Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article]Plastic bag to cost 22 cent from July

Options
  • 21-02-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

A whopping 7c! :eek: Bag for life ftw. :)
    The environmental levy on plastic bags will increase to 22 cent per bag from July 1.

The price increase, which was first announced at the beginning of this year, is the first since the charge was introduced in 2002.

Environment Minister Dick Roche said he was approving the increase so that the impact of the levy would not decrease.

The decision means the price of a plastic bag increases by seven cent from the current charge of 15 cent.

The money goes into an environment fund that finances waste-management, recycling and environmental projects.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I totally agree with this.
    I used to work in a Super Valu when in college and they went through about 40,000 bags a week and it wasn't even a huge shop imaging what Tesco or SuperQuinn go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

I think thats cool too, should be even higher. There's not really much excuse for using them anymore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Totally agree with this, no harm in putting it to 50c as far to many people don't have the cop on to bring bags with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cabaal wrote:
    Totally agree with this, no harm in putting it to 50c as far to many people don't have the cop on to bring bags with them

I agree. It's cool that most people have gotten into the habit of bringing bags for life along!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gah! FFS! 22c? 20c, or 25c, but not 22c. I never have 2c, and I hate getting all the **** change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the_syco wrote:
    Gah! FFS! 22c? 20c, or 25c, but not 22c. I never have 2c, and I hate getting all the **** change.
    well you'll have loads from now on because you'll get them in your change when you get a bag :)

Advertisement