Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcoming balls

• 21-02-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I'm just bcack from a SU meeting where we were discussing ideas for upcoming balls. the two big ones we have decided on are: A Mystery Tour and a Debs.

For the mystery tour we are planning to go a fair bit away from the college (not another local place we have been to 1,000 times before) and have a decent session.

for the Debs we are planning to go probably somewhere in Navan, like Taboo or Liquid. There we will be having a meal and then going for a good disco dance, basically re-creating a debs. the downfall for the debs idea is the cost, the minimum you should expect to be spending on a ticket is €40, and that's each, not for a couple, but I personally think it is a good idea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

cant see the debs idea working, while i think its an excellent idea the expense would probably kill the idea but ya never know i'll ask around see who would be willing, if you halved the price to 20 it be a great idea(maybe make the meal cheap or take it out of it altogether) and dont go anywhere near liquid! taboo is a good idea though.

as for the mstery tour how about an all day kind of thing where ya visit a couple of places during the day, as in make it an actual tour, 3 or 4 places would do?

if an all day thing is out of the qeustion then i'd put the forum in monaghen in for a vote as a place to go

can you suggest ideas for balls? i'll have a load of ideas tomorrow if you can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

all the above was discussed at the meeting. the meal is sorta a must, as it would just be the wedding all over again without the meal. Although there was talk of selling half of the tickets for just ball part. TBH if I was going I would be going the whole hog, and the food is going to be cheap anyway, lol.

as for the mystery tour it would be FAR too expensive trying to setup 3 or 4 niteclubs for the day, and the busses would rape us up the behind on the price. Also if we tried to go for a full day in the one location it would be pretty crap and boring. It would be nice to get a full day out of the mystery tour tho, how much would you be willing to fork out if you knew it was for the whole day?

yeh i agree it would be very similiar to the wedding without the meal, same if i was goin i would be up for the whole hog but i'd say it would appeal to couples more than anything else so having tickets just for the ball part would be a must.

yeh forgot about the costs of buses, nightclubs wouldnt be that expensive to set up, they'd be glad of the business at a time when there income would be zero, maybe.

would be willing to spend 30 - 40 for a whole day.

how about some sort of pub crawl in one place? would probably be really awkward to organise?

how about looking into having some promotions in the college bar too? its a rip off as it is so they shouldn't have too much trouble having a special offer on some of the days a ball is on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it would be tough setting up some promotions in the college bar as it is privatly owned.

I think that if there was a pub crawl it would have to be an independant thing, because having 1000 people running amok around Dundalk on a pub crawl is a bit much

yes very true, the more i think about it the debs is actually a really really good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

mystery tour sounds great... blindfold a bunch of people on a bus and drive them to the middle of nowhere... like Inniskeen ;)

anybody know if the dkit oscars thing is something like the "grad" ball you mentioned mart? the tickets are €30 but i cant find out what it actually is or includes??

Advertisement