Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted .22lr

Options
  • 21-02-2007 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy one gun shops ive been at havent had what i was looking for really so thought id try here.

Really looking for a brno mod 1,2 or 5 but will consider anything so let me know what you have.

Have cash waiting but ill not pay over the odds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

Go to Neil Mc veigh in Goatstown, he has a 1710 and a 1411 anchschutes (Excuse the spelling) he is looking for 550 for the 1411 and 750 for the 1710, that's a good price on each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

vlmaxis wrote:
    Go to Neil Mc veigh in Goatstown, he has a 1710 and a 1411 anchschutes (Excuse the spelling) he is looking for 550 for the 1411 and 750 for the 1710, that's a good price on each one.

Is that a business/gunshop? or have you just informed the crims where to get a couple of guns? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Id say you can safely assume its a gunshop legal guns are tightly controlled in this country and i dont know about you but i doubt your common criminal is going to by paying 750 for a semi competition .22lr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

i dont know about you but i doubt your common criminal is going to by paying 750 for a semi competition .22lr.

Yeah, I doubt it too :D:D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

benhurt1 wrote:
    Is that a business/gunshop? or have you just informed the crims where to get a couple of guns? :eek:
    Of course its a gun shop, he used to trade as the gun exchange, im not sure of he trading name now.

• Advertisement

New .22lr aquired and it is

A Brno 581 semi made in 1970 and is in maybe 80% + condition

Been looking for something like this for a while and cant wait to get a licence to go out and shoot it.

Its the origianl version of the current CZ 511 only made to higher standards and quaility and better parts.

511s581s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

They're a fantastic rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

New .22lr aquired and it is

A Brno 581 semi made in 1970 and is in maybe 80% + condition

Been looking for something like this for a while and cant wait to get a licence to go out and shoot it.

Its the origianl version of the current CZ 511 only made to higher standards and quaility and better parts.

511s581s.jpg

Ah! Clearly you do not live in Ireland, lisenceing of these 4 buities would cost €152/annum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

on the .22lr what are peoples opinions on semi versus bolt when being used for vermin.

Thinking of getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Ah! Clearly you do not live in Ireland, lisenceing of these 4 buities would cost €152/annum

strange the socket gave that away for me not the cost????

• Advertisement

Not my pic, off another forum.

Civdef thanks i was looking for something like it for a while and at €275 there was no chance i would pass it up.

Vegeta its personal preference really bolts are better they are more accurate, feed reliabily, dont foul up and when you pull the trigger they fire where and when you want no fuss.

I have a CZ 452 .17hmr and thats my accurate hunting gun.

I bought the semi for a number of reasons its i have a soft spot for brnos always wanted one, this semi are very reliable and accurate and dont give trouble at all. I also like the little history attached to this. Its mainly a fun gun for shooting groups as this is expensive with the .17 and just lots of shooting basically will give it a go on the bunnies but not what it was bought for.

Advertisement