Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Permashine.ie

Options
  • 21-02-2007 4:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used this service , interested in your views !

http://permashine.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

sharkman wrote:
    Has anyone used this service , interested in your views !

http://permashine.ie/
    Their website is enough to put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Look at the customer refs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

Anan1 wrote:
    I'll second that. It takes ages to load and the link to contact them doesn't appear to work either:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:

LOL, I thought the same thing. It doesn't even work in Opera - I got a black screen with the text:
    FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

so I was already put off before I tried it in IE...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

it all works perfectly well for me and is a very slick website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm a little cautious on this.

Do they clingfilm your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

A couple of hours and some polish and you'd get similar results!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

prospect wrote:
    Look at the customer refs...

Yeah... amazing coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Still waiting for it to load...

and its not like I'm not on broadband!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hmm, those customer refs are weird since they are quoting actual people. would be a bit pissed off it they were doing that to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

I just love the way that all their customers said exactly the same thing about this permashine craic. Sounds just the smallest bit suspect...... hhhhhmmmmm, seems people will do anything to avoid "hard work"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Works well enough in Mozilla, that X5 looks amazing. Lots of jet owning customer refs I see...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

About as dodgy as Gary Glitter working in a sweet shop.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Not even going to bother waiting on it to load, took 5 minutes to get to 50% and that's with a 2mb line :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've seen all those pictures of the NSX they've used on that flash thing a few years ago around the 'net. Doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Can anybody actually comment on the work they carry out? Fair enough the website leaves a lot to be desired but they have to start somewhere and if they're only relatively new in business, then they might not have that many customer references.
    I kinda enjoy polishing/waxing my car :D
    The key benefits?
    • Easy to clean, no need to polish ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

€350 seems quite good considering they collect your car, apply the Supaguard stuff, valet your car and then return it to you.
    I priced a similar service in the UK a while back and it was around the GBP£350 mark.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks Fletch , I was actually loking for comments on their product , Not their website !

Anyone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I borought my car over from the UK, it had the Supaguard treatment from new.
    In fairness it looked nice and shiney (red) but there were swirl marks all over the car.
    The Supaguard kits can be bought on ebay for about £30, so the dealers are making huge profits on these kits.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPAGUARD-COMPLETE-PROTECTION-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ160086732407QQihZ006QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought some good quality paint sealants and waxes and did a better job for a fraction of the cost of one of these treatments.

Checkout www.smartcarcare.ie/catalog there are some packages on there that would be far better quality and value.

Neil.

Advertisement