was in it everywhere. I had to get out of bed in case he said it to me. When we're in the pub and a song comes on he sings the Love bit to me eg. we were clubbing and the song by natasha bettingfield "I love you, I love you, I love you...." was on and he kept singing it to me, I didnt know where to look.

Oh and im only out of a long relationship as is he.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Puzzled wrote:
    Im now getting worried that he might say that he may Love me. I dont really feel the "love" thing yet .'

Wow, after 6 months? Why are you still with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

'Cos she's scared he's an axe murderer and was just sizing her neck up for the blade last night?

OP: You're 28 - would you relax? Have a chat with the guy. Jeez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Men need to ocassionally fire gaze, he might have been lost in his own world but his face was turned towards you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Puzzled wrote:
    'Thank's everyone for your reply's. Maybe im just being silly about it and should be flattered.I feel like a teenager, Im actually 28.

Im now getting worried that he might say that he may Love me. I dont really feel the "love" thing yet so if he does I dont want to hurt him and say nothing.

There was a song on radio this morning when we were in bed and the word love was in it everywhere. I had to get out of bed in case he said it to me. When we're in the pub and a song comes on he sings the Love bit to me eg. we were clubbing and the song by natasha bettingfield "I love you, I love you, I love you...." was on and he kept singing it to me, I didnt know where to look.

Actually, the gazing query was a symptom... this is more like the real issue. Why feel scared if someone admits they love you, or that you are frightened that they will expect it in return.
    It appears then that you are wary of opening up, possibly because of the long term relationship.. but you haev been with him 6 months. It may be something worth exploring in and of yourself, this may be an intimacy issue (not sexual intimacy but emotional intimacy). It may not be a major issue now, but think about dealing with it before it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Puzzled wrote:

:eek: After six months?! If I found out my boyfriend didn't love me after six months I'd be outta there!! It does sound like he's got it for you bad too. What happens if after a year you still don't love him? He's going to be devestated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Concur with daiixi and marksuttonie. He's clearly besotted with you, while your attitude (and forgive me for I'm just going on the tone of your posts in this thread) towards him seems to be a lot more lukewarm.

Simply put, you've got to have a chat with him about where you both think this relationship's going. Now it's only my opinion (and take this with a pinch of salt, cos at 22 I'm relatively inexperienced) but if you're pretty unsure about whether or not you love your other half after 6 months, well... I wouldn't call that a sound bedrock for a lasting relationship, put it that way.

Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement