Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers who needs the irritating gits?

Options
  • 21-02-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Prompted by years of idly wondering and then today by this thread re. an Auctioneer allegedly trying to gazump a couple on a house sale.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52808109#post52808109

I have to ask why do we involve some irritating 25 yr old in a little silver VW Golf , a nasty polyester tie and 20 mins of hair-product application to their empty little heads in our house selling/buying transactions ?

- Its meant to be the biggest, most significant purchase ever and you spend the best years of your life paying for it - so why do we need to include the little annoying git at all.............? I mean it would be one thing if they just liked opening and closing doors and pointing out that there is actually a bog and sink under the stairs but then they expect to be paid a bloody mint - for what ???? And it seems that they want to raise their bloated commissions across the industry now that the sector is slowing down.

FCEK THAT :confused:

You see the odd "Private Sale 087 1123567" sign outside a house - and assuming you don't have subsidance, homicidal neighbours on 3 sides and a haunted basement then surely this is the way to go ? You could even point out that theres a patio and an understairs goddammned toilet yourself :eek:

edits for spel lling anf general typos....... ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Raiser wrote:
    I have to ask why do we involve some irritating 25 yr old in a little silver VW Golf , a nasty polyester tie and 20 mins of hair-product application to their empty little heads in our house selling/buying transactions ?

We must have dealt with the same obnoxious little prat because your description is dead on! :eek:

I totally agree with you. Buying a house is one of the most important moments in your life and these smug gits only make the whole experience all the more stressful and frustrating. IMO, the vast majority of auctioneers/estate agents are self righteous a**holes who care about nothing other then lining their own pockets.

Advertisement